71 Duster 360 (new project)

-
That's why I grabbed one of my old truck pans.... I've dropped the one on my truck and old race car several times.... put it back up, torque to 125" lb...never leak!

Well..picked up the rotating assembly...now internally balanced....4 slugs of mallory metal...

Wow...that is expensive ****....rings are cut...crank is torqued down...4 of rods on pistons with spiro locks...4 more to do tomorrow....

dam spiro locks....1st one took awhile...then bingo...in the groove...

Dang my Scat Forged crank took 2 & yes it is expensive . What is the Bob weight on this one?

I through the receipt and balance sheet in the desk....have to dig it out again...somewhere around 1850 if i remember...

Got the camshaft degreed in this morning..hit it on the 1st try...trying to find my moly coated fuel pump eccentric that i have somewhere.....dug out the milodon oil pan and pick up/ oil pump ....

the old hughes/engle cam ...advertised 230...degree wheel shows 230...LSA 110...C/L in at 106.

Attachments

• IMG_1439.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 300
  • IMG_1440.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 296
  • IMG_1441.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 302
  • IMG_1442.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 301
Did some more work this morning....got the oil pump and oil pan on....and the fuel pump eccentric and timing chain cover on...and threw some paint on everything....got some over spray to clean up ....

Heads goes on tomorrow...and hopefully figure out what rockers I am going to use.

Attachments

• IMG_1444.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 286
  • IMG_1445.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 298
Well..heads on....Oriental rockers....uses stock pushrods...wont go into 73 Duster until end of month..was going use a old set of crane ductile rockers...and probably will...but these been in the box on the shelf for several years...

need to clean up the eddy air gap intake...

Attachments

• IMG_1447.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 261
  • IMG_1446.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 266
And now back to our regularly scheduled program.....

Got to start get the 3 race cars ready for Feb 14 TNT and Feb 15 race, Got to get oil changed...rockers reset...carbs need to be rejetted....trailers ...old motorhome running again...

Just missed a nice motorhome early this week.....seems like I am a day late...

PRW Rockers? I have a set of them on the scamp now and they seem to work very well. Good sweep on the valve and they hold the adjustments great.

wish I could join the motorhome ranks..... but my drive compared to yours.... I'll pass for now :)

wish I could join the motorhome ranks..... but my drive compared to yours.... I'll pass for now :)

yeah....getting old...need some creature comforts at the track.....will keep looking...

wrapping out some pre season maitenance on cars...

Dart...oil changed...rocker shafts tighten and valve adjusted carb get dropped two numbers for Vegas air......needs a new distributor cap...rotor looks good....those old MP race electronic distributor caps are getting harder to find....accell make the only brass cap one...can get oem cap from autozone...just need to tell them it is for a 440 6 pac...lol

71 Duster...oil change...and rocker shafts and valves adjusted....everything else looks good...and carb get dropped two numbers for Vegas air.....rear bowl had a little jelly crap...probably from e85 sitting all winter...clean out easy..

Demon...oil change..rocker and valves done....did not need to change jets...so i was not going to touch carb...but after see jello...i did to remove bowl and clean them out...front was looking good...now the rear bowl...I found that one of the jets was lying on the bottom of the bowl...dam...must have been running pretty rich...they say this E85 is pretty forgiving running rich....LOL

A lot of guys at the track I went to in SoDak would pull an old camper down in the spring and leave them there for the season. How nice would that be!

Made the trip down to the gas station.....

100 octane racing gas....7.999 a gallon

105 octane E85 2.35 a gallon......

bought a 22 gallons.....of corn syrup

Where do you get your fuel pressure reading with the way you have the regulator setup to the carb?

fuel pressure gauge is after the regulator on the #6 line going to the rear bowl

-
Back