71 Duster 360 (new project)

-
Call Silver State Industries and left message...then emailed this weekend about getting cars painted...got a 73 yellow duster and a 71 greenish/blue Duster that needs paint.

that is the place that paint tonya's 71 Dart....

Indian Springs Prison...

Might as well get them done while i am working and the cash flow is good.

Dam prison never called or answer email....maybe I need to go rob a bank...

Will start load cars tomorrow evening......Yellow Duster and 71 Dart...

Get motorhome loaded with gas...propane...water.....

Getting a load of parts to sell at Swap Meet...friend has a spot....got a couple of intakes..cams...heads...and KH brake setup.....

1st round of Super Pro I got a Chevy Top Sportsman car..that was dial 7.56. I had a .013 light and dialed a 10.92..and ran a 10.920...He bought back in...and I ran him again in 2nd round. My .032 light to his .076 light...but my support brace for the back of the seat broke on the launch causing me to lift my foot off the gas for a split second...ran a 11.15 on a 10.94 dial...which was plenty for him to drive by me...

Tonya won her 1st round..the other guy was dead late. .333 reaction time...Tonya had a .06...just caught him and peddled... 2nd round...don't remember RT....her opponent dialed 11.66 and ran 11.67..she dial 10.66 and ran 10.656...

Christin Red lighted in round one...but her car had run a new best for Las Vegas of 10.79 Friday morning...and looked like it going to run very close to that in the sunday moring run for the morning...and she lifted during the run for the money ...

Finally got a set of hughes rockers for eddy magnum heads....at least got a tracking number after waiting month....eddy magnum heads were ported 5 yrs ago....quality plastic bags are a good investment...lol

TnT tonight...and race on Saturday afternoon....temp suppose to be in the mid 90s...so much for nice cool air...

71 Duster and 73 Duster are going tonight...Tonya Dart on Saturday as she had to get up early for work today....like I did not ...LOL

71 Duster ..friday night TNT...sucked...found out the track sucked as alot of cars sucked...best of 10.95 with cool air and tail wind most of the night....pulled plugs and check timing looking for something wrong...thought maybe tires were shot...

looked at tires...got some rubber left on them..switched tires left to right...right to left..
1st pass...10.82.....apparently someone lost some gear lube on the track last night

Tony runs 10.61.....dials 10.63 in 1st round and runs 10.623....off the gas...as the wind had died..

Sunday...71 duster runs best for Vegas 10.78 ...dial 10.82 in 1st round as wind is all over the place...runs 10.827 for a round win......2nd round lights the red eye...runs 10.796 on 10.83 dial.....

going to get some new tires for the Duster...front and back...moving the trans brake button...maybe getting an adjustable one too...

I've got a spare Terminator button. Came with the used PPP shifter I bought.

Let me see what she wants. ..she asked me to move the button. .and I said that I still have the 5 oh button from the dart

big box showed up today with the word UP on it....

Looks like the trunk lid is here for the Duster...

new front and rear tires on the way for Duster....

Need to get that camshaft swap done also...

Also got a new set of valve spring for the Dart as those have never been changed....Still have the Hughes 1111 spring....got PAC 1903 coming...

It never ends

Fiberglass Trunk Lid for 71 Duster .... just under 10 lbs....

Stock trunk lid on 71 Duster ....45 lbs...

Duster got 4 new shoes this week...no more hand me downs....new set of front runners and new set of Hoosier 10 x 29 replace old tired set of MT 9 x 28.5....new tires 1/2 inch smaller in diameter...

got to rear deck lid mounted in the next couple of days.....Friday night TNT...saturday ..and sunday race...

New rubber helps, Tony. We finally got E85 here now, 2.69 @ gallon. What are you paying,over there?

Our gas prices are inflated...regular is 3.30 a gallon...and E85 is the same price...

Be glad you don't have to drive 50 miles to the nearest E-85 station. Quit yer *****'n. LOL

87 reg is almost 4/gall outhere

gas price has dropped...got one station at 2.99 for regular...cash only....e 85 is down to 3,09 a gallon.

not back to the real subject...

Working on some changes for 71 Dart....Dart getting new double adjust shocks...singles coming off...60 ft times were bouncing around..usually around 1.44 in vegas...but the track was almost 150 degree last race and the rubber was balling up on track...but...

flipping tires from left to right...new moroso electric motor water driven pump....was a Proform all in one electric water pump...nothing wrong with it...just belt alignment keeps rubbing on alternator belt...no more..lol

and 360 dart will get a new set of PAC 1903 valve springs...same one Hughes recommends at a cheaper price then Hughes..

Call Silver State Industries and left message...then emailed this weekend about getting cars painted...got a 73 yellow duster and a 71 greenish/blue Duster that needs paint.

that is the place that paint tonya's 71 Dart....

Indian Springs Prison...

Might as well get them done while i am working and the cash flow is good.

A neighbor had a pair of basic street machines, painted at California Men's Colony. Man, those in body shop rehab, can freaking do bodywork & paint. Great idea,Tony.

Finally got the double adjustable shocks on...small stuff always kills ya...

and need a couple of spacers to finish off the electric water pump conversion....got the wiring redone

Attachments

• IMG_1471.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 161
  • IMG_1472.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 179
-
Back