72 Scamp and 440 Work in Progress

-
Goddamn,there's assembled horsepower,on that engine stand! Nice job,S.T.....

Ok updatel.... I got my subframe connectors done just bolt in for now... Since im getting ready to install motor I cut the exits for the headers... I painted the engine bay 2 years ago but after 2 years of climbing in and out and dust and dirt it looked sad. so that got redone.

Attachments

• enginebay3.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 436
  • enginebay2.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 453
  • carpic.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 461
  • carpic2.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 469
There you go...... at it again making me look bad!! hahaha Keep at it. A little here and there and soon you will be having to ditch the police!! Lol

Hey what about our bet Josh?My trans is in,I don,t see yours?:bootysha:Glad to see you getting some stuff done though.LOL:D

Motor and trans is sort of in. Got an issue with the poly mounts. The lip on driverside is pinned against the steering box mount.

Attachments

• engine in.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 440
  • engine mount.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 415
Way to go Josh,atleast you got it sitting in there now.You can do bits with hooking everything up now.Don,t be shy asking for help with anything along the way. ; )

It seemed to be one thing after another getting this in. I bought the wrong size converter bolts turns out they are chevy sized 3/8. Then the issue with the mount. All trying to wrestle all this stuff on my own. But its fun.

A good prybar is a must beside any toolbox.If you put some tension on the chain with it hooked up to the hoist and shake like a madman,it may just drop in place.It,s worked for me in the past LOL.:D

After a few rounds of pulling it up to clearance. I GOT IT!
See,a little advise goes along way.Now you might have to lift it up and down again to fit the fenderwell hedders.Some things need abit of massaging to work.Engine looks good sitting in there!:glasses7:

Looks awesome!! Not sure, but I think the fenderwall headers have to go in first, then put the engine in....

Naw i cant work on it during the week. When i get home in the am i have my little one to watch while my wife goes to school so weekends only.

Great time management. You are making,some serious acheivement.

Funny thing getting that in. It was close i mean close. so I got on top and started jumping on it. My boy says dad i dont think that part is in your book. I said nope were writing our own.

Kinda funny. Sometimes you apply force as needed.
Kinda like this.

Attachments

• tractor bending axle.jpg
    168.1 KB · Views: 363
Getting the crap kicked outta me by a set of headers. Almost got the drive side tubes hooked up. Have to unhook one to get the other one in. One big circle jerk if ya ask me but im getting there. also had my daughters 3rd birthday party so not much car time.

Ah the joys of fenderwell hedders.Atleast you,ll know how to get them on/off and in/out once your done LoL.

-
Back