70 Swinger with console

-
All of the brochures that I've seen don't list or show a console option for '70 and later A body 4 speeds.

I installed an E body Pistol Grip Handle in my bench seat 70 Swinger it works but you are limited in how far forward you can slide the seat...yes I've never seen a console in a 70 Swinger either...

No 4 speed console and no A Body came with the pistol grip it was owner added at some point.

The console shows up in the 1970 parts manual for an A-Body but was never offered, and no pistol grip shifter was ever installed in an A-body from the factory...

1690386890607.png

Console was available in 1970 and 71 Dart GT IIRC.

70 Dart ordering information. Console was available with the floor shift automatic only.

1690391214645.png

Yeah I have an E body pistol, my original shfter and a shorter bench seat shifter if I get tired of any of em I just swap em out. I'm liking the pistol grip though but it fits me I suppose a taller or shorter fella or gal may not like it in a bench seat dart. The car looks good with te pistol grip in it it isnt like it doesnt look like it belongs anyone who doesnt know would e drooling over it "..is that a Hurst Pistol grip in your Mopar...?" uh yeah...:)

-
Back