'70 Duster 440

-
First you should do that for a living
second it looks great
third,the car is very clear from the pics
forth,when that car is done,I think the car shows you attend will be over as soon as you drive in,just pic up your thophie and enjoy

mrmopartech

70Duster 440!! Agreat job on your site.
Your car is gooing to be a car I can not wait to see completed!!!
I will show it to my son,
So he can see how we will do my next projects.So we can do it write.
I see you are a great Dad too,A mopar man on his way.
Just like Mrmopartec said a trophy winner,and a money maker at the track.

I like that 70des looking yellow dodge truck I see in the back ground too.
Have fun and keep us posted

Wow, thanks guys for the feedback - it's encouraging. I'm actually headed out to the shop right now to spray some epoxy...

Thanks again for the comments. It helps make the work seem worthwhile and it's nice to start seeing the light at the end of the tunnel.

She sure looks good, give the boy a pat on his back. Keep us updated :thumbup:

I'm getting ready to mock the engine and trans into place so that I can set the pinion angle, measure for wheels/tires, and drive shaft. I fabbed up this dolly for the 'ol "install it all from the bottom trick".

Dolly01a.jpg

Dolly02.jpg

Dolly03.jpg

Your attention to detail is amazing. Your workmanship is fantastic.

I can't wait to see this car featured in Mopar Muscle :wav:

Is there anything that you are not good at??? Awesome job, great pics and site, they will help me a lot with my 70 Dart build as I still consider myself a NEWB, I am still in the process of taking everything to bare metal. Keep up the great work can't wait to see more, definately a show stopper!! :thumbup:

You guys are way, way too kind. I consider myself pretty average with average skills. I've had car projects before - but nothing ever this extensive. I enjoy just getting in there and trying new things. Some of the stuff on this project had to be done while other stuff was optional, of course. Others may need or want to do some of the same stuff so I hope the pictures and text are helpful on some level. Reading about and seeing others' work is how I get ideas. After seeing my stuff you may see how you don't want to do something or come up with a better way to do it - and that's a good thing.

For anyone interested, I've started Rocky Mountain dash mockup and grille restoration. (www.70duster440.com - Repairs and Mods page)

If anyone wants to see something in particular documented, let me know - maybe I can.

Preston

Is the Rocky Mountain dash set-up worth the money?
I was thinking about using it when i get my Scamp that far.

EvilScamp said:
Is the Rocky Mountain dash set-up worth the money?
I was thinking about using it when i get my Scamp that far.

I guess that's kind of a subjective question. It is by no means cheap. The work is very nice - looks like precision water jet cuts, heavy material, and the tubes are welded in place. You'll spend another $500-$1000 for aftermarket gauges. It not a simple bolt in affair either. Unless you go with the cluster-only insert there's trimming to do on the frame. And, of course, you have to finish it youself unless you have them powdercoat it. But, if you want something really different, then yeah, I'd say it's worth it.

Very impressive work. Can't wait to see it when finished. You've definitly raised the bar a couple of levels. Mike

-
Back