72 Dart Swinger 3.6L Pentastar +T5

-
Prodigy is claiming 506whp with their new Challenger 3.6L twin turbo kit.
Not sure if the Challenger's 8speed auto has any more than 20% drivetrain loss, but that would make it 600hp at the crank.

Dodge Challenger Twin Turbo Kit | Prodigy Performance

upload_2018-9-27_14-9-40.png

Not sure if the Challenger's 8speed auto has any more than 20% drivetrain loss, but that would make it 600hp at the crank.

Dodge Challenger Twin Turbo Kit | Prodigy Performance

View attachment 1715228694
Yeah that is amazing. Stock engine too. I plan on doing a single turbo on stock engine. The 8spd w/ a 2 piece drive shaft into a independent rear diff. will rob more power than your drivetrain and my fwd set up.

Cranked right over even with a trunk mounted, 230CCA, 10year old lawn mower battery,,lol!

Hydraulic Clutch & Exhaust "manifolds" are the 2 big hurdles keeping it from moving under its on power. I just wanted to double check all the vital functions before i got too far along.

TIPM is from the same automatic Wrangler the engine came from
My PCM is from a Manual trans Wrangler
Ok. So the tipm and the pcm have separate vin's? There must be a internal hardware difference between the automatic and manual pcm. Could you do me a favor? Do you have the last 8 digits of the tipm and pcm vin?

Ok. So the tipm and the pcm have separate vin's? There must be a internal hardware difference between the automatic and manual pcm. Could you do me a favor? Do you have the last 8 digits of the tipm and pcm vin?

Yep. The 3.6L Manual PCM actually has the VIN of the 2008 SKIM module I'm using.
Well at least I think it does, i honestly don't remember right now. I have it written down(somewhere) since I needed the SKIM PIN# to write the "new" VIN.

I found that most critical functions bypass the TIPM and are hard wired to the PCM, like the Pedal and Ignition switch.

I was concerned about the TIPM/PCM mismatch too, but reality has disproved that, at least so far.

Only hardware difference that may be a real issue is Cooling fan control. Wrangler use a PWM fan motor, where I'd prefer a simple Relay control. Not sure how to resolve that but honestly haven't spent any time on it.

Last edited:
Whoa, I've been a mopar tech for 18 years. Now im really got some questions. If you get some free time the vins would answer some questions. Im surprised that 08 wcm worked with the 12 to 14 pcm. If the "replace wcm procedure was performed" that would make sense. Oh sorry don't want to highjack this thread. What your telling me makes this so much easier to do.

So i did a little research the Tipm uses a low side driver to control the jeep radiator fan. You could use a 2001 jeep grand Cherokee fan module to power your fans or a 1st gen neon fan module. Though the jeep is 40 amp capacity. The only issue is i dont know if the hertz are the same the tipm is 10 hertz.

Well hang on i just thought about something. If you have no a/c high side pressure transducer. Tipm will command 100% duty on the fan. My bad.

I'm going to see it I can get one of these Fan control Options to function.
upload_2018-10-6_13-30-43.png

Here's the TIPM

upload_2018-10-6_14-34-43.png

PCM and SKIM share this VIN
upload_2018-10-6_14-38-3.png

Last edited:
This is so over my head but I think it’s great you’re doing this! Excited to see it drive under its own power - congrats on your progress thus far!

Didn't see my Fuel pump and sender harness posted

upload_2018-10-18_17-40-18.png

Made the torsion bar cross member reinforcement. When I pull the engine and trans back out Ill get it welded to the chassis and stitch the floor pan back together and seam sealed.

upload_2018-10-18_17-41-57.png
upload_2018-10-18_17-43-49.png

Last edited:
Thanks for the vins. I find it hilarious that the modules dont conflict. It goes against all the things i was taught in Chrysler training.

If you include pressure transducer in the high side line you could run ac and the tipm will control the fan b as sed on high side pressure. But you might need a high side psi sensor or the fan could run full speed. I will unplug one at work and see if the tipm commands full speed on the fan.

If you include pressure transducer in the high side line you could run ac and the tipm will control the fan b as sed on high side pressure. But you might need a high side psi sensor or the fan could run full speed. I will unplug one at work and see if the tipm commands full speed on the fan.

I am not considering this swap myself, but find it very interesting. I like the 3.6 engine .
I`m wondering how much horse power the 8 speed will take w/ power boosters ???????
twin turbos?

I am not considering this swap myself, but find it very interesting. I like the 3.6 engine .
I`m wondering how much horse power the 8 speed will take w/ power boosters ???????
twin turbos?

Not sure if the Challenger's 8speed auto has any more than 20% drive train loss, but that would make it ~600hp at the crank.

The 8 speed is behind a Hellcat, so I’m sure it’ll handle a twin turbo cranking out 600hp.

Not sure if the Challenger's 8speed auto has any more than 20% drive train loss, but that would make it ~600hp at the crank.
They make a kit for the AWD 200’s?? Double the power from our car would make me kick myself much less for giving as much as I did for it!!
:steering::lol:

-
Back