72 Dart Swinger 3.6L Pentastar +T5

-
UPDATE!

I'm getting CLOSE to having a fully road worthy car! I finished modifying the passenger floor for the new buckets, sealed all the seams and cut new insulation for the floor.

View attachment 1715480232

If you want something lightweight and is a proven thermal and acoustic insulator? Look into 3M Thinsulate.
I've used it in several commercial and retail products as both a thermal and noise insulator and it works great.
So when looking for a lightweight alternative, it was the natural choice.

I got 4 yards of 60" 3M® Thinsulate UDS Insulation @ $9/ linear yard.
There's many different varieties of Thinsulate but I think the UDS 157 gram offered the best R-value/mass/thickness

I put in on the Firewall and behind the Headliner too. I ran out of material but would have liked to lay it behind the rear seat as well. I still might order another yard or two for that.

View attachment 1715480236
Great idea in headliner and package tray areas. On floorboards though I wonder how much moisture it's going to wick up if theres a water leak. I plan on using spray in bedliner for the floorpans.

Great idea in headliner and package tray areas. On floorboards though I wonder how much moisture it's going to wick up if theres a water leak. I plan on using spray in bedliner for the floorpans.

Its suppose to be resistant but I doubt its any worse than the cotton jute backing on the carpet.

In the ad pic in post #400 it says it’s suitable in wet environments.

View attachment 1715414534
View attachment 1715414535

The fit is Decent. The rears a little tight with the Front half of the leaf spring.

The Front is a hitting the front lock nut on my SPC control arms at full lock and full droop. There's only an eyeball wheel alignment so for sure the UCA is getting moved. I was wanting to take out the Anti-dive and that would conveniently help out the UCA to Wheel clearance too.

The front end is down as it can go. Apparently you get that with a 340lb 3.6 and 1.0" bars(can't wait to get the car on the scales!)
View attachment 1715414536

Those look good! Is the front wheel bolted on in this pic? Or just sitting there?

The wheels are bolted on & supporting the weight of the car in those pics
Do They stick out pretty far or, that just the camera angle? I remember my Oem K frame stuck out alot further than my tubular.

Last edited:
I got most of the Interior put it in.

23444213760_n.jpg?_nc_cat=103&_nc_sid=110474&_nc_ohc=J3lG9wEA24YAX-EfDu3&_nc_ht=scontent.fmem1-1.jpg

96859117568_n.jpg?_nc_cat=109&_nc_sid=110474&_nc_ohc=5XdMB726P4QAX9FaFNY&_nc_ht=scontent.fmem1-1.jpg

Do They stick out pretty far or, that just the camera angle? I remember my Oem K frame stuck out alot further than my tubular.

They're 265s on 9.5" wide rims & there's a finite about of room inwards.

But like I said, there's not a alignment on the car and the wilwoods add ~1/2" of track width

upload_2020-3-7_21-23-44.png

Last edited:
That suspiciously looks road worthy and legal.

Its not done until there are two black stripes on the pavement.

I've driven it around the block a few times. It easily breaks the tires loose but without the exhaust installed, i try not to piss off the neighbors.

Brake lights and turn signals are all working, seat belts are there too. I need to get title, license and insurance this week.

I'm welding on the swaybar brackets onto the LCA and installing the swaybar and adjustable strut rods today.
Air Filter and coolant bottle are on the list too.

Got my QA1 1.25" diameter hollow sway bar mounted and the mounting tabs welded onto the lower control arms.

897749884928_n.jpg?_nc_cat=102&_nc_sid=110474&_nc_ohc=wismcygF1CoAX_oAt2J&_nc_ht=scontent-mia3-2.jpg

718725468160_n.jpg?_nc_cat=108&_nc_sid=110474&_nc_ohc=TuEGcQqQKh8AX-MQd9I&_nc_ht=scontent-mia3-1.jpg

I put the passenger seat put back together and in the car too.
220156657664_n.jpg?_nc_cat=103&_nc_sid=110474&_nc_ohc=Nx7qYqkv7EMAX-j0RjU&_nc_ht=scontent-mia3-2.jpg

Exhaust, QA1 Strut rods and Alignment are up next

Last edited:
Just so you know, this is my favorite build on the entire site! I love your "think outside the box" attitude.

Any plans for a blower, supercharger? Doesn’t RiP make one for Jeeps? That would really wake up that 3.6.

As a side note, if you hear “ticking” one or more rockers will need to be replaced.

Any plans for a blower, supercharger? Doesn’t RiP make one for Jeeps? That would really wake up that 3.6.

As a side note, if you hear “ticking” one or more rockers will need to be replaced.

I already have a Sprintex waiting to go on

I'm very mindful of the Rocker/Lifter issue. I'm working with a vendor on slow bleed down lifters and also seeing what can be done to beef up the rocker. A ford Coyote follower is a pretty close fit and has a .5mm larger diameter roller.

Last edited:
****, I missed that. That will be bad ***!

Interesting on the Coyote rockers.

Installed a cheapo air filter just good enough to keep the rocks out of the throttle body.

It's good enough for now until the supercharger is installed.

756339822592_o.jpg?_nc_cat=109&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=y0hT3oUjJSAAX-1osAg&_nc_ht=scontent-atl3-1.jpg

Raised the rear a bit and gave her a good wash

32730957824_n.jpg?_nc_cat=102&_nc_sid=110474&_nc_ohc=oHQDQ0BG39sAX_gYouO&_nc_ht=scontent.fmem1-2.jpg

75865606144_n.jpg?_nc_cat=110&_nc_sid=110474&_nc_ohc=JXgiBDAvUhsAX_VK_Rp&_nc_ht=scontent.fmem1-2.jpg

Laid out the exhaust to make sure i'm not missing anything. Its a Pypes 2.5" stainless. The J bend 45 will be used to fabricate between the X Pipe and the engine(i have two). It may be a tad short, so i'm going to order a an extra 3ft or so to account for waste.

45164816384_n.jpg?_nc_cat=111&_nc_sid=110474&_nc_ohc=FAFp0JYxGRcAX9h-q5C&_nc_ht=scontent.fmem1-2.jpg

In lue of gas purge the pipe, I'm going to try this "solar flux" to shield the internals during welding. We'll see how it goes.
s-l640.jpg

Looking awesome! That Solar Flux works well. You just can’t go back over the weld cause it will only shield the puddle the first time. What seats are those?

Looking awesome! That Solar Flux works well. You just can’t go back over the weld cause it will only shield the puddle the first time. What seats are those?

Good deal, it'll be my first time trying out Solar Flux. Mr. Googles says it works

The seats are full manual from a BWM E46

That’s great to know. Some of my favorite seats ever are the E36 Vaders, but they’re too old now to find a good set.

-
Back