72 demon 340 number matching drevetrain

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
if that thing brings 12,000
im going to put my bird on here for 450,000

ok. i just looked up NADA value on it. here's the actual web image.
NADA guides are used by insurance companies and loan institutions. The buyer will eventually set the price.
Lets say, for instance, you found someone who would give you your asking price but was going to finance the car. He was granted approval with a classic car finance company which in turn would send out an appraiser. This is where you would run into a problem with your asking price. The appraiser would appraise the car way too low thus the buyer would not be able to by it. He figured the loan institution was planning on financing 80%.
Folks with $14K in their pocket would find something more suitable.
My advice...keep the car. Pick up something cheap. I mean cheap...like $500 just to get you around. Have fun with the Demon on the weekends. If it costs too much to operate because you are in high school, park it because you still have that POS to get you around. There are plenty of POS cars out there. 10 years down the road when you start saving a little money(marrage excluded) you will have you numbers matching demon to restore.
Take care

Well as a Demon lover myself (having 2 of them) I figured I would give you some input from a guy who looks at way too many "numbers matching" demon's still looking for what I want.

Like many have stated I agree i think you have a really good start to a car here, and you are correct a petty blue 340 72 demon is a relatively rare car....Yes there is a BUT coming. Since you stated the car is a built motor, it is no longer O.N.M anymore. Also I am kinda wondering where the 340 ralley dash is? Can you post the FENDER TAG INFORMATION.

It may or may not help justify your $15K range. Also what is the rear end? 340's would be 8.75 with suregrip?

I agree though, if your asking what I and from the sounds of it most would pay would be in the $4K - $6K range and it would be a fair price for what you have pictured.

If you do get your price, then honestly good for you. But it will be a tough sale here when you post with limited information and no price. That immediately sends up red flags to anyone looking for a Numbers matching drive train car.... You may want to take tons of pics, post vin#, fender plate, build sheet if you have it (which NM buyers will look for) and any history of the car. It will only help you get a better price in the end.

Good Luck.

If you don't get you $$ for it, find a $500 cheap gas car on craigs list to drive and put this in a garage until your older, you'll be glad you did!

I'd like to have the car myself for a resto, but as the guys here have said, it's in need of some cash to make it worth the bucks.

I'm concerned as to why the 72 hood is missing, also the fender emblems.....and the dash, according to any and all research I've done is not a 340 car.......it looks like a console auto 318 car.

For reference, I bought a 318 auto column shift Demon for $5500. with fairly new paint and a decent interior 3 years ago. I did a dual snorkel, spoiler, striping and blackout package, new gears, reseal, dash resto and A/C tune-up, along with A/R wheels and new T/A radials.........some chrome parts too, and a LOT of elbow grease......You can see the car in my garage here at FABO.......when it was finished, I put it in some good shows in Central Florida, and took best mopar honors twice against some STIFF competition.

The car sold for $16,000. with a show history........nearly spotless inside and out. I was almost afraid to drive it. (but I did anyway).

If I looked at your car seriously, considering the welding it needs and the overall resto (including paint and the correct hood), I couldn't pay more than 5 grand on todays market.........BUT, if you can show the numbers and document that they are matching, along with a broadcast sheet or other documents, I'm sure a serious buyer will give you more. But not that much more. If it weren't for the rust I see (which is serious from looking at the pics......you have to at LEAST completely radius the quarters and do the rockers), it would be a higher priced auto for sure.

Also I am kinda wondering where the 340 ralley dash is?

Demon34071 I am not 100% positive but I think 71 was the last year for the Rallye gauges for the A-Bodies. The reason I say this is because a guy I work with has a #'s matching 340 72 Duster and it has the standard dash cluster. There is a also a 72 340 4spd Demon on Ebay with the standard gauges and it is a 3 owner 24K orig. mi car.

Joe

the 24 k mile car on ebag ??
lot o-rust for low miles.????
im guessing 124k miles

The car in the first post has serious rust issues... Looks like rockers and 1/4s at the very least.

No way would it bring 15k.

Yea I saw all of the rust too and your probably right it most likely has at least 124K miles! Cool color combo though Black on Black and a 4spd to boot!

Like others have said, if I were you I'd get a $500 beater and park the Demon until you have cash to do it right. However, DON'T LET IT SIT OUT IN SOME FIELD AND RUST INTO OBLIVION. I hate it when people do that!

The best advice I've heard here is for you to store it INDOORS and in a SAFE place and drive a beater. You won't regret that. Right now is a poor time to sell a car like that, especially if you bought it even two years ago. The economy sucks right now and even if people have the $$ they won;t give it to you for that car. Wait a few years, I'll bet the market will return for these things and people will be willing to spend the money on that car.
It's a neat Demon 340! You'll have a hell of a time finding another one down the road.

I say stash it for later when you can afford to bring it back to original(Petty Blue)me likey!LOL!Get your self a gas mizzer piss cutter for now!Say,in 10 years you,ll be glad you did and it will be worth more!

