72 Scamp and 440 Work in Progress

-
Just a reminder of where I started. Ive come pretty far. What I like most about this build is that for the most part I’m doing it by myself with the help of a few online friends. Before I started this I knew how to do basic stuff but this really is testing my thinking process and skills. But with books and online tools it not hard to find the right information. I work at a snails pace but this is a learning curve for me and I love every second of it. It’s a satisfaction when I finish one part that it gives me the balls to start on something else. But I promise after this build is done I know Ill have a solid car built by me and jealous friends lol.

http://s667.photobucket.com/albums/vv39/eaglesguy1981j/?action=view&current=bd93c1e3.pbw

Lookin good Josh. Now ain't you glad you kept the thing?

Lookin good :supz:the slow turtle always make it to the end.

Well after a month long break. Due to work holidays and LIFE. I got back in the garage today. Too me a bit to get me bearings on where I left off. But I dug right in.

I decided to take the floor and lay the whole thing down. I'm sort of stuck on the back part that goes up in the back. Im unsure on how it comes out. It looks to me like there is a little cavity between where the trunk floor comes down and rear seat mount meet. Anyone have any Ideas?

Attachments

• 044.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 716
  • 046.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 708
  • 047.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 696
  • 048.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 713
  • 049.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 709
Update:

Old floor is out. Had to rest after I finished the floor start fresh tomorrow. I need to get everything cleaned up and clean all the rust out. Then seal it. Then lay the new floor in.

Any helpful tips to getting the old floor in?

Update:

Old floor is out. Had to rest after I finished the floor start fresh tomorrow. I need to get everything cleaned up and clean all the rust out. Then seal it. Then lay the new floor in.

Any helpful tips to getting the old floor in?
All I can say is that I have seen them stitch weld the new one in and use seam sealer on all of the seems...I have also seen them use roll on bedliner to coat the entire floor when complete...I hope this helps some

Lookin good Josh. You're a braver man than I.

keep pluggin away josh, looks great. Hopefully more pics tonite?

Yep more pics tonight. Im hoping that I can get to the point where the floor is ready to set in tonight. I'm waiting on my new wire to show up. But Ill get it done. Im only going to primer the areas that I cant get to. The other areas will wait till the floor is in and I can do it all at once.

Should I leave primer or coat with my Body color? How do yall do your floor and interior colors the same as the body?

Yep more pics tonight. Im hoping that I can get to the point where the floor is ready to set in tonight. I'm waiting on my new wire to show up. But Ill get it done. Im only going to primer the areas that I cant get to. The other areas will wait till the floor is in and I can do it all at once.

Should I leave primer or coat with my Body color? How do yall do your floor and interior colors the same as the body?
M2C...Josh is to roll in some of that duplicolor bed liner stuff...water proof...sound deading...and check if it can be top coated with paint...the factory did the floor interior color...but when you carpet it and you can't see who cares?

M2C...Josh is to roll in some of that duplicolor bed liner stuff...water proof...sound deading...and check if it can be top coated with paint...the factory did the floor interior color...but when you carpet it and you can't see who cares?

I was refering to the whole interior shell if that should be body color?

I was refering to the whole interior shell if that should be body color?
Other than the floor I say yes...my interior was changed from a bad shade of red to black...when I pull the dash out and the plastic trim I still see that bad looking red..

So I got off early today because of the snow. So I took to the garage early. I grabbed my hat, face shield and grinder and went to town. Once I was happy with the results of removing the rust and scale. I went over it with some heavy Rustoleum Rusty metal primer. Once I got that done I read the can "May be Recoated or top coated after dry approx 24hrs" So nothing like watching paint dry ehh. You will see i only primered certain areas. Once I get the new floor totally done. I will strip the entire inside metal down and lay a epoxy.

Tomorrow before darts im going to hit it again with grey primer. I'm confident this will protect the precious metal underneith and also provide a solid foundation to the floor. I didnt get crazy with looks here because honestly WHO IS EVER GOING TO SEE THIS PART AGAIN?

Attachments

• Floor primered.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 605
  • floor primered2.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 605
Also if you are reading this POST UP I like the encourgement. This site got me started and provides a daily slew of information for me to research. I appreciate everything this site has to offer and a few friends I have made along the way.

work done today. I got the floor in and lined up pretty good. Problem is getting all the holes to fit flush so I can weld.

I have a few questions with some of the holes its going to be impossible that I get them flush enough to weld. Would a combo of welding screws and rivets work ? I want to make sure its done right but. Not to metion some of the holes on the donor pan are HUGE.

Attachments

• new floor in2.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 588
  • new floor in3.jpg
    112.3 KB · Views: 583
Yes I agree. I’ve gotten a lot of help from guys on here. Just with knowledge but I’ve done all the work myself. I wanted this type of build because I wanted to learn and say yep I built that. Tonight I will finish the welding and put the sealer in. My welds may not be pretty but who is ever going to see right?

-
Back