72 Dart Swinger 3.6L Pentastar +T5

-
how big is your radiator? What size is the fan?
i'm using a 2014 Charger radiator and fan

Stock fan ON temp is 219-230F.
I can sell you a Diablo tool that will allow you to turn on the fans whenever you like.
upload_2020-6-27_20-40-10.png

Installed my new SpeedHut Freedom CAN gauges. Most are CAN and pull data from the PCM.

00048699916_n.jpg?_nc_cat=100&_nc_sid=110474&_nc_ohc=lXQfW-u8zBEAX-OTko5&_nc_ht=scontent.fmem1-1.jpg

The Speedo even show CEL if you have one (I forgot to turn off the Fuel Sender in the tune).
06442132688_n.jpg?_nc_cat=109&_nc_sid=110474&_nc_ohc=-f2x2LU-SCEAX9nympU&_nc_ht=scontent.fmem1-1.jpg

Last edited:
What's this about a supercharger? What kind?

I left a cut down stock instrument cluster in the car bolted out of the way.
Its needed because it relays the signals from the Turn signal, Headlamp, Wiper and Cruise switch to the Body Control Module(TIPM). It also makes the Turn signal "clicky-clicks" and warning chimes

upload_2020-6-29_16-28-36.png

Last edited:
Dart made it to its first Autocross. @Trojmn was there too to drive it.

Over all the car handled great! The 16:1 manual box + Fast ratio arms +Castor +265/35 = hard work rowing the car through an overly tight course.

I tell you what, you don't appreciate how hard a car is driven even on a small parking lot course. So there were a few issues that popped up.

1. Fuel was leaking out the gas filler tube during hard Right hand corners. Working on a solutions
  2. What seemed like Fuel starvation is suspected to be a Limp mode. Near the end off a 38s course, there was a loss in power. I noticed the RPMs were held dead on 3200rpm. Stupid me disconnected the battery before scanning the codes, so root cause is still inconclusive.
  3. Rear tires rub in jounce + hard cornering.
  4. Braking performance is underwhelming. Rear brakes may just be over performing.
  5. 2900-3200rpm sounds like complete ***. like two fart canned Hondas...its terrible.so acoustics are on the list

278835336018_o.jpg?_nc_cat=104&_nc_sid=110474&_nc_ohc=zkRJypDDGy0AX_4afx-&_nc_ht=scontent-atl3-1.jpg

231808998195_o.jpg?_nc_cat=111&_nc_sid=1480c5&_nc_ohc=XGQHTUWtm28AX_4P7tU&_nc_ht=scontent-atl3-1.jpg

970132711055_o.jpg?_nc_cat=111&_nc_sid=1480c5&_nc_ohc=E4qhOogKHeEAX-_9jJi&_nc_ht=scontent-atl3-1.jpg

Last edited:
Ignoring the chalkboard scratching harmonics, when it was working it was an absolute RIOT as long as it lasted ;-( Calling it a tight 'Miata' course would be an understatement. Hell some of those gates were barely 3 parking spaces away! With manual steering, that has got to be the worst it will ever be. I didn't think the back half was a hard drive at all even when I had power. Successful maiden voyage IMO. Needs more Autox.

Ignoring the chalkboard scratching harmonics, when it was working it was an absolute RIOT as long as it lasted ;-( Calling it a tight 'Miata' course would be an understatement. Hell some of those gates were barely 3 parking spaces away! With manual steering, that has got to be the worst it will ever be. I didn't think the back half was a hard drive at all even when I had power. Successful maiden voyage IMO. Needs more Autox.

FlowMasters came in yesterday, so hopefully it'll sound better

upload_2020-7-29_14-4-51.png

upload_2020-7-29_14-3-49.png

Last edited:
  1. What seemed like Fuel starvation is suspected to be a Limp mode. Near the end off a 38s course, there was a loss in power. I noticed the RPMs were held dead on 3200rpm. Stupid me disconnected the battery before scanning the codes, so root cause is still inconclusive.

I pulled the Code P0501

I had unplugged the ABS module for the Autox because it wasn't well secured. That may have caused the 3200rpm Limp mode.

upload_2020-8-4_19-39-6.png

this is super exciting. glad to see it generating smiles. has anyone come up with a standalone engine or engine/transmission controller yet?

this is super exciting. glad to see it generating smiles. has anyone come up with a standalone engine or engine/transmission controller yet?

RPM Extreme was working on a harness last year "(see post 344)"

but it doesn't appear to available yet. last I talked to them, their harness still required a Programmed SKIM Module and Key to start and run

Before going through all the trouble of adapting the Sprintex supercharger, I've decide to sell it.
I'm only selling because I'm switching over to an Edelbrock mostly because I work for them.

If anyone is interested $2400

13349_o.jpg?_nc_cat=105&ccb=2&_nc_sid=843cd7&_nc_ohc=YGxYwUkpyQkAX97VGL5&_nc_ht=scontent.fmem1-1.jpg

Have you seen this thread? Might help your Honda fart can issue.
No more drone!
I haven’t been keeping up with the whole thread, but are you running fully dual exhaust? I would tend to try a Y pipe to combine into 1 and then another to split back to dual IF the look of true duals was a necessity. I have yet to hear any 6 sound good with duals, and I like 6’s particularly inlines.

Last edited:
Before going through all the trouble of adapting the Sprintex supercharger, I've decide to sell it.
I'm only selling because I'm switching over to an Edelbrock mostly because I work for them.

If anyone is interested $2400
Wait...Edelbrock is offering a supercharger for the Pentastar? I'd like one for my Challenger GT please :D

j

-
Back