70-71 Rear LED sequential lights

-

MPRMAN

Reaction score
Any one run these? I know they are only available from easyperformance and look pretty slick. I have a set on order, 3 week turnaround. Just was curious if someone got a set already installed.

I have vertical tail lights on my 67 valiant. I keep seeing these led replacement bulbs for the older cars. Has anyone used them?

I was having trouble with my tail/ brakes being to dim, I figured somewhere a ground is a little weak. So I went to Advance auto and bought a set, name brand, not the China junk on Ebay, about $20, they work fantastic.

For sure! I got about another 2 weeks before they come in. Supposedly no modifications to housings/lenses needed (Thankfully so @ $300+ a pop no room for error on those housings/lenses). It will be interesting to see how smooth the install goes. I will be sure to post up some pics and progress, pros/cons etc...

:rock:Got them in on Wednesday and installed last night.

Pros:
-Bright, and sequence nicely. With stock bulbs up front no need for low current flasher relay.
-Straight forward and simple looking device with stock plug connections
-Fitment in housings with plenty of clearance and center nicely.
-grounding remains on the factory socket and housing (not the aluminum mounting bracket provided)

Cons:
-additional wire (pink) needed to run sequence when lights are not "on" (park or headlamp) otherwise unit does standard flash. Sequencing and programming mode is enabled when you turn your parks on or your main headlights. (This I really don't mind as it changes things up.)
-mounting is set up for drilling your housings to mount. I opted not to and resorted to expandable weather seal from lowes. It worked really well and gives nice shock absorbsion and suspension inside the housing.
-the absence of weatherproofing on circuit board in form of epoxy or gel coating.

Overall great product and I sent them a review. Looking to see if they do any revisions to make it an all inclusive, buy and install product. As of now it leaves room for imagination and error.

Attachments

• IMG_20160302_184634697.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 148
  • IMG_20160302_191254428.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 128
  • IMG_20160303_182515842.jpg
    112 KB · Views: 138
  • IMG_20160303_183916590.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 137
  • IMG_20160303_183810126.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 140
  • tails.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 144
  • IMG_20160303_205149661.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 139
:hippy2:Oh yes, had the car going and there was a bit of moisture in the air! The smokey fog helps catch some of the light rays off the lights.

Working on getting a link to a video loaded to see them in action.

-
Back