70 dart 470 ci drag car build.

-
My last adoption was this cat. My son bought it home when a girl he liked could no longer care for. The cat was 15 years old. Poor eye sight. Barely could hear. And was unable to even jump up on a couch. And of course this now became my issue. Lol.

I remember saying. "She is half dead?" But I had to play some wingman for my son's likes of this girl. He never got the girl. But I got this cat. "Like it was hard seeing this coming?" And I'm a dog person.

What I didn't realize was that her sense of smell and resulting appetite were in mint condition. She would be right there when I brought home a dinner. And because she was missing half her teeth. I had to cut up little pieces of my supper so she can eat. And her mobility began to improve.

She passed away last year at the age of 22. Curled up on her blanket. And on her couch. Dying in her sleep.

View attachment 1716198839
Wow 22 years old, good job taking care of her.
Funny thing is I'm a cat person and now we have 3 dogs and 4 cats lol

IMG_20240128_154228411_HDR.jpg

Now I have heat in my garage. Last thing I need to do is make a run out outlets on there own breaker and I'll really have a okay set up.
The heater is a 5000-7500 watt and it worked fairly quickly. I've learned enough electrical stuff from being self taught and later helping a few electricians along the way.
@pittsburghracer our benchs are identical twins lol

View attachment 1716198914
Now I have heat in my garage. Last thing I need to do is make a run out outlets on there own breaker and I'll really have a okay set up.
The heater is a 5000-7500 watt and it worked fairly quickly. I've learned enough electrical stuff from being self taught and later helping a few electricians along the way.
In my experience If a bench doesn't look like that then the person isn't getting enough work done lol

View attachment 1716198914

Hey if it’s flat it’s a storage area. Lol

In my experience If a bench doesn't look like that then the person isn't getting enough work done lol
I'd love to agree, in my case I just haven't been able to get completely organized yet but I'm getting there. I think my car would get done sooner if I wasn't looking for stuff hours on end lol

I'd love to agree, in my case I just haven't been able to get completely organized yet but I'm getting there. I think my car would get done sooner if I wasn't looking for stuff hours on end lol
I purposely limited my garage to one small bench, about 40 x 24 inches and one miscellaneous parts shelf about the same size but 8 feet tall. Experience taught me that the fewer flat surfaces I have, the less junk I can accumulate.

I purposely limited my garage to one small bench, about 40 x 24 inches and one miscellaneous parts shelf about the same size but 8 feet tall. Experience taught me that the fewer flat surfaces I have, the less junk I can accumulate.
That's a pretty good idea.

I got a couple more parts delivered today.
Strange billet pinion yoke and hd caps.
Long transmission blanket from A&A
The guys at A&A are truly great people.

IMG_20240129_113526740_HDR.jpg

IMG_20240129_113858358_HDR.jpg

More surgical cutting.
Mini tubs don't leave much room for growth.
So this is the start of the back half with factory frame rails. I've measured out my center line and 2.75 inches each side up by where the factory rear shocks would go.

IMG_20240129_152155239_HDR.jpg

The goal is to cut 5.5 inches out of the center, then weld those 2 sides together.
I had a Lazer level around here but for some reason I can't locate it. I won't to this without it, I need it to be easy.

I found my Lazer level and this is the cutout.
I just need to go to the front hanger boxes and that's all.

IMG_20240129_163657519_HDR.jpg

Channeling complete.

IMG_20240129_171916609_HDR.jpg

Last edited:
All this and try to race @-Boosted- sometime this summer...I think june-ish at the Mopar races... & Congratulations to Bill also for building a 10 second hotrod in like 9 months and getting it out already making passes.

Also @Jeremiah (jd) thanks for letting me know this was doable as in confirming your charger also had it done too.

Last edited:
Oh by the way the new dog is not chipped, not clipped he is a Pyrenees and malamute mix according to the vet Dr.
He (Nanook) also had been taken there by a few people over the last week, they all just let him go.
He howls... and my cats have become indoor cats by choice.
He's a good dog.
Name changed to "popcorn"

Last edited:
I think the reason you are saying this is because there are so many 440-1 builds. My buddy runs 8.50’s with B1BS heads in his 69 charger. He finally bought a set of B1MC heads and our B1 guru and friend Tom Hemphill passed away.
Respectfully, I am saying that for a few reasons. Very few 800HP BS builds quite a few -1 builds. It takes a lot of hogging to match the MCS of a -1 as cast. Both heads need a valvejob as delivered. Also, the BS head gets REALLY thin when you try to raise the roof near the spring seat! The valve seats are too small to increase the intake valve size, the rocker anchor system on the Indy allows for bigger cams. There are no 900HP na BS engines let alone 1000HP BS engines.

Respectfully, I am saying that for a few reasons. Very few 800HP BS builds quite a few -1 builds. It takes a lot of hogging to match the MCS of a -1 as cast. Both heads need a valvejob as delivered. Also, the BS head gets REALLY thin when you try to raise the roof near the spring seat! The valve seats are too small to increase the intake valve size, the rocker anchor system on the Indy allows for bigger cams. There are no 900HP na BS engines let alone 1000HP BS engines.

We I told you my buddies ET’s and the wasn’t at an east coast super track. He bought them years ago so just kept running and working on them. The smart move for most is the B1 original heads like I have but like all heads suck out of the box. There’s more left in them but I quit at 420cfm. My buddy skipped right over that head and moved into the MC head which will probably go 450 plus cfm. I don’t think Tim ever got his BS heads in the 8.40’s but he’s close.

I made a little more progress today.
With my most impressive and well thought out modification yet (too myself)
I can fit 18 inches of tire in the back now.
Anyone asks what can fit with stock frame rails I'll give them a zinger lol.
I have a 2 by 4 - .125 wall rectangle tube I'm going to add in front of the spring boxes and square up the rear suspension also will add a dl safety loop to that.

IMG_20240203_183042353_HDR.jpg

IMG_20240203_183158439_HDR.jpg

IMG_20240203_200210998_HDR.jpg

IMG_20240203_200152218_HDR.jpg

That's it for today.

Nice! Keep plugging away, you'll get there. Make a new upper shock crossmember that'll hold a conventional coil-over in the future, you're tinning stuff back there anyway. This also reinforces the frame rails. If you think about how to do it, it'll make the new tin easier. You're laying a robust foundation for a race car or even a good street -strip car now. What was there stock, never had rapid acceleration in mind. Again it's good to see you drugging away at something for me seemed like a never ending build. What moved things along for me was to keep moving, some days are slow, some go well.

Nice! Keep plugging away, you'll get there. Make a new upper shock crossmember that'll hold a conventional coil-over in the future, you're tinning stuff back there anyway. This also reinforces the frame rails. If you think about how to do it, it'll make the new tin easier. You're laying a robust foundation for a race car or even a good street -strip car now. What was there stock, never had rapid acceleration in mind. Again it's good to see you drugging away at something for me seemed like a never ending build. What moved things along for me was to keep moving, some days are slow, some go well.
Thank Sean, Yeah the shock mount is in the plan. finally had a nice day yesterday, no rain and about 48 degrees so I was happy. Today I'll be back out there, hopefully get my rear cross member in after removal of all that heavy gauge stuff the factory used on the rocker panels.

-
Back