717hp Hennessy Mustang

-
That's actually a decent price for a "tuner" car with that much power. I figure I have about $45k in mine and it makes the same power, a little more when I hit the button. It also goes a bit quicker than low 11's too.

Yea the price ain't bad at all. But I'd still take a hellcat over it everyday and twice on Sunday.

Motor Trend put a Hellcat on a chassis dyno.

The report from the dyno operator, calculated from the indicated RW hp
was that it wasn't making 707 hp at the crankshaft.

It was making 724.

The hellcat actually makes over 800 GROSS hp but the ase certified net hp is supposedly 707. Course Mopar under rated the 426 so maybe it actually DOES make 724 :burnout:

Yea the price ain't bad at all. But I'd still take a hellcat over it everyday and twice on Sunday.

So true, plus factory warranty, factory warranty, factory warranty, and not having to deal with Hennessy. Ask the viper owners how his services are.

too little. too late ! it will be awhile before ford and chevy catch the hellcat.
they better set their site higher, I'm sure the mopar gurus will pull a bit more out of the hellcats

Well, there is always the 1200 HP Cobra Mustang..but it is a bit more $ than the hellcat..and it was on the street before one as well...Cobra is supported by ford..

Who cares. America is pumping out huge hp cars!

I tend to agree with you.

With our present speed limits, unless you go to the track there is little chance to use those horses so the big engine spends most of it's time idling..or doing burnouts...and you don't need all those horses for that..and the gas consumption is a little extreme..

Ither than a pick up getting 50 mph under load, I would go for a better handling car that doesn't vibrate your innards out.. and is easy on your pocketbook..

That doesn't count. The Hellcat comes off the pregnant truck with 707HP. The Rustang has to be sent to Hennessey. Send the Hellcat to Hennessey and see what happens.

To bad the VW Hellcat is two plus tons....what is it, every 100 pounds gained/lost is worth .10? Seen somewhere that the new Saleen Mustang will be making 650 hp or so....and that it is a good deal LIGHTER than the Tugboat, I mean the Hellcat....and from what I know Ford honors the Warranty on Saleens, so to me that makes it a factory car.

To bad the VW Hellcat is two plus tons....what is it, every 100 pounds gained/lost is worth .10? Seen somewhere that the new Saleen Mustang will be making 650 hp or so....and that it is a good deal LIGHTER than the Tugboat, I mean the Hellcat....and from what I know Ford honors the Warranty on Saleens, so to me that makes it a factory car.

Haters gonna hate.

I tend to agree with you.

With our present speed limits, unless you go to the track there is little chance to use those horses so the big engine spends most of it's time idling..or doing burnouts...and you don't need all those horses for that..and the gas consumption is a little extreme..

Ither than a pick up getting 50 mph under load, I would go for a better handling car that doesn't vibrate your innards out.. and is easy on your pocketbook..

I don't go up to stupid speeds on the interstate and never will but I would never say anything remotely negative about high horsepower. The more power the better.

That doesn't count. The Hellcat comes off the pregnant truck with 707HP. The Rustang has to be sent to Hennessey. Send the Hellcat to Hennessey and see what happens.

I was thinkin the same thing when I first read the article. The hellcat is FACTORY produced!

I'm pretty dang proud of Chrysler/fiat for what they've done in the last few years to put Dodge back in the competition!! I just saw an article that said that in September Dodge sold more vehicles than Nissan and were REALLY close to taking the #2 spot away from ford! Maybe Dodge really is "the fastest growing brand in America" as they claim!

Atleast the stang' is built here by an AMERICAN based company..the hellcat has a motor built in MEXICO..the car is assembled in CANADA..and mopar is owned by Fiat:wack::wack::wack:

I think it's more like "Italian Suits", for Fiat/Chrysler. lol

For Ford it's American Suits, and as a stockholder in Ford, I'm one of them! ;)

Personally I think fiat buyin Chrysler is the best thing that coulda happened! They've given us more performance than was available from Chrysler since the 70s!! No idea why people keep bitching about it. We've got the 2 of the hottest cars in the world!!

-
Back