71 duster dash turn signal bulb replacement

-
Not too bad. Just know that you’ll be dropping the steering column to get the room to get the bezel out. And don’t forget to disconnect the speedometer cable before you try to pull things!

hard or easy fix
What exactly are you asking? If it's hard to replace the bulbs? What is your ability? You can reach the signal bulbs (with a bit of contortionism) without pulling the instrument panel. Quarter turn and they come out, pop new bulbs in the holder, reinstall. Or do you have to diagnose a non-functioning signal? That requires more extensive disassembly... Are the signals the only thing not working? If more, you need to dive deeper.
Throw us a bone here.

signals are working as is everything in the dash. the left one is out in the dash. my ability is good.although I have fat fingers.

Take the phillips screw out of the fuse box and move it out of the way. An agile long armed grandchild is always good to have in the bottom drawer of your tool box. Top drawer should be a candy bar hanging on the end of a stick . Yes sir. with good fresh chocolate bar you can bribe them into helping with anything

DSCN0919.JPG

DSCN1748.JPG

Take the phillips screw out of the fuse box and move it out of the way. An agile long armed grandchild is always good to have in the bottom drawer of your tool box. Top drawer should be a candy bar hanging on the end of a stick . Yes sir. with good fresh chocolate bar you can bribe them into helping with anything

View attachment 1715916113

View attachment 1715916114
Start 'em young, Steve. Hope your eye surgery went well

Just a bulb replacement isn't too bad....IF....you have long arms, small hands, supple fingers, and you can stand on your head for a while doing it! :lol: Some bulb holders are easier to get to than others. I'd recommend you disconnect the battery before doing anything in the dash. It shouldn't be an issue with just a bulb replacement, but, a loose ammeter wire or some other sketchy wiring can result in a melt-down disaster.

-
Back