72 Demon Restoration

-
Just found this post too, have same combo as Rob, with white side/rear stripes, white interior and white vinyl roof. Auto. Since I'm just north of ND, and just east of Sask., I would be interested in seeing if the build #s are close. Have to chk my b/c when I get home

Nice project Darryl. She's a beaut.

Grant

looks like a sweet car. i would also like to hear more about the other demon you had with the gimpie roof! i can help with the steering wheel if you need a good one. i have a couple.

Here is the story of the gimpie roof car. In the summer of 1972 at the age of 19, I traded off my 71 Dart Swinger 318 auto car for a brand new 1972 340 4 barrel 4 speed B3 blue Dodge Dart Demon. For some unknown reason I decided I should drive the wheels off of it, and so I did. This car went like Jack the Bear, don't know what gears it had, but it sure was fun. I lived 10 miles from the Montana border and made many trips across the line. A little to fast on a gravel road, hit the ditch and the pictures tell the rest of the story. It was a write off so got my insurance and spent the next 34 years of my life wanting my B3 Demon back. The only piece of it that I have is the left hand mirror, that I salvaged from the ditch in Montana. I plan on using it on my new project, along with a personalized plate that says:
"19 AGIN". :burnout:

CCF25112009_00000 reshape24.JPG

demon reshape2.JPG

CCF01122009_00000bus24.JPG

What wheels are supposed to be on it? I have a set of 14" Ralleys with the chrome trim rings and the 1972 only center caps. All in small bolt pattern. PM me if interested. I will cut you a good deal because it is to relive your dream car.

Here is the story of the gimpie roof car. In the summer of 1972 at the age of 19, I traded off my 71 Dart Swinger 318 auto car for a brand new 1972 340 4 barrel 4 speed B3 blue Dodge Dart Demon. For some unknown reason I decided I should drive the wheels off of it, and so I did. This car went like Jack the Bear, don't know what gears it had, but it sure was fun. I lived 10 miles from the Montana border and made many trips across the line. A little to fast on a gravel road, hit the ditch and the pictures tell the rest of the story. It was a write off so got my insurance and spent the next 34 years of my life wanting my B3 Demon back. The only piece of it that I have is the left hand mirror, that I salvaged from the ditch in Montana. I plan on using it on my new project, along with a personalized plate that says:
"19 AGIN". :burnout:

man what a shame. there appears to be many parts that were salvageable from it why on the mirror? scoop looks good to me from what i can see of it..funny back then it was a write off. in todays market some would just put a new roof on it , fix the fenders and front clip and go....

My Demon and my Bro-in-laws build #'s are about 350,000 before this one.

My Demon and my Bro-in-laws build #'s are about 350,000 before this one.

The numbers are a little deceiving the was only about 128,539 demon ever made but I believe the dodge vin sequence numbers were included with all the darts as well.

Interesting tidbit of information. On our Demon's the only # that is different is the last #. Mine is 2 his is 3.

Took my engine over to machine shop, for them to start rebuilding and have talked to a couple of body shops around Saskatoon, can anybody from Sask. refer me to a good body shop around Saskatoon? Have been buying a couple of parts off of this Forum and found everyone to be very helpful. Thanks again, DB :burnout:

OH man, must be nice to have another Demon like the one you crased so many years ago. I am excited for you. I wish I could get my 69 Z/28 back I used to have, but its totally restored and if it ever comes up for sale I'll never be able to afford it.

When I removed the drivers seat from the duster parts car there was the second build sheet to my demon, not much left of it but still some readable numbers. Got my engine back from machine shop last week, an car is off to body shop next week!!

:burnout:

P2170020.jpg

P2170021.jpg

That's going to be a sweet resto. TB3 Super Blue NICE. I always wanted a 340 Demon. Cool!

Here is an update of the 72 Demon Restoration. Took the body as shown in the pictures, to the body shop at Warman, Sk. A fellow by the name of Byron who came highly recommended by Tracey, the guy with the 70 Hemi Cuda, says he would love to tackle this restoration. The brown door is an original to the car, so hope he can use it. He will do all of the body work and I will do the mechanical work. I have my motor back from the machine shop, transmission will be back this week, and all suspension parts have been powder coated. So all is going along well. Darryl

P3160023.jpg

P3160024.jpg

P3160025.jpg

P3160026.jpg

P3160027.jpg

i think petty blue is an awesome color for these cars. it just looks right. congrats and, good luck on your build!

that body looks like it came from western VA, or NC. this car should be a fairly easy build!

I went to the saskatoon car show on the weekend so had to get an update on my car at the bodyshop.It all seems fine. No big suprises!

The 70 cuda is a real one restored by the same body shop.

P4020049.jpg

P4020050.jpg

P4020051.jpg

P4020045.jpg

Looks cool !!! keep me posted, there are a lot of my parts going on your baby.. Mike

That is going to be one VERY nice car when finished!
That was a good find & nice to see a TB3 car being done- I think it's the best color on these cars.

Rick

Went to Saskatoon to check on the progress of my car last Friday. This is what I found. All the body panels hung back on, except for front fenders which were sent out to have lizard skin put on bottom, bumpers have been test fit, and this thing is looking good. I took up a 72 dart swinger, which he will use for misc parts. The big news is I should be able to do one burn out by late September, and that will be exciting. Pictures are not the best, don't know what went wrong.

P6110110.jpg

P6110111.jpg

P6110112.jpg

P6110113.jpg

P6110114.jpg

P6110115.jpg

Can't wait to see this one.. Looking great so far. As far as the pictures, I think it's drool on the lens :)

Grant

-
Back