OCT 08 006.jpg

mt.nemo 4.JPG

June 2007 048.jpg

i agree with the $5000. price,2 years ago i sold a 70 340 4spd a/c duster survivor for $15k,and we all know what the market has done since then.

dude i hate to bear bad new but with the economy like it is now your not going to get 1/2 of low retail trust me i have a

1967 ford bronco
1300 in custom suspension
33x12.50r15 all terrains
first year v8 289 HO
factory 3 speed
50,000 miles origonal
rebuilt motor and refreshed trans and differentials
this thing is valued(i got a full on inspection and apraisal )
at $13,500 as it sits and 35,000 restored

i cant get 4000 for it right now and these trucks are a lot more searched for than demons(not raising and feathers here but its true most of the really valueable mopars are big bodies not that im complaining cause it keeps cost down on my dart :D )

sorry bro if you bring it to so cal or wait out our economy i could see getting 6500 for it

dude i hate to bear bad new but with the economy like it is now your not going to get 1/2 of low retail trust me i have a

1967 ford bronco
1300 in custom suspension
33x12.50r15 all terrains
first year v8 289 HO
factory 3 speed
50,000 miles origonal
rebuilt motor and refreshed trans and differentials
this thing is valued(i got a full on inspection and apraisal )
at $13,500 as it sits and 35,000 restored

i cant get 4000 for it right now and these trucks are a lot more searched for than demons(not raising and feathers here but its true most of the really valueable mopars are big bodies not that im complaining cause it keeps cost down on my dart :D )

sorry bro if you bring it to so cal or wait out our economy i could see getting 6500 for it
OldDart,I think your wrong on the bronco being more sought after than Demons??Give me a break,how many years did they make the Bronco?How many years did they make the Demon?Demon hands down!!My 2 cents!!

Dont sell! These guys are right put it away and get a beater. I have my 65 barracuda that I got when I was 15 drove it to high school etc. when it became too much I bought a junker for $500 and parked it and worked on it when i could. Now im 31 and still have it and its all done except the seats. Also gotta agree your gonna take a major hit if you sell, I just sold my 69 dart swinger 340 numbers match restored with build sheet and tag, documentation reciepts,and extra parts for $15,300! The market sucks right now. Good luck with whatever you do.

first offer don't be offended looking for a resto project $3000.00 buy tomorrow let me know and remember don't be offended

ok here's the first bid and don't get offended looking for a project car this is one will offer $3000.00 let me know please and again do not get offended..thanks

Hey Kid: Whether you realize it or not there is a vast amount of knowledge here on this site and many do know the true value of most of these cars. Of course the value of something has a lot to do whether or not one can find someone looking for that type of unit in the current condition. When that happens then an exchange will usually take place. For some that are not familiar with the current markets they usually rely upon publications such as i do to determine the going price of something in todays market. With that being said, i rely upon "Old Cars Price Guide" and on the car you are offering at a price of $15000, they reflect a much different value based on previous sales whether auctions or a private treaty sale. The values listed in their book is as follows.
#1 $15000 = Show room condition, trailer queen
#2 $10500 = Maybe mistaken for a #1 car, very good
#3 $6750 = Good amateur restoration
#4 $3000 = Drivable car, all components needing restoration
#5 $1800 = Restorable, needs complete resto, may or may not run
#6 $600 = Parts car

So from the pics you have shown us and the above description of the guide i'm placing your car in the #3 to #4 range but more towards the #4 range. Did you get a pic of that K member for us? Don't feel let down. Everyone is try to assist you on marketing your car and like you, most of us here have way more in our cars than we could ever get out of em. Great hobby.
Small Block .....and don't call me .....GALEN

wow guys. i def found the right place to post. and to beepah i'm sorry. 3k is def too low. the problem with a fender tag is that it's gone. as i said it was a racer. i will get the pic of the k-member as soon as i can. the rear has 4.11's and suregriip. so from what i've heard it's time to find a honda. ugh. rice! lol but i will try. the problem is if the car goes into storage it has to go out side. dad's garage.... more trouble. and you guys are right eventually it will need total resto. Thanks FABO guys.

most of us here have way more in our cars than we could ever get out of em. Great hobby.
Small Block .....and don't call me .....GALEN
One of the best lines of text I have read all year...... Nice job Galen, um, i mean Small Block!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

wow guys. i def found the right place to post. and to beepah i'm sorry. 3k is def too low. the problem with a fender tag is that it's gone. as i said it was a racer. i will get the pic of the k-member as soon as i can. the rear has 4.11's and suregriip. so from what i've heard it's time to find a honda. ugh. rice! lol but i will try. the problem is if the car goes into storage it has to go out side. dad's garage.... more trouble. and you guys are right eventually it will need total resto. Thanks FABO guys.

My compliments for being mature enough to take the the input from the group without getting offended. There is a ton of experience here.

With that being said, the rust, no tag, and non originial condition hurt the value a bit. The speed parts help, but only to the RIGHT person.

Stash it, even outside with a premium car cover. Shed or Carport an option?

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back