7 1/4 uh oh

-

Mopar Dude

Reaction score
I took all my brakes off to replace wheel bearings and now I can't find detailed info on putting them back together. Any help? Pictures or write ups? I have been searching online but can't come up with anything

Attachments

• 1432340351537.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 335
Big shoe in the back, small in the front.

Down load a shop manual for your car, it will have a full pictorial of where the springs go.

Always take a pic of these things, can`t say you don`t have a camera! :)

Left side 8-3/4, should be similar.

Attachments

• rear+parts 011.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 298
  • rear+parts 014.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 283
If 9" drums, they don't have the diamond washer at the top. Initially, I thought they were lost when I did mine.

Hope this helps , And these are 10 inch brakes, 7.25 rear. this is the right side MT

Attachments

• 020.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 251
Hope this helps you out.Quality aint that great !

Attachments

• rear brake assembly.pdf
    132.7 KB · Views: 102
Got a suggestion for future reference. Don't take both brakes apart at the same time, just pull the drums. That way there is an example to use as a guide. Exceptions to this are the location of the brake shoes (big shoe in back, short shoe in front) and the location of the parking brake and auto adjustment gear (always to the rear of the car).

Y does the lil shoe go in tha front?

IIRC on a single servo (wheel cylinder) system, the leading shoe has a tendency to "self apply". To try to equalize the wear between shoes, manufacturers (Not all, however) started making the front shoe with less friction material on it.

Before my time, some car makers (Chrysler was one) made a duo-servo or twin leading shoe design. This used two wheel cylinders arranged opposite each other to put pressure on the brake shoes in the same manner. By juggling friction material length, car makers found out they could get by cheaper with a single servo system.

Normally I would leave one together but had to pull ales out to have new bearings pressed on. Hopefully I can get it back together tomorrow

-
Back