72 demon 340 resto

-
holy crap!!!!!!!!! i got my price quote back to remove the pits in my center console top(a thin strp about 4" long+some in the ash tray} 700.00. NO THANKS. thats just pits. no chrome. lol.
i don t know what i ll do yet, but i know i can get a whole repop top for 500. i was kinda trying to do some homework and see if i could drill them and solder them myself. any reccomendations?????

awhile back i found a replacement right rear wheel lip moulding for the set i bought a long time ago from layson's. its an original and was kinda rough, so i spent a lot of time sanding and polishing that one piece so it looked as good as the others from the kit. long story short...right before i painted the car i mocked up the rears and was gonna drill the holes and i went in the attic and got the """FRONTS""' down to do the same only to find that they weren t fronts at all........they were swinger rears...that sucked. so i found a nice original set of fronts from a member and spent this morning sanding and polishing. lol

lol hemimark. thats right.
i don t think i ever posted any picks of what my demon looked like back in its hotrod prime. while it was still wearing its 70s clothes. i got these picks from the guy i got it from the day he found it in hibernation since '80
i believe the cat in the bottom pic is the original owner's brother who ended up with it long ago and stuffed it in an old building

Attachments

• 72 340 Demon in storage.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 947
  • 72Demon3.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 956
  • DemonDaycare.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 919
i painted all the inlays on my dog dish hubcaps today. what a pain. took me a little minute to figure out the best way to do it, but once i figured out how to wipe the excess off it went pretty smooth. i shined them up over a year ago, i just haven t had time to finish them til now. i m slowly running out of projects i can take with me to work when i m slow. i guess thats a good thing but i need more cash to buy glass and tires. i ll post some pics of the hubcaps soon.

i painted all the inlays on my dog dish hubcaps today. what a pain. took me a little minute to figure out the best way to do it, but once i figured out how to wipe the excess off it went pretty smooth. i shined them up over a year ago, i just haven t had time to finish them til now. i m slowly running out of projects i can take with me to work when i m slow. i guess thats a good thing but i need more cash to buy glass and tires. i ll post some pics of the hubcaps soon.

I hear you..... i need to prioritize what I'm buying and installing!

i recovered the front buckets this weekend and painted all the parts for them. turned out good. that was my first set of buckets i ve done. the listing wires were kinda tricky on the first one, but once i got it figured out....it wasn t too bad. i also painted the headliner and sail panels covers. i know just text is boring, so i ll try to post some pics soon.

heres some pics. i think i m gonna take my dash to work to see what i can do with that.

Attachments

• 103_3193.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 865
  • 103_3195.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 842
they re originals. i just spent forever sanding and polishing and painting. lol. they do make repops that are really nice tho.i just couldn t bring myself to pay the coin they wanted for them.

they re originals. i just spent forever sanding and polishing and painting. lol. they do make repops that are really nice tho.i just couldn t bring myself to pay the coin they wanted for them.

How did you paint the black around the outsides? Just with a small paint brush and a lot of patience?

no. i put some black trim paint in a mini spray gun,,,,lightly sprayed it. let it dry. minute or two. then took a hard square rubber spongy block and dipped it in laquer thinner and wiped across the tops of the ribs of the hupcap to remove the extra paint. then just wiped and cleaned excess off with a soft cloth and thinner. lot of work but once you do the first cap and get a system down.....you can fly through the other three.

well this week i took my whole dash assembly to work and started on that. i got it torn down and the frame painted. then i stripped all the plastic cluster pieces down with oven cleaner. i was leary of this but it worked awesome. didn t hurt the plastic and took everything down to raw plastic in less than an hour. i took the parts to my vacuum metalizing shop that did my other cluster ten years ago.......they won t do small loose one time parts anymore. more production, more production, more production. dicks.
so now i gotta figure out something with those parts.

a couple weeks ago the plater that had my console pieces called and said 700 to get all the pits out of my ash tray and what not. no way . so i tell him to just give me a price for the chrome work and i would figure out what to do with the pits. he said he d call when he got it back and could give me an accurate price.
he called wednsday and says they re done. say what?? 200 bucks. he delivered them friday and they actually turned out really nice and he must have fixed some of the pits and the ash tray don t look too bad either. better than spending 550 for repop set. i can live with some of the small blems. so score one for me.

Attachments

• 103_3203.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 775
VERY interesting build ....i also have a 72 demon and i like what your doing here

thanks all. i appreciate it. i m gonna try to get some more stuff done today on it.

got the console put back together minus the woodgrain, and put the headliner and accessories back in.

lol hemimark. thats right.
i don t think i ever posted any picks of what my demon looked like back in its hotrod prime. while it was still wearing its 70s clothes. i got these picks from the guy i got it from the day he found it in hibernation since '80
i believe the cat in the bottom pic is the original owner's brother who ended up with it long ago and stuffed it in an old building

I love that hood scoop! Wish they had it in 1965!

got the fuel and underbody brake lines ran yesterday. also got the heater box installed along with the firewall insulation.

well I m still slowly working on it when I get time. I got my hood tach all refinished this week. spent a lot of time sanding and polishing the original lense and housing. I had a new mopar parts sticker and a black and white face made to make it look more like the high end mopar tach.
I also started assembling the front end. still need a few bushings, lines, etc. but its coming. I put the springs in and am almost ready to throw the rear in and put it on the ground. I need tires still I think I m gonna run 15s up front now even tho I already have a set of 14s painted....I think I ll have a better selection of tires that way. I ve already got a set ready to pick up from my buddy at the nats. I m also hoping to get my glass coming from AMD.

Attachments

• 103_3213.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 646
  • 103_3215.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 642
  • 103_3212.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 615
  • 103_3059.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 657
just got back from the mopar nats. I got a whole pile of new stuff.
rebuilt gearbox
booster and master cylinder
more front suspension parts
another set of 15" front wheels
underdash heat duct tubes
340 fender emblems
some bezels mirror and antenna
u bolts
other small odds and ends
overall my family and I had a great time and met some really nice people.

its on the ground. It took me forever to figure out what I wanted for tires, but the answer was in front of me the whole time. I went with newer style mickeys. once I went with the 15 fronts it opened the window for these slick babies. they weren t cheap but they are exactly what I ve wanted. I love the tread. I took the hood to work with me a couple weeks ago and got that sprayed. I painted the stripes on just cause I think it looks better than a mismatched hodge podge stripe/paint package. I started putting the carpet down and the dash is ready to go in as well as the seats and trim.

Attachments

• 103_3228.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 577
  • 103_3226.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 566
underhood shot. gotta get the air cleaner for the blower replated.

Attachments

• 103_3231.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 580
  • 103_3232.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 587
-
Back