'70 Duster build-up...

-
Thanks for the kind words!

Spoiled working on those SB A-bodies, so much room! Good running sb though. I'm sure it'll be a nice upgrade from the old gal.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 574
Heck yes! Thanks for the pic post Andre! Today Andre fabbed up and welded in about an 8" section of pipe to connect my exhaust up to the new Doug's headers! Word of advice to those out there....if you switch from TTI to Doug's your exhaust will not bolt right back up without a little work!

But again, Andre did an awesome job...another obstacle that would have most likely had me driving to the muffler shop for the fix!

Couple new shots of the Doug's headers, Firm Feel UCA's and pwr to man coupler also from Firm Feel all installed!

Doug's are in and steering coupler installed..

Nice mini-starter clearance w/ the Doug's!

FF UCA's in...

It's ALIVE!

1st clip open headers after break in

[ame="http://s938.photobucket.com/user/kraegel/media/IMG_1501_zps6cc09af4.mp4.html"]IMG_1501_zps6cc09af4.mp4 Video by kraegel | Photobucket@@AMEPARAM@@http://i938.photobucket.com/albums/ad223/kraegel/bth_IMG_1501_zps6cc09af4.mp4@@AMEPARAM@@938.photobucket.com/albums/ad223/kraegel/bth_IMG_1501_zps6cc09af4.mp4[/ame]

2nd clip at idle through the exhaust

[ame="http://s938.photobucket.com/user/kraegel/media/IMG_1510_zps2fb95605.mp4.html"]IMG_1510_zps2fb95605.mp4 Video by kraegel | Photobucket@@AMEPARAM@@http://i938.photobucket.com/albums/ad223/kraegel/bth_IMG_1510_zps2fb95605.mp4@@AMEPARAM@@938.photobucket.com/albums/ad223/kraegel/bth_IMG_1510_zps2fb95605.mp4[/ame]

Sounds awesome!!! Which cam is that again?

I'm sure you already fixed it, but it looks like you've got a pretty big section of burnt up insulation on your starter cable...

Attachments

• Dougs1_zpsebb997ea.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 546
Thanks! It's the Hughes "Whiplash" cam (340/360 version)

Yes I do see that section! Thanks for pointing it out!

Attachments

• Front Suspension.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 528
Better clip of the Whiplash cam.

[ame="http://i938.photobucket.com/albums/ad223/kraegel/IMG_0548_zps78f3bdcb.mp4"]
th_IMG_0548_zps78f3bdcb.jpg
[/ame]

Pardon my ignorance but is that a Thermoquad on there? I see the phenolic bowl but it looks very different from what I've seen.

71 Scamper - No, it's a "Street Demon" newish carb. It's the 625cfm version that came out first. I'm about to replace it with the 750cfm version however. New built 360 wants more fuel forsure...

Six225 - Thanks!

After having idle cooling issues I finally got around to installing a new clutch fan set-up. Got the fan and clutch from the parts stores for a total of $50. Works like a champ and is WAY more stable at idle and stop/go traffic. Also stays right at 180 cruising.

Yes, a shroud is still in the works to really further help at idle but it is working great as is!

Attachments

• 2705 Clutch fan.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 524
New 750 DP and MP covers going on. Classic HEI ignition on deck...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 438
How was the wrench clearance when putting on the header stud nuts and/or bolts?

That's always been a pain point with SBM headers.

BTW- that looks G R E A T.

YY1 - Sorry for the late reply haven't checked in on this thread in awhile! I just use a regular box end wrench to tighten up header bolts. They are a little bit of a pain but easier to get at than TTI's in my opinion! You can also take a belt grinder to and old one and grind it down thinner so it's not as "fat". There's less meat of course and could snap/break easier but I had to do it with a set of old Hooker Comp headers and it worked like a charm!

Currently in wiring hell...but as I started to wire in the HEI it got worse and worse as I peeled off tape. Spliced and diced up mess! So new engine harness and bulkhead connector from Bill Evans was on order ASAP. Old cobbled harness on bottom, new one on top. Now I can cleanly wire in the HEI and all the engine wiring will be nice, clean and new!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 307
Old harness coming out! Forward light and tranny/NSS/wiper harness's were in pretty good shape... Ok not sure why my pics are sideways when loaded directly from IPhone???

Attachments

• image.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 310
Scored a couple nice parts at the Red Barns show! A nice lift off 6-Pack hood and factory 22" shroud! Laid it on top of the stocker for the pic, paints close but not exact. May repaint black or have it color matched. Undecided, either way I'm psyched. It's a US Body Source hood. Real nice construction with braces etc and no cracks even though it's from 1991! Was on a show car that went back to stock steel hood.

Time for my stock hood to go, it'll be up for sale soon.

Attachments

• hood 1.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 261
  • shroud 1.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 277
your duster is awesome. thanks for sharing

Thx, it'll be more awesome(r) when it's on the road soon again finally! Hope to enjoy the month of August with it and get to the track once or twice too

Love the Demon by the way! Bucket list car for me...

Draglites on with (temp) old school L60 rear "Super Stock" bias plys!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 446
-
Back