70’ Duster 340 4 speed value

-
Car got picked up today, should be delivered Monday! Will keep y’all posted Thanks for all the input.

Good attempted deflection.... so you gonna tell us what you paid? You asked us what we would pay, so return the favour. Something between $10 and $50k (or similar) doesn’t count. :steering:

The car being in transit has no relevance to closing the loop with us on what the price is of a 1970 340 Duster!
I agree, but some people might find it none of anyone's business what they paid for a car (which, of course, they could tell us)

I agree, but some people might find it none of anyone's business what they paid for a car (which, of course, they could tell us)

Exactly. They shouldn’t create a post asking what a fair price of a car is they are looking at buying, especially if they bought it. In this case there’s a definitive answer since he actually bought it!

If I were to ask you how much money you made, and you answered, I’d expect (and you should) then ask me how much money I make and I should respond. But that’s not happening here.....

Only reason prices ACTUALLY paid are useful is it gives a comparable sale. Such sales in the R/E world, are called comps and give the seller AND buyer and appraisers of properties factual info to base opinions and actions on. If you are buying/selling r/e this is a must have. Same type info is needed is our hobby to make informed decisions. Whether buying a survivor, restored car, or project!?
BS on Feebay, Cl, and what uncle need let his favorite grandchild have his Duster for is not useful to anyone!

This. OP doesn't "owe" it to anyone to share what he paid for his toaster let alone a vehicle. He asked for a round about value, not what each individual has paid for their own vehicles. If he doesn't want to share, let it go...

Generally A bodies are not collectable unless they are original big block models.
An original numbers matching 340 A body may be more desirable to some but i think their value is more dependant on the quality of the car even if it's a clone.

Generally A bodies are not collectable unless they are original big block models.
An original numbers matching 340 A body may be more desirable to some but i think their value is more dependant on the quality of the car even if it's a clone.

Original 340 Abodies do have collectible value beyond condition alone. Clones or light modified clones in same condition of documented 340 do not bring similar money.

71 340 cars with desirable for year options are actually worth more than 67 hardtop 383 cars with desiresble for year option.

i agree all things being equal the original car is more desirable.
Good Question ...what is the definition of a Mopar collector car?

Cam and headers doesn’t change the grading system. IF everthing else is a 8-9 /10 it’s still a #2 car LOL but thanks for the input

Yes. It most certainly does. If you think not, then you have learned the wrong grading system down the line.

But carry on.

At my advanced age and since I did not retire wealthy! I enjoy playing with cars that are as affordable as possible. Especially since I have always had to have a few projects on hand. So I am drawn toward cars I can just enjoy and not feel guilty because I have more $ invested in it than I feel is fair to my wife. Therefore my feelings toward discussions as to which is worth more? 68 383 cuda or 72 340 duster??? More power to the guy that has a nice one they want to sell.

Lol.

Guys, who cares... and what would we learn anyways, that he either got a deal or got dealt. Doesn't tell ya much, it's worth whatever someone will pay, right? Then theres the sucker born every minute and the bad market line as well... be nice if it were a fair deal, but what are we looking for, a bedtime story ? Lol

The fact that he came on a public site to ask about value, indicates he wasn't sure. I'd say based on his theory that cam and headers doesn't effect value, he probably overpaid, maybe by a bunch. Jmho

The fact that he came on a public site to ask about value, indicates he wasn't sure. I'd say based on his theory that cam and headers doesn't effect value, he probably overpaid, maybe by a bunch. Jmho
I knew I left something out.
About that... it's always been like this, if they're in the trunk... has no negative effect on price imo.
If they're missing, sold off long ago etc... that's a big ding on the price.

-
Back