71 360 Demon New Personal Best

-
As I was coasting back to the pits last weekend after losing in the 3rd round..I hear a clunk..clunk...finally got car off trailer yesterday....turning tires my hand there is a spot where It stops and I have to give it a big yank...probably the good old ring gear eating teeth..

Could not last one more month until I swap out for Strange Dana 60.....

Got a 4.30 gear with spool to use for the next 3 or 4 weekend in a roll....

ordered new ladder bar brackets and lower shock mounts for dana yesterday....

I think all the teeth are there....just not where they are suppose to be..

rearend.jpg

third round blues strike again....every race this year i have gotten to the 3rd round and redlighted....

Last night.... go -001 red....this afternoon... .010 red......I left 1st...and he had a .-044 light....

Working on the adjustments on that transbrake button...getting better...

Dana 60 is going in this week....new brackets in the mail...

8 3/4 on the ground...UPS is bring new ladder bar brackets and lower shock mounts today ...sometime today..

No...the Duster still has one...it has a Moser Fab 875.....it twisted the housing couple of years ago...and easier and cheaper to buy that then to find an A body 8 3/4 housing since the housing in the car was narrowed....dam hoarders want an arm and leg for them.....Probably swap that one out next year...

Getting the Dana squared to the frame rails.....that rubber mallet does nothing to move that dana a hair left or right...LOL...

Everything is going good....just need to make sure ladder bars are parallel to each other and the frame rail....then it is burn time...got to get new driveshaft and lower shock mounts need to be welded on to axle tubes..

20170504_161531_resized.jpg

Sorry, did you say the Moser had its axle housing twisted?

Dana 60........with new driveshaft and all....have to bleed brake in morning...and tires go back on ...then it is on the ground....fire up and spin the tires..

dana60.jpg

Do you happen to have pictures of the front ladder bar crossmember? I'm in the process of installing L/Bs in my 66 Dart. What length L/B's do you run?

I can take a picture tomorrow as it is still up in the air....they are Competiton Engineering double adjustable...Apparently they are 33 1/2 inches long...they dont sell the set i have anymore...there is an updated one CE 2005

Getting the Dana squared to the frame rails.....that rubber mallet does nothing to move that dana a hair left or right...LOL...

Everything is going good....just need to make sure ladder bars are parallel to each other and the frame rail....then it is burn time...got to get new driveshaft and lower shock mounts need to be welded on to axle tubes..

View attachment 1715044517

Hey that's a little to much pinion angle.

I can take a picture tomorrow as it is still up in the air....they are Competiton Engineering double adjustable...Apparently they are 33 1/2 inches long...they dont sell the set i have anymore...there is an updated one CE 2005

Thanks! I'm curious where on the frame rails the crossmember lands.

I welded an addition plate on to the frame rail where the front crossmember is located. Had to do it on all 3 cars to get the ladder bars level...my frame rails are 2 x 3 square tubing with the 2 inch being vertical...

Broke my 3rd jinx....broke out by .002 in the second round...rubbed the brakes going thru the lights...but went you know you got there 1st and your light does not come on...

Dam...this new driveshaft weights a ton....i gotta adjust the rear shock height this week...and weight this driveshaft....

Well that new driveshaft....cost me .15 of a second.....some how I said 3.5 inch diameter instead of 3 inch.....going to run it for a while then order a new one...found out a friend works there and can get me a better price on it....Might even look at the cost of an aluminum shaft...

Loaded and heading out to the track this morning...suppose to hit 100 degrees today...and races start at noon....oh joy...Usually by now I have quit for the year and just let the kids race but they have not raced much this year...and I am doing pretty good in the points...the girl the keep the points needs to correct the list as she gave my points from last saturday to Tonya ...instead of Tony...I have already missed the two races that are allowed and everyone in front of me have not....so figuring that in I am sitting around 8th place would like to get into the top 5...

I doubt the driveshaft slowed you that much... that said, I'm ordering a 3.5" aluminum shaft tomorrow for $600 and some change. Every part/change I've done to the car since I've had it has leaned toward the lighter of whatever part I'm buying. "IF" you still ran 7290 joints I'd have just the chrome molly 3" shaft for you :)

going to run what i got for rest of year...then probably go aluminum ....like I said..I intended to buy a 3 inch shaft but....got a brain fart..

Inland said 3.5 would work for me. i'll probably have to modify my driveshaft hoop though.

Painted the gray fiberglass hood that I have been looking at now for years....2 cans of Rustoleum....and paint the rear deck lid 2 cans of Restoleum Hi Performance Red...matched up great....20 bucks ...

20170601_170219_resized_1.jpg

20170601_170206_resized_1.jpg

-
Back