Votes: 79 50.0%
  • '76 Duster (Demon Clone)

Votes: 14 8.9%

• Total voters
-

orange68cuda

3 Barracuda Member
Reaction score
Plain and simple. Let me know what you think and why..
Looking at buying one of these cars in the next few weeks, love em all but can't make up my mind...

'69 Dodge Dart (GTS Clone)
'70 Dart Swinger 340 (Original)
'76 Dodge Duster ('71 Demon Clone)

I voted for the 69 Dart because the 68-69 Darts are my all time favorite Dart. They are the most muscular/aggressive looking of the darts, and I wish I owned one.

The 70 Dart would be my second choice, because I have a 70, and of course, they are the second best looking Dart. LOL

What do you want it for? Cruise? Drag? I assume there's some price differential?

The 70 Dart
3n43ka3pd5P35X05R6a9670f70de162e512fd.jpg

complete car, built 340, 904 trans, 3.23 gears, 8.75 rear.. just about all body work done already.. paint and go pretty much.. around 4k in price

The 69 Dart
dsc02720q.jpg

Despite its looks, the 69 is just about a complete car -engine/drivetrain, with all new interior.. asking 2500 for the car and all the new parts +choice of 383 or 360 engine (both need work still)

I think the 70 is a better deal but less of a build.. and i like the 70's a bit better than the 69's..

No pictures of the Duster.. :|

What do you want it for? Cruise? Drag? I assume there's some price differential?

pro-touring cruiser/driver. not building a drag car (yet) 69 is about 2500 the 70 is about 4000.. both great deals.. the 70 needs less work too (which is kind of a downside in my book) but there is well over 5500 into the 70 already which is less money i have to spend..

the duster/demon clone would definitely be quite the project + money.. but i love how rare they are...

have to add.. regardless of how done the 70 is, if I do buy it i'm tearing it back down and doing it how i want to! rotisserie nut and bolt ;) covering every detail i can...

if your planning on dismanteling the car and building it the way you want then y not save a couple grand and do everything the right way. I would go with the 69, especially because pro-touring builds can get pricey.

if your planning on dismanteling the car and building it the way you want then y not save a couple grand and do everything the right way. I would go with the 69, especially because pro-touring builds can get pricey.

Mostly because of all the engine/trans work he has done already.. If i go with the 69 its gonna be a lot of money into an engine/ trans/rear end etc.. Going to look at the 70 this weekend to get some more info

I gotta go along with varlo on this - not to mention I'm also partial to '69 Darts and am currently in 'build mode' myself on one.
If the price of building an engine is scaring you off of this you have two alternatives: (1) Sell off whatever engine you decide on with the car and put the money into an already built crate motor; or (2) Pay less for the Dart less engine and put the money into a crate motor.
The nice things about crate motors are: you can choose whatever power level you want, it's brand new so you know the history, and you can probably get a warranty with it.
That's what I'd do. But it's your money - your choice - your decision.

i voted for the 69 clone. i would rather drive a clone hard than an original car. probrably cheaper than the original car too.

I always liked the 67-69 Darts. Looking at your choices seems like the 70 is more complete. Depends on what u want.

I would not use an original 340 car for what you want to do. The 69 Dart or Demon would be the way I would go.

I prefer the looks of the '69...... but...... I'd love to pound the snot out of an original 340 car just to piss off the purists.

My '71 Demon is an original 340 car that was hacked and modified long before anyone cared about stuff like matching numbers. I don't play the numbers game either. :snakeman:

Wylde1.

I like them all of course, but I voted for the 69... I am kinda partial to those after all LOL

I'd take the 69, but GTS's are too fussy, I'd do a swinger, or something very low key looking. If the duster/demon clone were very cheap and rough , I'd do a 70's prostock style, something Landy would like to drive.:burnout:

-
Back