72 Scamp and 440 Work in Progress

-
Lol yup! I just ordered studs. I think it will make it easier getting the gasket and the tubes in. Plus the header bolts i bought dont seem to engage the head much less then 1/2" id like more.

thats a lot of coolness that will be sticking out from under the hood..I like it!

Little update here. Studs arrived yesterday so i wanted to try them out! lot nicer IMO. I had to use sort of combo between header bolts and studs. as you my see. better fit.

So I lied Scott i do work on it sometimes during the week. A photo of my helper.

Yes it is Speed thats exactly what I wanted.

Attachments

• headers.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 442
  • headers2.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 431
  • headers3.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 454
you may have already mentioned this, but what are those bucket seats out of?

Dodge Neon I believe they are 95-98. Mount with a peice of angle iron in the front and 2 1/2 pedastals in the rear. Driver fits very well. Pass needed a bit more work but ok. Sits just a tick taller then the driver side.

Dodge Neon I believe they are 95-98. Mount with a peice of angle iron in the front and 2 1/2 pedastals in the rear. Driver fits very well. Pass needed a bit more work but ok. Sits just a tick taller then the driver side.

cool.. thanks for the info

Hey Josh,after looking at pics(daughter,s a sweetie)you might want to get a master cyl. sheild to prevent heating up the master cyl.I also use Dot 5 fluid(high temp silicone fluid)which won,t eat paint when bleeding or working on your brake lines.Good luck.

P.S I figured you,d be out fiddlin with the car more than just weekends.LOL:D

[ame=http://s667.photobucket.com/albums/vv39/eaglesguy1981j/?action=view&current=photobucket-18030-1367183858205_zps685b56a5.mp4]
th_photobucket-18030-1367183858205_zps685b56a5.jpg
[/ame]

How about video? This weekend i got the headers all done up and collectors on. Battery mounted in the rear, ground ran and the main line run up to the engine bay. Got the wiper motor installed. IVE GOT POWER

Lol you didnt watch the video did ya Scott! Thats a video there click on it. I was the ONLY one excited most my kids and wife were uninthused.. But my youngest who LOVES to pretend drive it thought it was the greatest thing.

OK just watched video...Cool! You need to open a Youtube account and add vids,then I can subscribe and see your vids everytime you update vids.(I,ll get notices you,ve added vids.)I,m not a big fan of photobucket.JMO

Actually no I had power to both the red and the black which is why i called you back. What it was there is a some type of junction box by the driver side kick panel area with a 3 wire plug i had that hooked up wrong.

Little update. Pulleys arrived today. So did the alt but bracket has not. Put both pulleys on got the intake bolted down but im missing 2 intake bolts so i need to get those.

Attachments

• intake on.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 351
Alternator in I believe i got the wiring right. Dark blue to the top and dark green on the side then the black terminal. The MSD box is just roughed in right now. Im finding myself not having the heart to cut the wires from the box shorter. Hate when people cut them way to short. any tips on containing the wiring?

Attachments

• ignition.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 364
  • alternator2.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 332
  • alternator.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 341
'm wiring in my ignition box, coil and other things. Im not trying for the hidden wires but would like whats there to be neat and contained. I struggle with cutting them. You can see I have the coil mounted close to the box, the power wire done have far to go. Also in the photo is my 12v key on power.

Do I dare trim these wires back? Ive always hated pulling a radio to find out someone else had been there and cut the wires so damn short you cant do nothing with them. Thoughts? Attached Images
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

I usually run spacers,under my MSD's. Looks like you do. Enough room to raise the box a little,to tuck the wires underneath?

Moved the coil, got the temp and oil gauge run. more wiring on the msd box. Working on the radiator and fan. Trying to come up with a solution to mount it.

Attachments

• kyrie and car.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 294
  • fan.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 288
  • fan2.jpg
    125.6 KB · Views: 329
  • fan3.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 296
-
Back