72 Demon 340 callout placement

-

monoptn

Mopar Aficianado
Reaction score
A 71 Demon had a decal "Demon" logo on the fenders, while a 72 had a metal "Demon" emblem.

If a 72 had the "340" call out sticker on the fenders, did it still get the metal emblem, or did that cause it to get a decal "Demon" logo as well? Or, could you even get a "340" call out on the 72 Demon fenders?

Can you please show me pictures of the correct placement of the 340 callout for the fenders and the rear panel?

Thanks!

there were no " callouts" per say on demons. not like the dusters had anyway. the 71 had on the front fenders a demon sticker and the 340 logo just below it. the 72 had the demon in metal and the 340 logo in metal also just below it. the only other place the demon logo and 340 could be found on both was the rear tail panel. both 71 and 72 were both stickers here. try looking in the tech section. i did a thread there titled 70-76 duster, demon ,and dart sport pictorial. it will have the pics you should need i do belive. if not i can dig you up some.....

Just to clarify, no Demon models in 1972 are supposed to have a sticker on the rear taillight panel. Dodge reverted to DODGE and DART badges on the lower right on the trunk lid and left the taillight panel bare. You can thank pressure from the bible-thumpers for that one. The 1971 models were the only Demons to wear the decal featuring the devil character. This isn't to say you'll never see 72's with Demon decals on them, heck, I even put one on mine! Still, if it's there, it's been added after the fact.

As stated correctly above, there was a metal 340 badge (not unlike the hoodscoop badges used on the 1970 Swinger 340) mounted to the right and slightly below the metal DEMON badge on both front fenders on 340 cars.

ct701.jpg

ct701.jpg

ct701.jpg

A 71 Demon had a decal "Demon" logo on the fenders, while a 72 had a metal "Demon" emblem.

If a 72 had the "340" call out sticker on the fenders, did it still get the metal emblem, or did that cause it to get a decal "Demon" logo as well? Or, could you even get a "340" call out on the 72 Demon fenders?

Can you please show me pictures of the correct placement of the 340 callout for the fenders and the rear panel?

Thanks!

Corroborating what 7DEMON2 said above, here's a pic of my original 72 Demon. A little tough to see the detail, but you can see the metal fender emblems.

Resized340DemonMikeandTim.jpg

The metal emblems are on the fenders and a decal was on the right side of the blackout decal cal on the rear trunk near the tail light.

7demon2 has it right. I had a 72 340 Demon new. It had the metal 340 callouts just below and slightly to the right of center of the word Demon on the fenders. On the tail panel it had decals that said Demon and 340 slightly below and to the right again. It also had the Dodge Dart name plates on the trunk lid. The Dodge was very small and above and to the left of the word Dart.

Jack

-
Back