72 Scamp and 440 Work in Progress

-
New progess I got my primer laid down. Shot 2 coats of epoxy over the engine bay, and cowl area. My first attempt at shooting anything it say I didnt do to bad. Some runs but I can fix that. New suspension on the way in.

Attachments

• engine bay2.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 866
  • engine bay3.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 849
  • engine bay1.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 856
Looks great, Josh. Primer is supposed to go on thick and wet anyway.

Epoxy primer is supposed to go on thin not thick. It should be fine,but you may have a bit of a job trying to sand runs out of epoxy.

actually I layed down 2 coats of epoxy then 2 coats of 2k primer. I plan to sand it down again shoot the 2k again then sand then topcoat

Great progress on the build!!! I agree with Scott, you picked an EXCELLENT color!!! Keep it up and keep the pics and updates coming =P~

Thanks I made alot of progress these last few days. Im working hard I got new front suspension parts and BB K frame to go in

Its been fun I have gotten quite a bit done. Its really nice to see color. Now need to get to work on some other dire areas.

Ok putting the front end back together. Trying to be careful and not scratch the engine bay. I got the LCA and UCA in last night got the spindles put together and they are Installed and pinned. Need to work on the tie rod and centerlink next. It took way longer to get this far then I thought it would but you always run into something or a snag.

Yes in this photo its backwards but I have changed it to the right way.

Attachments

• frontend3.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 826
Well worked all day today. Got the front suspension just about done. Driver side torsion bar went in good but the passanger side gave me fits. Had to undo my pass side LCA to get some play and pound it in. The rotors on new bearings packed. I also got my idler arm in I left the center link out for now as I was crawling around in the engine bay and the centerlink was in the way. I need to get some front tires ordered

Attachments

• 456.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 803
  • 454.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 834
Well worked all day today. Got the front suspension just about done. Driver side torsion bar went in good but the passanger side gave me fits. Had to undo my pass side LCA to get some play and pound it in. The rotors on new bearings packed. I also got my idler arm in I left the center link out for now as I was crawling around in the engine bay and the centerlink was in the way. I need to get some front tires ordered
You sure you got the right and left in the right whole...one is slightly larger than the other...I did the same the first time...892/893 were written on the end of them along with R/L...good luck...Eric

I had them on the correct sides the passenger side just didn’t go very well. I have some things to stop and get tonight and will hopefully finish up the front end tonight. I would really love to get things thing rolled out and turned around and start on the floor and the rear. Just a thought though should I go ahead and tighten up everything with the suspension? Right now I just have most things a few threads started but was going to bolt it all up any problems with that?

Minor set back today. I should have put the strut rods in before I put the torsion bars and LCA in. Went to try and put the strut rods in and guess what it doesnt fit that way. So I had to take it back apart and put the strut rods in then the rest of it back together. But learning and making progress

Minor set back today. I should have put the strut rods in before I put the torsion bars and LCA in. Went to try and put the strut rods in and guess what it doesnt fit that way. So I had to take it back apart and put the strut rods in then the rest of it back together. But learning and making progress
Isn't it fun.....8)

Not much progress last night. I did get the strut rods both in. Also got everything in the steering tight and pinned and greased. Just need shocks and tires and the front end is done.

Ok a bit of an update. The front end is done. New wheels and tires are on.

I started on the floor today and going at a snail pace. Im just replacing the drive side because about 2/3rds of the pass looks pretty good. got most the driverside cut out

Attachments

• Front done.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 736
  • Front end done2.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 745
  • front end done3.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 731
Looks nice and clean.....keep up the good work......8)

Thats exactly the look im after. Im not doing a nuts and bolts resto but cleaning and restoring what I have and buying things I cant reuse. Its a slow process but I figure if I can do the car in chunks starting the front since its probably the most expensive and working my way back.

-
Back