71 Hemi Cuda $8200!!!

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
The $8200 price is in the ad twice. That's some mistake to make when selling something like a 71 Hemi Cuda!

I sent a reply two times via email to get some pics and more info plus a location and got it returned both times.

Ken

He's currently out of the country in Nigeria. Wire him the money and it will be delivered free. Can't possibly go wrong. Race you to Western Union!

He's currently out of the country in Nigeria. Wire him the money and it will be delivered free. Can't possibly go wrong. Race you to Western Union!

Allready did. I cant believe you guys didnt jump on this great deal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Probably the same jerkoff that was trying to sell a Challenger T/A 340 mint condition for 11,000 on autotrader last month. He said he was in Ottawa and I lead him on for about a week. He always came up with excuses why I or a friend couldn't come look at the car. I had a good time taking up his time.

Terry

Hay ken they had a scam going on ebay a few years back.You needed cash to buy the cars and they would send you to a address witch would be a dark alley beat you up and take your money.I know a guy that won a camaro but he called the cops to meet him at the address.He went all the way to chitown. Mark Ps I will be in touch you soon.

Right on!!!

A friend of mine was the victim of a Western Union scam to the tune of $3000.

Another friend of mine went to Alaska with an acquaintance of his to ferry an airplane back to Florida for him. This idiot had sent 40k +, sight unseen. When they got there Adam inspected the airplane and took it for a lap, landed and told the guy he wouldn't fly it back for it!

I have purchased 2 large ticket items and traveled from Indiana to both Providence, RI and Sarasota, FL to pick them up. Cashiers check only. No cash and especially no Western Union. Oh, and absolutely no $1000 up front money sight unseen. If the seller won't wait for me in person, before any money changes hands, he can sell it to someone else.

This one was offered at 38,000.00
Its not Mopar... its matchbox

for sale 02.JPG

I decided to have some fun with this turkey so I emailed him to ask for directions. This is his reply:

"Hi,

Thank you for your interest in buying my car.It's a 1971 Plymouth Barracuda Hemi, in perfect condition,never been involved in any accidents. The interior looks great (NO SMOKING).It has a clear title with 540 miles ready to be signed and notarized on your name.The total price is $ 8.200 US. Due to amount involved, I suggest using the security provided by eBay's Protection Program which will hold the money until you receive and inspect the car. In my opinion this is the safest way to handle the transaction. You will have the car for inspection and test drive BEFORE any money is released to me.
If you really are interested please reply with your name and address so I can reserve the car for you.

Thank you and let me know your answer,"

That has SCAM written all over it. I sent a reply back asking for an address and I would do a mapquest for directions. Battery Park is less than an hour drive from me. I told him that I won't go through ebay as they suck and I'll bring cash (yeah right!). The background in the pictures is nothing like Battery Park, Brooklyn, NY unless the car was at a show or something. Can't wait for his reply.

Ken

Mark (dartcuda1)- keep me posted. The housing and axles are still in the same place as when you last saw them.

I decided to have some fun with this turkey so I emailed him to ask for directions. This is his reply:

"Hi,

Thank you for your interest in buying my car.It's a 1971 Plymouth Barracuda Hemi, in perfect condition,never been involved in any accidents. The interior looks great (NO SMOKING).It has a clear title with 540 miles ready to be signed and notarized on your name.The total price is $ 8.200 US. Due to amount involved, I suggest using the security provided by eBay's Protection Program which will hold the money until you receive and inspect the car. In my opinion this is the safest way to handle the transaction. You will have the car for inspection and test drive BEFORE any money is released to me.
If you really are interested please reply with your name and address so I can reserve the car for you.

Thank you and let me know your answer,"

That has SCAM written all over it. I sent a reply back asking for an address and I would do a mapquest for directions. Battery Park is less than an hour drive from me. I told him that I won't go through ebay as they suck and I'll bring cash (yeah right!). The background in the pictures is nothing like Battery Park, Brooklyn, NY unless the car was at a show or something. Can't wait for his reply.

Ken

Mark (dartcuda1)- keep me posted. The housing and axles are still in the same place as when you last saw them.

dude send all info to the local feds it's a felony what their doing. they will run it down.
it happens.

I'm having some fun with the Hemi Cuda sale. I got a response from the guy:

"Let me explain.

The car is already at the shipping company in New York sealed and ready for shipping. I have a contract with eBay so this deal must go through them. I'm very busy with my job and I`m left out of town so I can't meet you in person, so this is the reason why I chose to sell my car over the Internet. According with eBay you have 5 days from the time you receive the car to inspect it and decide if you want to keep it or not.
Like I said before I suggest using the security provided by eBay which will hold the cash. In my opinion this is the safest way to handle the transaction. You will have the car for inspection and test drive BEFORE any money is released to me.

Look how the ebay transaction works:

1. Buyer, seller reach an agreement (price and delivery conditions)
2. Buyer sends money to eBay.
3. eBay confirms to seller that the amount has been received.
4. Seller performs the required services (delivery, insurance).
5. Buyer accepts delivery and informs eBay about the acceptance.
6. eBay releases the money to seller.

As you can see, you will receive the car BEFORE any money is released to me. You will get the chance to inspect it, test drive it and everything you like while your money is still safely held in eBay's account. ONLY after you confirm to eBay that you agree with the vehicle, they will release the money to me.

The car will be delivered directly to your requested address as soon as I will have the payment confirmation from eBay. EBay will hold the money until you will receive, inspect and accept the car.

If you want to proceed please send me your full name and address to calculate the delivery costs and start the transaction with eBay.
Let me know if you need anything else"

I sent him the following:

"First of all, your attitude can use some help. If you want to truly sell this car, I would suggest that you use more tact with any prospective buyers. Second of all, I'm also very busy and I'm not at all going to put $8,200 into ebay because they are horrible to work with and I don't trust them at all with a lot of their policies. Thirdly, why is the car sealed so that no one can see it until they have money tied up somewhere. Especially that amount of money. Why give ebay a percentage of the sale if you don't have to go through them. I can certainly wait till you are around so that I can deal directly with you, not ebay. I'm ready and have cash in hand. If you want to sell it that bad and not try to force someone to put that kind of money into cyberspace, then here is the deal.

1. You have your shipping company take the car out of the sealed whatever it's in.
2. You give me an address so that I can get directions from mapquest.
3. You tell your shipping company that I will be arriving at a prearranged time and date.
4. I inspect and test drive the car with one of your representatives present at all times.
5. If I approve of the car as it has been advertised by you, I will give the cash to your representative.
6. I will make my own arrangements to get the car to my house.

No ebay involvement, no ebay commissions, no transportation costs to you, more money to you and you get cash in hand, US green currency. That way is much safer for you and most certainly for the buyer.

I await your reply."

No response as yet.

Ya same guy tried selling me a Challenger TA six pack for like 11K. I strung him along for more than a week.

Terry

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back