71 Duster 360 (new project)

-
Tony, I will go long periods of time without reading your thread and then I will go back through and get caught up.

I have to say that I admire you quite a bit for the work ethic that you put into keeping the cars running for your girls and yourself. You all have very solid and nice race cars, and there is a ton of work that has been done by yourself to get them there.

We all know that working on race cars is not always fun. You do your fair share and then some.

My hats off.

Tony, I will go long periods of time without reading your thread and then I will go back through and get caught up.

I have to say that I admire you quite a bit for the work ethic that you put into keeping the cars running for your girls and yourself. You all have very solid and nice race cars, and there is a ton of work that has been done by yourself to get them there.

We all know that working on race cars is not always fun. You do your fair share and then some.

My hats off.

Well...Thank you very much......hate to say...but since I have gone back to work....it is really getting hard to get things done....and I got the easiest job in the world....I got a back log of things that need done....

One of those WTF ....

ordered new converter from Jegs...as summit does not have it in stock...paid for 2 day delivery...1st...it does not leave jegs until the next evening...then it moves from Columbus to Memphis...on Thursday....and sit in Memphis until noon today.....had a 8 pm delivery for tonight...and then that changed to N/A......jegs...we be happy to refund your 31 dollars for the shipping....**** I need the converter....oh....it will be delivered on Tuesday....

then i went on a Rant....LOL

Saturday morning....tnt followed by bracket race that afternoon...and then the same thing again on sunday morning...

I work Saturday.... but maybe I'll come up and watch sunday. I'll race vicariously through your tribe! :) Good luck and looking forward to some results.

I am working only a mile from the fed ex terminal, 9 am showed the converter without a delivery day or time...drove over to the terminal with tracking number the lady said it was there...she said she could pull it off the truck as it had not left.....she called me one hour later and i went and picked it up...

converter fell in place...engine fell in place...just bolting stuff on ........hope to have it running tomorrow ...

Come on over.....we are pretty easy to find in pits....LOL

73 Duster is staying home this weekend as time constraints killed me...like having a job...and the dam converter showing up late....told Ted today...it will be ready for MATS.....the small stuff just added up...

any way ...got a repainted valance on my demon now...and got it on trailer ....3 cars loaded tonight to go racing in morning or sometime tomorrow....and sunday....LOL

plus I added those beautiful light weight bumper brackets....another 5 lbs off front end....and got brackets for the rear end of the Demon and Duster.......time ...time...time...

Well???? you had two days of racing.... SOMETHING had to happen!

plus I added those beautiful light weight bumper brackets....another 5 lbs off front end....and got brackets for the rear end of the Demon and Duster.......time ...time...time...

Does that mean you can put on 5 more lbs, since that weight is further back. :)

Hope everything went well.

oh yeah....

C710D1AA-76C1-4678-9D07-2DB53CC1657D_zpss8cvdjjd.png

Does that mean you can put on 5 more lbs, since that weight is further back. :)

Hope everything went well.

Be nice....LOL

Well..been thrashing on the 73 Duster...for Teddy Bear Ted to drive at MATS....was trying to make another TNT today at the PSCA race....friday tnt 3 pm to 7 pm.....must not have wanted to pay for the lights...I dont get off work until 2 30 pm.....so i was home at 1 30.....

Anyway car was finally started yesterday after a few minor issues....thermostat leaking...and trans pan drips....all easily fixed...lol...but...but....the one thing I kept telling myself to do...i did not do.....dam shifter cable moved on to the header tube...and i could smell something burning....and then i went to shift the trans thru the gears...and nope...headers are hot even went the car is up on the lift...so i went home...

So i replaced the cable this afternoon......gotta keep a spare of everything these days......gotta get the hood back on it before some one in the hood steals it...LOL

Was I suppose to take out the inner springs?...oh there only single springs...dam.....What oil and filter was i suppose to not use...forgot...as it did not come up this week on the board...

Well???? you had two days of racing.... SOMETHING had to happen!

well..my car ran its best in vegas...rans some 10.89s ...dialed 10.88...car ran 10.94....that was saturday...

sunday...car ran a 10.90 and 10.89....dial...10.88...car ran a 10.94....even with a .005 light i could not catch the guy...lol

Tonya went 3 rounds on Saturday.....2 rounds on sunday....

Christin went 2 rounds on Saturday...One and done on Sunday....she was 10.80s....

best of all....only excitement...header bolt loose on Dart...

Now run new plugs!!! lol Will you be going to night drags in bakersfield in Aug?

august in Bakersfield...no way...lol

they moved the Mega Mopar race to last weekend of June...ain’t going to make that now either..

Took the day off yesterday.....couch potato....

Sunday....had to change carb on that 73 duster...the Holley 950 was killing me in the garage....took it off and put a 750 with billet metering blocks and proform main body...purring like a kitten now...

and the line lock works...shift light works...I think i got everything covered...did not want to take a new combo to mats but it looks like it going that way....

now i got to find that box of breather caps i got somewhere...missing one...

-
Back