-
Status
Not open for further replies.

68383GTS

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
Contact seller
Looking for $22K or around 9-11K and a Mopar trade.Located in Illinois.This is one of 554 Canadian built cars.Numbers matching engine,fender tag,door sticker.It was a FE5 red plain jane 383 3 speed car.1 family owned from 1975-2005.It was also a lifetime NC car and retains all the original body panels.Many newer parts on the car.Now it is......
Plum Crazy-In Violet
white strobe stripe
rear bumper stripes
white bucket seat interior
working air grabber hood
gull wing
chin spoilers
racing mirrors
machine gun tips
wheel well moldings
15 in ralley wheels
power steering
power disc brakes
hood pins
tuff wheel
4 speed
backlight louvers

Attachments

• Purple%20Runner.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 2,128
  • roadrunner%2520ebay%2520pics%2520%252845%2529[1].jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 2,110
Do not get me wrong here , i am a big fan of the 71 road runners , and love this car .But with the color change , and it needing paint its going to be a hard sell at that price .Not crap on me if you want .

this is a TRUE road runner. there is no way in hell you could build this car the way it sits for less money. if you did , it started life as a 318 satellite. the hood and air grabber set up alone would cost at least 2K.
GL man , someone will snatch this up

I don't know why Mopar Guys are hung up on color change.Unless it is a rare and really valuable car who cares.If it was still a plain jane Road Runner I would agree but I think I can get high teens for it. Now it has all the good options on it.

I agree, I would rather have the cool stuff even if it is not original. Although both red and purple are fine colors if it was green or blue I would also prefer it painted something different even if not original as long as it's done right like you car is. It would be different if it was still red in the truck and black bombed under the hood LOL! So all those goodies your car has, a 4 speed and pistol grip in place of the 3, the air grabber in place of the stock hood, the go wing, the chin spoilers, the louvers etc, all make it worth more to me not less! You can always pull all that stuff off and sell it separately for thousands and have your plane stock Roadrunner just in the wrong color.

This car has been for sale here for a long time , and again i love 71 to 74 B bodies,i actually owned a 74 road runner 440 auto GTX . There is a reason why it is not selling .There is over 10,000 members on here , somebody wants it but for what dollar .Good luck with the sale ,

My take is the economy still sucks and that causes mid price range cars like your to suffer.

People without money want it cheap and people who can afford their toys will buy more high end/high dollar cars.

And the color...I like purple cars but I don't want to own one.

To me a red car has much more appeal....must be why I bought my Duster.

Before I bought my Duster, I looked at a purple 71 Challenger and a purple 71 Road Runner (complete with purple interior) and I could not pull the trigger.

Looking back, with all the time and money I have had to spend on my Duster...and if I had spent time on this website before buying (people here don't seem to value these cars)...I would have bought one of the 2 purple cars with the thought of a color change down the road.

Just my 2 cents.
Paul

I don't know why Mopar Guys are hung up on color change.Unless it is a rare and really valuable car who cares.If it was still a plain jane Road Runner I would agree but I think I can get high teens for it. Now it has all the good options on it.

*****SOLD******

I put the car on Craigslist and sold it in 3 hours for 18K cash.This sucks I have been in to Mopars for 28 years and never had to sell on to help catch up bills.

Now I will be on the hunt for a A body for under 10K....

Jim

:thumbup: Congrats on the sale!!!!!! It's a beautiful car & pretty rare 8-)

on sure,, a 71 RR purple white gut for sale how did i miss this ???? if ide of known a month ago it ws for sale it would be mine,,,nice car color change or not,, it has every thing that counts to me,, i sold my barracuda and bought a purple challenger,,,

congrats on the sale,,

Attachments

• picked up 3 14 13 002.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 1,112
Congrats on the sale!I was just showing your car to a lady at work,who is restoring a 71 Road Runner.She was impressed with your car,s price.:D

It went to the StLouis area.This id the first time I have been without a B Body and 11 years without a Road Runner.

Funny....... the first time you auctioned it I was the high bidder on the car @ 17,200. I emailed you and asked how close I was, hoping to make a deal, but you never responded to me? I was willing to pay 18,500 for the car. Now I find out 6 weeks & 3 listings later, you took less than I would have paid? Its a shame......for both of us!

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back