71 Duster 360 (new project)

-
fuel pressure gauge is after the regulator on the #6 line going to the rear bowl

Thanks, Mine is similar, but is mounted between the line and the rear bowl. Wanted to see if that would give me a weird reading. Needle bounces like crazy. I am changing the setup now anyways with new pump and return line. So hopefully, I fix some of these basic issues.

are you using a electric fuel pump or mechanical fuel pump...

with mechanical the gauge will show pulses from the pump...

:sign3:
are you using a electric fuel pump or mechanical fuel pump...

with mechanical the gauge will show pulses from the pump...

Mechanical. Starts off 7 cold and then will begin to pulsate and sometimes drop to 3-5

Got Dart fired up and loaded last night...heading over to garage to get Duster on trailer...two cars going to TNT today...Demon will go out tomorrow for morning TNT and Race also..

Beautiful day in Vegas...mid 70s...light breeze.....

Dart. 10.55. 10.54. 10.56

Duster. 10.83. 10.82 10.85

Couple more Passes left

Jr dragster on track

yes...had a valve cover start leaking on Dart....so one more pass 10.540 ...124.80

So the Dart ran it best times in Vegas....the air was around 3700...

gasket fixed...i pitched it putting.. it back together the other day;

Duster made one more pass....10.84 121+

Taking Demon out in morning...need to pick up the pace....both cars now out run me...LOL

Had a large turnout so they extended the TNT another hour to 7 pm...we left around 4 pm......

TNT in morning...bracket race in afternoon on Sunday

yes...had a valve cover start leaking on Dart....so one more pass 10.540 ...124.80

So the Dart ran it best times in Vegas....the air was around 3200 to 3300 ....

gasket fixed...i pitched it putting.. it back together the other day;

Duster made one more pass....10.84 121+

Taking Demon out in morning...need to pick up the pace....both cars now out run me...LOL

Had a large turnout so they extended the TNT another hour to 7 pm...we left around 4 pm......

TNT in morning...bracket race in afternoon on Sunday

Good consistent runs as usual! Them 360's will drag their ***! haaaaa

The Dart launching straight and true now I take it? Good luck today. The girls get on the tree they're going to have some fun going rounds!

I watched Kristen (spelling? :)) and Tonya today on UStream. Both cars looked good! Was really hoping the Duster had a few more rounds in it, but both girls made a good showing in my opinion :thumbrig:. I can see some consistency in the cars.....nice job over the winter Tony! A few more rounds under their belts this spring & I can see both going deep in the local program this year.

I hope you all had fun.....I sure enjoyed watching. :thumbrig:

1st round christin .010 on the tree with a 10.857 on a 10.85....

second round she was a day and half late....

Tonya caught a -.006 red light....10.54 on a 10.59 dial....LOL...

dam afternoon head wind was causing alot dial in problems for everyone..

My demon never made it out ....was washing engine compartment...water got into carb...i did not know......took me a while to figure out why it would not fire....once the msd knocked me on my ***...we shot some brake cleaner into carb....it tried to start....that was the clue....pulled all the plugs oout...spun motor over to clean it out...plugs back in....another shot of brake clean engines...fires and dies...at that point...no one had turned the fuel pump back on...LOL....(fire drill)

so....i go to load car on trailer...i had never used this trailer as it bought last fall...friend of friend needed cash...and got a good deal on it...well...up the ramps i go...and had to back down to align ramps better..and front valance caught the ramp.....and now I need a new valance...pictures tomorrow....got another valance that was on Tonya Dart....so no biggie...

we had fun...and the cars drove up on the trailers...nothing broke...that made it to the track...LOL98.0-

Duster best pass of weekend

60 1.471
330 4.349
660 6.810
mph 98.90
1000 8.970

1/4 10.820 @ 121.27

the old air was at 3800 most of the day

I kept waiting to see the Demon and figured you just decided keep it home today :). I had no idea their were issues.....that sucks :banghead:.

I knew Christen was late in the 2nd round.....being the dial-ins were so close, it was obvious at the hit she was late as I saw he left a hair before her. I was still hoping all the way down the track that he wasn't on his game :). Oh well.....regardless, your girls can drive:thumblef:.

Soon as I hit the lottery, I'm on a plane to Vegas to watch & route you guys on!!!

I was out there...... but only long enough to step inside the gate to purchase a few cans of fuel. What beautiful weather!! Wish we didn't have to play tour guide this weekend. Oh well! Good first outing Tony. Thanks for the update.

Yeah..she was dial 10.85 and the other guy was dialed 10.74 and he left before here...back in the pits I asked her if her reaction time started with a 2 or 3...LOL

She said she hates that right lane...lost the coin toss...better figure out something cause you are not going to get lane choice all the time.....

they ladder up the cars after the 1st round...

well...got the new 8 gallon fuel cell and new pump installed on that 71 Dart...just need a couple of new AN fitting...as the vent is a AN 8 instead of an 6 and the need a cap to plug the other vent....

keep the old pump for a spare....

Been a busy 2 weeks......thrashing to get new 360 engine into my 73 Duster....went to use a TA 10 inch converter but something is broke inside it...going to plan B....which is Buy a new converter....

Fed Ex two day shipping is amazing....order converter on Wednesday evening...tracking number shows it getting here on Monday.....Two days...LOL..

same as the broken one..TA 10 inch 17805S....

going to ship the broken one out in a few weeks to get it fixed.....

Ted is scheduled to drive this thing at MATS......hopefully I can run it next weekend at a TNT to shake the bugs out of it.......

Tiring of the current "Casa de Santos"??? :)

Finally found one that I like...and like the price too...going to get it in morning.....I wanted to give the guy a cashier check...he wanted cash...never cashed a personal check at the bank for that much cash.....was looking around the back to see if any crooks were watching....

Tonya is going with me in the morning...she got her CCW and 9 mm pistol...lol

So the fruits of dragging my *** out of bed at 5 am to go to work pays off.......

-
Back