71 Duster 360 (new project)

-
8 3/4 back in.....gotta tighten up a few bolts...install brakes....Running by Saturday... I hope

all bolts tightened...brakes on....brake line on ...brakes need to be bleed......taking slicks off new rims and putting them on old rims...one of the tubes went flat...i think it was the valve core...the racing tubes have that screw in valve stem...saw it bubbling...and replaced it....going to see if the tube holds air over night ,,,,if so everything done tomorrow.

done...tube is holding air....everything mounted and balanced...driveshaft bolted down....Race Friday night...

20180922_125000_resized.jpg

the Duster and the Dart are at the Track for the Division Finals.....adjusted the valves this morning on the Duster at the track been awhile......wanted to check on the cars as thunderstorms blew through last night...the car covers were still on them...

Slight tail wind on friday....Brutal head wind today.....Rain Delay .....More rain coming.....I am home on the sofa with my feet up in the air...

Just got off the phone with Cass...aka Dr. Diff....we might have a fix for that Strange Dana 60 housing...the housing ends that Strange uses are 1 1/4 inches...cut those off and weld on his housing ends will give us 47 1/2 inches ....would have to replace axles still...so housing ends are on their way I need to remove the old ends...then take to rear end shop to weld on new ends....

Got the old ends off...not as bad as i thought....chop saw...cutting wheel....hammer and chisel ...grinder....done...

I always thought the ends slid on ...so I called the Doctor and he said they butt to the end of the house....which helps me...

With the new ends going to pretty close to what I need....need to remove the spool and ring gear...and haul it to the rear end shop...

20181014_115942_resized.jpg

20181014_115959_resized.jpg

Talked to a friend that does Chassis work here in Vegas, he said he can take care of the welding of the new ends on....but he is building a new shop and his equipment is in storage and will not be able to do it until late Nov went the shop is done....Told him i was ok with that.....he said I was on the top of the list....1st in line...LoL

Still waiting on chassis guy to get shop up and running but I got a drop dead date ......He says january 1,,,,,ok... first race is Jan 19.....and I need to be able to order axles...

moved trailer this afternoon to be able to get car out and moved into garage to remove 360 and replace with 408.....pretty much the same as 410 engine except heads are done by ShayDell....and not hughes...so this thing should fly....lol

cat stepped on laptop and changed Font for me.....

cat stepped on laptop and changed Font for me.....

thank the cat for us old people, it made it much easier to read...
actually, when I first saw it I thought you were upset

lets see....click on B for Bold....dam car did not want to start on the e85.....had to give it a shot of raw gas....typical

Got Duster in garage today...and started removing stuff....need to get starter off and the engine is ready to come out......

kind of stopped there...and the floor was wet from draining the radiator...and Baby it cold outside....for vegas that is...LOL

lets see....click on B for Bold....dam car did not want to start on the e85.....had to give it a shot of raw gas....typical

Got Duster in garage today...and started removing stuff....need to get starter off and the engine is ready to come out......

kind of stopped there...and the floor was wet from draining the radiator...and Baby it cold outside....for vegas that is...LOL
LOL no really tell us how bad is it freezing there LOL

WEDNESDAY
Sunny. Highs 63 to 66 on the west side of the
valley
66 to 69 on the east side. North winds up to 10 mph.

WEDNESDAY NIGHT
Mostly clear. Lows 38 to 42. Northwest winds
up to 10 mph.

I am on the east side of the valley....dam..might need to get the shorts out...

ok..got 360 and trans out of the car...sitting on floor....got 408 next to it on the engine stand....Had to order a flexplate from summit...408 internally balanced....

what a mess......

-
Back