72 Scamp and 440 Work in Progress

-
More progress... Starter is in and wired, radiator and fan is in. Fan did fit with some trimming of the shroud.

Attachments

• fan4.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 386
  • fan5.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 379
  • fan6.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 403
  • engine2.jpg
    115 KB · Views: 383
  • engine3.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 376
The one thing that concerns me Josh is those long bolts through the radiator might rub a hole in the tubes.

You may be right! Ill look for nylon bolts couldnt find them local. But made sure that only the smooth shoulders of the bolts were between so no treads in there rubbing.

embed

Damn,hate that. Hopefully you get the ignition box sorted out. Might take Crackedback,on his offer.

Well the box was good all along. I had a connection that was bad. Once i got all that fixed well the distributor is bad. So trying to source the parts locally for this weekend or another distributor.

Josh,I see your chrome flexable upper rad hose(I also HAD one),which I tossed a few years back for a regular rad hose.Last month I watched a 67 Camaro RS/SS hit the wall at the topend of the track,due to his flexable chrome upper rad hose blowing off(see pic)Just something to think about for your own safety.
View attachment Trashed Camaro.jpg

Josh,I see your chrome flexable upper rad hose(I also HAD one),which I tossed a few years back for a regular rad hose.Last month I watched a 67 Camaro RS/SS hit the wall at the topend of the track,due to his flexable chrome upper rad hose blowing off(see pic)Just something to think about for your own safety.
View attachment 1714624042

Lol you know it! Its only there temp. I got a real one for the bottom. I dont really care much for them but i got it now so gonna use it till i get a regular one soon. Pay day tomorrow but cant find anywhere local with my module i need. So it may wait till next weekend.

3 years to get to this point. 3 flipping years! Ive been though a lot In 3 years personally and with this car. This was a big win for me [ame]http://youtu.be/5RZHetQJ8bc[/ame]

Well it happend to be the jackass that hooked it all up. I had a bad connection to the coil where i had to splice the wires to reach the coil. Then after that good spark to the coil but nothing out of the distributor. So i tore that apart lubed it and ordered a new module which seem to work cuz it ran.

I had a issue the SS hose kept popping off and it was getting hot. I didn't have my fans hooked up yet just a box fan so that's next. no visiabal leaks.. Had a little brown foam in the radiator. Im assuming that things weren't quite sealed up from the start. Too busy watching the cooling system and dodging the smoke in my face. But damn it felt good.

8'seconds!??? Lol. Damn that sounded bad ***!!! Need more, with a few revs in there lol. Seriously tho, congrats on gettin her running. She sounds like a beast

Wow !! That is bad *** josh . Glad to see the beast is alive . I thank your going to pass me at this point . Lol

Congrats man. I've been following your build for quite a while.

-
Back