72 Scamp and 440 Work in Progress

-
Damn im getting closer with this tune. Sitting at about 20* inital and 36ish on the total. So my distributor is curved right! Also talking with Tony in chat about instant smoke when firing it up. I thought of blow by since the rings probably arent seated yet. Sure nuff all the valve cover bolts were loose and i think it was coming out from under them. Seemed to be pretty uniform on both sides. After tighting it seemed to go away. Still got exhaust fumes but i think thats coming up from the open headers.

Damn im getting closer with this tune. Sitting at about 20* inital and 36ish on the total. So my distributor is curved right! Also talking with Tony in chat about instant smoke when firing it up. I thought of blow by since the rings probably arent seated yet. Sure nuff all the valve cover bolts were loose and i think it was coming out from under them. Seemed to be pretty uniform on both sides. After tighting it seemed to go away. Still got exhaust fumes but i think thats coming up from the open headers.

Open headers will do that lol :D Glad its coming along Josh :thumblef:

Kinda needy there scott. Actually been tough money wise, wife going back to school so are the kids so lots of money going out lol. I am getting my front clip ready body work wise. With robs help ive done some tuning BIG BIG difference hitting the throttle makes me wanna throw up.

Attachments

• pic.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 561
I couldn't get it in the shot very well.. she even had her baby buckled in the back seat. She likes it now that its got exhaust on it.

Attachments

• pic2.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 552
Killer build Josh! I cant wait to sit down and go through more pages I only had time for 7! Cute kid to haha. Thanks for not hating on my BB swap idea but I do appreciate the thread, as more of a newbie mechanic I think I will stick to the SB stroker after seeing your build. but you inspired me to one day go BB with it though! keep up the good work don't listen to haters, love makes no sense, and this my friend is certainly a labour of love! :thumblef:

Well I did get the head gasket changed out.. Changed out plugs and wires much cleaner install this time around. Exhaust redone sounds better and things seem to seal better. Hood sandblasted need to cut the hole and primer it. I have a leak at the flange and backing plate I took them apart and silicone them not sure if that stopped it or not. Spent all weekend cleaning and organizing the garage which was much needed. 6 55gal bags of trash and other **** I didnt need.

You asked for progress well here it is. Got the hood cut and it fits. Need to go back and do some body work and ready to primer.

Attachments

• hoodd.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 439
  • hoodd2.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 447
  • hoodd3.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 446
Hey Josh,nice job on the hood.Looking forward to your progress over the winter season.Spring is just around the corner.:burnout:

Lets see who reads this!

Primering the front end parts... Ive got the fenders, hood springs, hood latch, grill filler piece, hood. Am i missing anything? Not doing it till tomorrow as to not rush myself. Going with coat of epoxy followed by few coats of 2k.

Lets see who reads this!

Primering the front end parts... Ive got the fenders, hood springs, hood latch, grill filler piece, hood. Am i missing anything? Not doing it till tomorrow as to not rush myself. Going with coat of epoxy followed by few coats of 2k.
Got your hinges and body shims?

Lets see who reads this!

What about the hood?:D

Body shims are hidden dont plan to paint them. Just going over in my head if i left anything out is all. The hood is in there Scott.

Got the underside of the hood done and bumper and odds and ends. I was able to get the underside of hood, bumper, hood hinges, grill filler pieces done. Turned out pretty good not bad for my first attempt at BC/CC system.

Attachments

• clear.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 312
  • Clear2.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 335
-
Back