-
Status
Not open for further replies.

wrastu

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Sorry if this is not proper, heres the short story. Started building a gargage to work on my projects and ran into snags requiring much more excavation than expected.

Something has to go my 1929 Ford Tudor rat project or the 1972 BB Dart project.

So it is the Dart, 1972 Swinger green interior good shape, CD player with rear deck speakers, carpet will need replaced.

225 w/auto 4" 5 lug pattern, 70's era aluminum slots, air shocks (on it when purchased).

I purchased this car with intention of turning it into a BB Dart, the unibody is solid, rear quarters have been replaced before I bought it, doors are good, and the front fenders have a few pin holes on top and the inner flange on top needs a little attention, my body guy said they were not an issue.

The only bad thing I can find under the car is near the drivers side front floor board about under the e brake has a very repairable hole in the floor.

The front 6cyl k member strut rod has been repaired and I would replace the k member, (It hasn't kept me from driving it and I would drive it home from just about anywhere.

The 225 runs good, trans shifts ok, other than carpet, and a small patch job on the floor the interior is good. It has a bench seat, did I mention it is the dark green from 72.

It had a vinyl roof that was removed before I got it, the paint is a 50 foot paint job, the body is straight, just the paint needs redone, the car was originally green.

I have a v8 k member for it, and a new-never installed set of rear leaf springs with and extra 3" arc or lift in them.

As much as I hate to part with the it, I also have a five lug large pattern 8 3/4 rear housing, axles, backing plates with brakes and drums in good shape, all you need is a center section after you have it narrowed to fit under the Dart. I was going to connect the subframes and move the springs in 3 inches.

I also have a BB 400 but have no idea how good it is.

Also it has power steering.

Car can be seen in Peterburg, Indiana

email questions to [email protected]

$3500 for all of it or $3000 just for the car

Partial trade for vertical knee mill, engine lathe bigger than 12x36, 7x12 drop saw, machine shop equipment depending on size and condition

Thanks
Stu

[/ATTACH][/ATTACH][/ATTACH]

100_1226.JPG

100_1227.JPG

100_1228.JPG

100_1229.JPG

If anyone is interested I have more pics I took today, email me and I will send them

Stu

I know I was tickled when I found it with the body being as solid as it is, even the trunk pan is solid, the previous owner made me wait 2 days to pick it up while he acquired an original jack and bought a spare mag wheel and had a tire mounted to it so I would have a spare. I am selling it for exactly what I paid for it, just wanna not lose ground, the extra parts I bought after I bought the car.

As much as I hate to I also have a 383 4bbl with a 727 and a complete 8.75 rear from a 66 newport that only had 55xxx on the clock and ran very well before it was pulled, I drove it and it doesn't smoke a bit that I seen, but needs a carb rebuild.

I don't have the drivetrain listed but if someone wanted to buy it also I could let it go with the car. I had planned on using it in my 29 ford tudor and building the 400 for the dart with a 440 source stroker kit.

I just got too many projects and need to finish my garage, I build more bikes than cars but drifted into the dart project.

I hate to put it on E-bay, but will soon I guess.

Stu

Just had a conversation with an interested person on the Dart, nothing final yet.

You have heard of buyers remorse, you know you buy something and then wish you hadn't.

Well I haven't even made a deal yet and am having sellers remorse, sorry to bore all with my little whining, just bummed out about the situation wants vs needs, you all know what I am talking about.

Probably the best automotive project in the raw I have ever had an I miss my Dart already and I still got it!

The wife was saying maybe I should keep it and just wait longer to get the garage done, man I am twisting in the wind here.

Big rough tough tattooed biker, decorated combat vet of two wars and freaking whining about a car, man I am losing it, they better check my meds again.

Sorry to sound all sissy like and stuff, I never pine for bikes I have built and sold, I just build another.....but this is different....this is my dart we are talking about. Man what a wuss I am.

Stu

Just had a conversation with an interested person on the Dart, nothing final yet.

You have heard of buyers remorse, you know you buy something and then wish you hadn't.

Well I haven't even made a deal yet and am having sellers remorse, sorry to bore all with my little whining, just bummed out about the situation wants vs needs, you all know what I am talking about.

Probably the best automotive project in the raw I have ever had an I miss my Dart already and I still got it!

The wife was saying maybe I should keep it and just wait longer to get the garage done, man I am twisting in the wind here.

Big rough tough tattooed biker, decorated combat vet of two wars and freaking whining about a car, man I am losing it, they better check my meds again.

Sorry to sound all sissy like and stuff, I never pine for bikes I have built and sold, I just build another.....but this is different....this is my dart we are talking about. Man what a wuss I am.

Stu

If you have serious doubts then dont sell. I've been waiting better than 15 years to restore mine...

Stu, you aren't whining! (This coming from a not so big combat vet sans tattoos) Anyone who loves Mopars has struggled with a sale just like you are... because Mopars have so much, for lack of a better word "soul"... I was a Harley man way back when, but the Mopars are much more fun to me these days. From my experience, keep if if you can, but if you can't trust me you WILL find another Dart, they are out there. Good luck whatever you decide...

Been dragging projects around myself. Anticipation is a good chunk of the fun. Two questions. 1. Do you want one of these cars done? 2. Can you replace what you have for what you will take?

If 1. is yes, and two is no, then keep it.

JM2¢
Grant

I shall have another Dart someday, the cost to finish what I have now the way i want it done is just too high.

When I build a bike I start out saying to myself, okay on this one I am going for the rat look, I just don't have it in me, it has to new paint, nice parts, etc, no matter how hard I try I can't skimp, (I never skimp or cut corners on safety) but when I am done it is perfect in my eye, then somebody comes along and offers way more than I have in it, and poof its gone, then I start again.

So really finishing this Dart would be a real crisis because I can part with it now, but if I finish it there would be no way.

I think while I still can ride I will do the bike thing, there will be other Darts, I am over my whining since I sat and figured I need to build and sell about 4 more bikes to be able to afford to do the dart right, but first I gotta get the work shop done.

I will find another one.

Stu

That is a STEAL. I am currently looking to replace my '73 which was originally being built as a drag car by the previous owner (REAL crappy body work), and I'm looking for suitable candidates. Do you still have it?

There is a pending deal set for the 28th of Feb, if it doesn't go thru I will post it, thanks for the interest

Stu

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back