70 Challenger Covertible - value?

-

udlooz

Reaction score
Have a person offering to trade me a 70 Challenger convertible....318 3 speed non a/c. Originally red with red guts and white power top. All body panels, trunk and floor pans good...no major rust.
Tops is bad, crappy paint, dash is cracked. New black upholstery. Car smokes on start-up but he says it runs and drives ok.

Any idea what this car would sell for?

70 convertable would be fairly vauable in decent shape, and easy to put a 340/440/383 in

It's worth what someone is willing to pay for it. That said it currently worth $.01 without seeing any pictures of it.

About $5.....hey, I have $5, you should sell it to me! Cool car and you don't see many of them.

Without pictures how do you expect an accurate estimate?

It is worth what a buyer will pay and the nicer it is the more it is worth so the more a buyer will pay.

what's the trade ? by what you've described id say he could be @ $17k-$22k depending on actual condition . if your trying to trade up to cash in down the road with an ebody vert you wont lose...

If it's an E rag top that is solid, it's worth more than any A in much better shape and pedigre. That's just the way it is...

Base model...no options other than power top.

Attachments

• 061.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 168
A '70 318 powered Barracuda with auto, needing nothing, recently sold on FEBO for about $28,000.

Addendum: (had to take a look and make sure)

There's been a couple of '70 and '71 E-body convertibles sold over on FEBO in the high $20's, low $30's, restored cars that needed nothing.

You have a very nice Duster.. I love Dusters but the Challenger will always be worth way more than the Duster.. IMO. Ultimately up to you but unless I had some special attachment to my Duster I know I would soon be cruising around in the vert..

Yeah, you have a nice Duster. I saw it when it was for sale on Moparts, But you need to hop on that deal!

A '70 318 powered Barracuda with auto, needing nothing, recently sold on FEBO for about $28,000.

Addendum: (had to take a look and make sure)

There's been a couple of '70 and '71 E-body convertibles sold over on FEBO in the high $20's, low $30's, restored cars that needed nothing.

That's the issue....compared to the cars that sold for upper 20's that "need nothing", this car "needs everything".

If you have to second guess,your hearts not in it.JMO E-bodies can fetch a good buck when done right.Only you can decide if this is what you want.Good luck.

You got skills bro, you can make the Chally as nice as your Duster. Just remember body parts are $2X for an E. E's are in another league when it comes to flippin.

That's the issue....compared to the cars that sold for upper 20's that "need nothing", this car "needs everything".

That's the reason I threw that out there.

E-bodies aren't fetching what they were. Yes, it'll be more valuable than your A-body now, or if the prices ever get back to where they were, but, really, in my opinion, if he's asking in the $20's for a car that needs everything, especially a 318 car, then he's out of line with today's market.

If you're looking for a car to build and enjoy, then it's a matter of placing the monetary value on what it means to you.

If you're looking for a car to build and flip then it's a matter of placing the monetary value on what it means to someone else. With the deals out there now, I can't see you getting even half your money back unless you play speculator and sit on it for a while to see where the market goes.

-
Back