72 Dart Swinger 3.6L Pentastar +T5

-
I’m pretty they are the same.

Wasn’t aware they had 2 different variations of it, good to know.

Wonder if it’s just programming like the 45refe to 545rfe.

NEW SEATS!!

Just picked up these "gently used" BMW E46 seats. They're a bazilion-way adjustable but all manual(dig the extendable thigh support)
Clean design, comfy and not too tall. Now I just have to get them bolted in right

upload_2018-10-19_18-27-34.png

Finished drilling holes for and hooking up the lines to the RAM hydraulic throw-out bearing.

I was going to come out the near the top but decided to use a 90 degree fitting and run the pressure hose lower. I left the bleeder hose coming out the top.
upload_2018-10-25_15-14-16.png

Once the engine is back it and the clutch bled, IT WILL DRIVE!!!

I think I'm going with this exhaust design. It is far more simple and seems to fit fine on both sides.
Thanks to Shannon @redlinegw for the flanges.

2.5" diameter
2.5" centerline radius

If the pipe is angled as shown, the elbow/flange weldment is ambidextrous.
I need to find a good local TIG welder.

upload_2018-10-25_19-26-43.png

Haven't decided if i want a flange between the engine and X pipe.
I've used this ball socket design before[Pypes PVA14]. Its uses a single clamp which keeps is simple.

upload_2018-10-25_19-35-4.png

Last edited:
Finished drilling holes for and hooking up the lines to the RAM hydraulic throw-out bearing.

I was going to come out the near the top but decided to use a 90 degree fitting and run the pressure hose lower. I left the bleeder hose coming out the top.
View attachment 1715239842

Once the engine is back it and the clutch bled, IT WILL DRIVE!!!
Well done sir. You are a STAYER and a great COMMUNICATOR. Much appreciated.

ITS DRIVING!

Just up and down the alley though,,,since there's NO:
title, license, insurance, brake lights, exhaust, fenders, bumpers, hood latch, ect.

The 2.76 Gears didn't seem to hurt much. It had great throttle response what little I drove it. Can't WAIT to do its first SMOKEY BURN OUT!

Clutch is disk is dragging a bit and making it had to get into gear, so that's one thing I have to figure out.

ITS DRIVING!

title, license, insurance, brake lights, exhaust, fenders, bumpers, hood latch, ect.

The 2.76 Gears didn't seem to hurt much. It had great throttle response what little I drove it. Can't WAIT to do its first SMOKEY BURN OUT!

Clutch is disk is dragging a bit and making it had to get into gear, so that's one thing I have to figure out.

Excellent build and thread! I've done lots of swaps and they aren't easy or in the case of my Scamp aren't well received. ;) Keep up the great work!

NEW SEATS!!

Just picked up these "gently used" BMW E46 seats. They're a bazilion-way adjustable but all manual(dig the extendable thigh support)
Clean design, comfy and not too tall. Now I just have to get them bolted in right

View attachment 1715237632
Hard to see what we did on the Scamp seats. Basically welded plates to the floor and beefed up all the attachment points.

Hard to see what we did on the Scamp seats. Basically welded plates to the floor and beefed up all the attachment points.

To fit my BMW seat, i had to do quite a bit more surgery to the floor. Since they had a 18" track width, the entire "bench seat" mounting hump had to be cut out and flattened.

20181020_150423.jpg

ITS DRIVING!

Been watching you for a while with this build. great job thinking outside the typical box for swaps.

Happy new year to you and the project.
How’s it all going ?

Really looking forward down the track to seeing an engine and trans drive report.

Cheers
Jim

I recently got a job with Comp Cams, so we're moving to Memphis TN area.

So the Dart is on hold for a while until we move and I get a shop built. I did put the fenders and bumpers on it today since they're easier to transport on the car than off. It's the first time its been this complete.

upload_2019-2-3_19-13-9.png

TODAY
upload_2019-2-3_19-8-41.png

upload_2019-2-3_19-9-56.png

So the Dart is on hold for a while until we move and I get a shop built. I did put the fenders and bumpers on it today since they're easier to transport on the car than off. It's the first time its been this complete.

View attachment 1715285035

TODAY
View attachment 1715285030
View attachment 1715285031

NOT BEING NOSY, BUT WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO BE DOING AT COMPCAMS ? DAM CAP BUTTON !

NOT BEING NOSY, BUT WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO BE DOING AT COMPCAMS ? DAM CAP BUTTON !

OK, THANKS MATE
Go for it and good luck
We’ll all stay tuned.

Everything, every product from Comp, FAST, TCI, ZEX, RHS,,,ect

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^GREAT!
I HAVE A FAST 2.0 THROTTLE BODY SET UP ON MY 440/505" WEDGE, I WOULD REALY LIKE TO SEE THEM COME UP WITH AN ADAPTABLE MALE/FEMALE PLUG THAT COULD BE CUT IN THE THROTTLE BODY main LINE RIGHT BEHIND THE TROTTLE BODY. I F I PULL MY INTAKE , I HAVE TO LAY THE DAM THROTTLE BODY TO THE SIDE, "CANT UNHOOK IT FROM THE HARNESS , WITH TO SCREEN MOIUNTED INSIDE THE CAR. OTHER THAN THAT AND THE WHOLE SET UP BEING MORE CHEVY FRIENDLY , THAN MOPAR FRIENDLY , I have "no" complaints with it at all.!
I haven't had any of the trouble with it that the guys on here have talked about with the other brands !!
As always disregard the caps, cant keep my dam fingers off of the button .
P.S.
I mentioned this to Dave once a few yrs back, he said then they didn't have one -----------

-
Back