-
Status
Not open for further replies.

1971340duster

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
I'm feeling out buyers and might be ready to sale. I won't ebay or start an auctioning war.

1971 Duster 340, numbers matching drivetrain.runs fine.13.98@101mph.
4-speed, V24 hood callout, black interior, 84K miles (I think). Purchased in 7/1998.
340 top/bottom has been thru once, not by me, some blueprinting (if you believe the notes) by previous owners. still .404 bore and some cam.
I have many extra parts for restoration, but one expert has tried to convinced me to leave it as a survivor. Most parts have been powder coated.
The body/paint needs attention mainly because of the Tx sun. Paint is peeling, so next will come the rust and there is some, but one stripper has said the body could be dipped with no issues.

http://www.megahosted.com/gallery/n5lfh

will tell a better story. It is located in NE Tx.

Thanks
Greg

I'm feeling out buyers and might be ready to sale.
Sounds nutty, to me, I mean, "Hey, lookie at what I got and then....na, I aint sellin."

Talk about a dream cruser, YIKES! I know your just wondering, but man, someones a gonna be cryin in there milk later, I just know it. LOL

I've already cried in my milk. I bought this for my son to drive and me to work on. He drove it to high school his Jr. year. I ordered a '71 340 when I was a Sr. in HS. It has his finger prints all over it, but he's gone due an auto accident (in another car) in 2000. So, I might renege, but I've kept it for the hobby and for someone that appreciates it.
It's not about the money...it's all about the enthusiast, but now it needs attention I can't give.

Maybe I should have ask rumblefish360...if you had the car I described, what would be your method be to offer it to the public?

Figure out if you really want to sell it, put a price and info in the cars for sale section.

That's the best way to go.

Neat car, odd color that I really like. Looks like some stuff has been added/removed according to the tag. Or the tag has an error on it, which isn't all that rare.

I understand you gauging intrest, I'm just poking ya, that's all.

What would you think it to sell for?

I will give you a ballpark... I paid $4000 (on Ebay) for a similar optioned 71 340 Winch Gray V24 Automatic car that needed a complete restoration two years ago. I was quoted around $30 K for the restoration... But that was prior to the crunch.

Needless to say... Love the car

:cheers:

I've already cried in my milk. I bought this for my son to drive and me to work on. He drove it to high school his Jr. year. I ordered a '71 340 when I was a Sr. in HS. It has his finger prints all over it, but he's gone due an auto accident (in another car) in 2000. So, I might renege, but I've kept it for the hobby and for someone that appreciates it.
It's not about the money...it's all about the enthusiast, but now it needs attention I can't give.

Sorry to hear of your terrible loss of your son.....

There is truly a great group of members here to help if you feel the need.

Pull up a chair and read a bit.

I was quoted around $30 K for the restoration...
:cheers:

Yep...that's the tug. There's the satisfaction of recreating new, right off the ***'y line vs. the value of “as is” originality. Anyone got a formula for that? But my biggest value is on a kids face in the back seat when you tell him you can have the $20 on the dash if he can grab it before I grab 3rd gear or “do you want to drive it?...can you drive a manual?” That is what I’ve used the car for.

Some previous yahoo decided the hood should be gloss black??? (probably couldn't get the decal to stick either), traded the disc for drums and the side molding should be gone...other than that, it's about as it was built.

great car GA4 looks great exspecially on the V24 option duster wish i had the cash for another duster that would be it

After all the years of wanting this car and calling and emailing the owner to try to get him to sell it to me I just relized that it's probably not a real v24 car after looking the pics over closely. There are many little things that make me think this. The black out that fades into the engine bay is to clean, no trim on front window pillers, the upper door frame paint is gloss, 90% of the v24 cars came with satin finish. I know a few did come with gloss. This car always bugged me because I knew he was thinking about selling it and but I never get him give me a set price.

After all the years of wanting this car and calling and emailing the owner to try to get him to sell it to me I just relized that it's probably not a real v24 car after looking the pics over closely. There are many little things that make me think this. The black out that fades into the engine bay is to clean, no trim on front window pillers, the upper door frame paint is gloss, 90% of the v24 cars came with satin finish. I know a few did come with gloss. This car always bugged me because I knew he was thinking about selling it and but I never get him give me a set price.

I remember this owner and his car, from back in that time period. I agreethat this is likely NOT a v24 car; But having said that - the Winchester Gray could make a cool '71 340 Duster and rare color at that!

Somehow I vaguely recall that the owner finally encountered a health issue and he may now be deceased, but it's speculation. I thought that this car was either sold on Moparts or was talked about there, and perhaps the car was sold-even on Ebay.

The spoiler is wrong but I'd like to see the fender tag.

Even still- a 1971 Duster 340 4 speed with chrome sport mirrors in Winchester Gray is a cool car!

Actually the spoiler might be correct, alot of early 71 duster came through with the 70 style spoiler.

I would love to see the fender tag........If that is a real V-24 car, then it would be the first one I'v ever seen with chrome mirrors. I'm not saying it's not correct, but I'v never seen that before.

I'd love too see the fender tag. The gloss doors and lack of A pillar trim lead me to believe it's not a V24 car also. The rear tail panel decal is for a 1970 Duster 340 and the wing as well. The hood pin cables are also too long. I suppose if it is a truly early build car then it's possible to have these things, but unlikely.

I've seen actually quite of few 71 v24 cars with that decal on the tail panel and a few with the 70 style spoiler. Mines all original and it has it and I've got a few other suvivor pics with it. I'm wondering when they switched over to just the duster with the cloud, I need to start collecting data on the cars I save pics of.

Attachments

• duster 029.jpg
    122.5 KB · Views: 1,959
  • HPIM0380.JPG
    121.3 KB · Views: 1,951
So what really happened to the car?
This thread was started over 3 years ago......

I'm not sure but I'd like to know, I always wanted this car. It's still a cool car but I doubt it originaly being a v24 car. I would love to see the fender tag to it. Either way it's still rare being gun metal grey and a 71 duster 340 4 speed. He probably did what I'm doing to my new 71 duster 340 and just added the v24 paint treatment and side stripe over the original paint. Here's a pic of what my car looks like and then what it will soon look like. I cant blame him if he did change it, makes it look much better imo.

Attachments

• $T2eC16ZHJIQE9qUHuEZ+BQoF(Hb7Ow~~60_3.jpg
    159.5 KB · Views: 1,904
  • IMAG1254.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 1,909
I'd love too see the fender tag. The gloss doors and lack of A pillar trim lead me to believe it's not a V24 car also. The rear tail panel decal is for a 1970 Duster 340 and the wing as well. The hood pin cables are also too long. I suppose if it is a truly early build car then it's possible to have these things, but unlikely.
I'm not sure what your looking at on the tail panel, that you belive is not correct.....but that is how all 71 340 dusters that have the tail stripe, should look and is 100% correct, along with the " duster 340" lettering. Some cars like the orange one above, that did not have the tail stripe option, just have the" duster 340" lettering.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back