'70 Duster build-up...

-
Draglites on with (temp) old school L60 rear "Super Stock" bias plys!
attachment.php

One of my fav restos threads on here....love the look of your Duster!
:thumbup:

Cant wait till I get mine even 1/2 way to the condition you got your to!

Hey Todlich thanks, it's nothing to crazy just trying to make a quick car that's reliable, use as many parts & services offered by FABO members as possible and fairly good looking with little to no money and time...lol

It was a success tonight it ran after getting the new bulkhead connector in and engine harness, but unfortunately my oil filter was not on flush and as soon as it built oil pressure it puked and sprayed oil all over the place. SO good news, bad news such is life with old cars! Oil slick in the driveway pic! My yuppy neighbors love me! :)

Tomorrow new filter and a qt of oil and fire it up again!

Thanks to Ron (416stroker) for all the help tonight! This car wouldn't even be close to where it is without help from some guys on FABO! I owe a couple of you steak dinner!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 275
Been awhile since I updated some stuff, so figured I'd post this recent update. Finally ditched the old crush bent dual junk system and Flowmasters for a nice mandrel bent X-pipe system and stainless Magnaflows. All 2.5" and dumped before the axle due to having the springs moved in. Credit to Andre (Ironside here on FABO) for fab'ing it all up, he did a killer job! Sound clip to come. Should mellow it out some, be a tad quieter and smoother and pickup a little power I hope too!

This was done with a Summit universal x-pipe kit, some 45 degree bends and some straight pipe and some 18" case stainless Magnaflows center in/ offset out. Andre nailed it just how I envisioned it. It's mocked up in the pic, but he's gonna weld it all up so no clamps etc for a nice clean look.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 200
Another pic, tough to get an x-pipe tucked up and not hanging too low sometimes but I think it turned out nice!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 164
So quick update, the old LA 360 decided it was done in August, so picked up a nice 5.9 Magnum and decided to go that route! Block and crank just back from hot tank and polish respectively. Bottom end going back together now! This Magnum will be std bore, stock rotating assembly since everything was in good shape upon teardown. Got Hughes Iron Ram heads with LA intake pattern to re-use my Eddy Air-Gap and Holly 750dp. Hughes roller cam SER 2226 grind on a 110 lobe sep. should rock pretty good. Ordered up a bunch of Mag swap stuff from Scram Speed and re-using a lot from the old motor, timing tensioner, cover and accessories etc.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 100
Here's a pic of the cam card, also bumping comp up to ~9.5:1 range but still pump gas compatible!

Hope to get this thing in the 400hp range with comparable torque and solid in the 12's and still a reliable street car.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 116
-
Back