71 demon

-

oem6pak

pure stock forever
Reaction score
ive got a 71 demon 340,i want to build it as a stripper,question is could this car have been ordered new with rubber mat floor instead of carpet,and could it have been ordered with no radio [delete plate] and will a b body delete plate fit? and if it had no radio would there have been a cap in the fender where the antenna goes or would it be undrilled no hole.im gonna run steel rims with poverty caps,should the rims be 14x5.5?

I think all of those could have posible. The antenna hole would be there with a plastic decoritive plug, I sold a plug I had a few years ago.

There were Dusters ordered as mail delivery vehicles that had vinyl floor covering I believe. Don't think the Demon was sold as such but maybe it was an option..

The antenna hole's plastic plug I believe is available from Year One.
Install your own final/rubber floor mat. I just don't know where to get one.

I had a 69 swinger that was a rubber mat car,year one sells it for 4 door cars,and it works fine for 2 door cars,what about the rims is 14x 5.5 right? will the b body delete plate work?

Carpet cost extra if you wanted it. Rubber mat was std.

My 1971 Duster 340 was ordered that way. It has rubber floor, but the A88 deluxe interior, go figure lol . It was not ordered with a radio and has the block off plate, which for a rallye dash is different than the standard dash. It also had no speaker in the dashboard, just blank space, it didn't have the clips that would have held a speaker either. The fender would have no hole. They do make plugs for the fender but I believe they were dealer installed. I have no evidence but I believe by 1973 it was easier just to make the fenders with the antenna hole and that is about the time a plug would have been used if no radio was ordered. My car also has the dog dishes with black painted steel wheels (July 9th build date) Whomever ordered I think was ordering it to save weight, maybe they didn't order the rallye wheels because they were going to put mag wheels and big tires on right away. They did put out money for the looks with the high impact paint, V24 hood and go wing. Good luck with your project!

Attachments

• 238.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 356
My 1970 Duster 340 had the rubber mat when I bought it new.

My old '71 Demon came with a rubber floor mat instead of carpet from the factory. The rubber floor mat was standard on the Demon. Carpet was an option.

The radio delete option would have still had the fender antenna hole. It's stamped into the fender and not drilled, so every car got one. The radio delete cars got a blanking plug to fill it. The dash blanking plate for the radio delete is specific to the A-body.

The base wheels on the Demon would have been the steel 14" x 5.5".

Delete plates as requested. My plate on a repro dash, and one on a Demon from my files.

Attachments

• 20150102_000011_resized.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 263
  • IMG_1607_2.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 295
love it,thats probably gonna be a hard piece to find,im probably gonna use a b-body delete plate

Wrong year but My 66 Dart radio delete no hole in fender. Mopar did do this.

I had a friend that had a 1970 340 Duster his Mother bought it new , F8 green rubber floor mat Bench with column auto ..

My 340 Demon came new with a rubber floor and hardboard type material for a headliner.

-
Back