71 Duster 360 (new project)

-
Notice this weekend that the Fuster was sitting different....again...one side higher then the other...****..not another twisted rear....

got the car up on 4 jack stands this afternoon....found one thing....driver side torsion bar adjuster bracket had popped out and was partly into lower control arm...

going to get plumb bob out and check the rear to make sure it is square to the world still...took a few quick measurements with tape measure all..seems to be good....

Finally....got a very important item working in the garage today.....

Refrigerator..........

picked up 2 each of plumb bobs and a flat 48 inch steel ruler this morning a my favorite HF....got things squared ....and the plumb bobs were 2.99 each.....should have bought 4...as it would have saved alot of time from moving them around and getting them to stop moving with the earth....solar system ....and universe moving all at once....

but once on the ground the driver side of the fuster is still higher......and climbing under the car with tape measure....shocks at correct ride height....but dam...who welded those upper shocks mounts on the cross member....

new upper shock mounts will be here on tuesday...LOL....

I will have to cut and reweld one side....

well..crap...got the new mount welded on yesterday...got the coil overs back on the car...checking rear disc brakes as there seems to be alot of brake dust around those rotors.

still waiting on a tracking number for the dana for the dart...

Dam...got a written Job Offer yesterday.....

looks like things are going to be coming to a halt in a week or so...

well..crap...got the new mount welded on yesterday...got the coil overs back on the car...checking rear disc brakes as there seems to be alot of brake dust around those rotors.

still waiting on a tracking number for the dana for the dart...

called Doctordiff.....talked about brakes...he said if i had disc and drum proportioning valve...the new rear disc will wear fast....wow...no kidding.....the doctor is always right..

distribution block is needed......UPS man comin....

said he does not have shipping info on dana yet...dam man..

See they moved Saturdays event to a night race due to the "heat"..... NO ****!! I'll see you in the fall, I'm parking my race program in favor of my boat program.

Yeah...I am parking MY race program in favor of a summer job...LOL....

Yeah...I am parking MY race program in favor of a summer job...LOL....
Thats wise move, your car keeps falling apart no matter how much money you throw, Wise decision ,i would hate for that piece of junk to fall apart on the track and hurt someone. Brakin **** and you don't even pull wheelies. JOKE...

dam...I thought you would be in Englishtown helping AJ and Jeggy this weekend..since they do not do wheelies either...****...i am depressed to know you are not there....oh..wait AJ is NO. 1....guess they dont need your great tuning abilty ...joke too

Thats wise move, your car keeps falling apart no matter how much money you throw, Wise decision ,i would hate for that piece of junk to fall apart on the track and hurt someone. Brakin **** and you don't even pull wheelies. JOKE...

I've tried to stick with you Steve, and I know how talented you & Lisa are.......But even as i love some good ribbing back & forth, that's over the line! "JOKE".....not to me!

Yes...a Joke...i know...

Our 71 Dart...same engine since 2006....only thing replaced pushrods last year.....broke a yoke on stock driveshaft....and twisted a 8 3/4 rear housing....which yes..i did a bad job of figuring it out...

Our 71 Demon...same engine since 2007...was build to be spare...never used until bought the Demon in 2008....let my friend drive it at MATS 2010 a couple of years ago....broke a yoke on stock driveshaft at MATS the next year ....In both cases.....trans was removed and spring/rollers in sprag were replaced...

71 Duster...yeah...that one has broke two engines...one a stock connecting rod..and second spit a cylinder in a .040 over 360......

I am not afraid to show my problems and or failures as a person...I dont have a big look at me wheelie ego......

I quit racing back in 1999-2000...only to get drawn back into by my oldest daughter...and she wanted to go to the races...which led to her making passes in our old 69 Barracuda....which led me to build that 71 Dart which was my daily driver....car began running low 12...with old 340...the current .060 360 started out running 11.30s...now has got 10.59 in vegas.......

As a former girlfriend once said something to be about my parenting as father...I told her that the only thing that is important to me...is what my two kids think about me.....and so....again....

my kids are happy...we have fun...I could care less if they win any rounds...as long as we are all having fun.....

had another friend who has complained to me how come my Daughter car is faster then mine....i keep saying...how do you think it got faster....

Sorry..Steve...i dont have a website to send ya too...this blog is best I can do...

Got tracking number on that Dana 60.....will be here on June 5.....

Got something in a big brown box today......

Attachments

• IMG_1236.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 211
Attaboy! at least it's cool up there, get to work!!

-
Back