72 Scamp and 440 Work in Progress

-
Yep first build... But Really its like fitting a puzzle but you have to trim the peices to fit lol. Reading and asking questions is how I got this far.

Yep first build... But Really its like fitting a puzzle but you have to trim the peices to fit lol. Reading and asking questions is how I got this far.

You have done a good job. So when will it be finished so I can drool over it.

Im thinking maybe next summer hoping that is.. I got a good vision on it but just need to get bustin hump.

What you are waiting on Josh???? I would be working on something right now if I could.If you get it done i will start on a paper mache' car.

Well after yard work. I got in the garage. I got the rear areas all patched from moving tubs. Need to do the fronts yet. My metal experience is about 0 but its not coming along too bad I dont think. I got some work to do in the trunk lots of surface rust and a few holes to patch

Attachments

• Wheel tubs1.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 585
  • wheel tubs2.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 578
  • wheel tubs3.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 574
  • Wheel tubs4.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 573
  • wheel tubs5.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 579
It looks fine to me, Josh. the only thing I would do differently would be instead of making so many spot welds, I would weld about an inch or so at the time. But if that's how you're comfortable doing it, there ain't not one thing wrong with that. Looks great man. You're doin a good job. Aren't you glad you kept it?

It looks fine to me, Josh. the only thing I would do differently would be instead of making so many spot welds, I would weld about an inch or so at the time. But if that's how you're comfortable doing it, there ain't not one thing wrong with that. Looks great man. You're doin a good job. Aren't you glad you kept it?

I like the spot weld method really. If I get in trouble I only have to grind one spot and then redo rather then a bead. Plus im not a small person so fitting in the trunk is a bit of a stretch.

I believe I will be taking the entire trunk area down to bare metal. Have a few spots to patch. Hope there isnt anything wrong with patching. I plan to cut out the bad and weld new in.

Looking good sorry I forgot to comment on your mini tub.

New wheels and tires look nice. I got the mini tub complere I just need to get it all sealed with sealer. But the tires and wheels look great. They are 28x13.5 15s.

Attachments

• rear wheels4.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 554
  • rear wheels3.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 546
  • rear wheels2.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 566
  • rear wheels.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 542
Wow its been awhile since ive posted. But still plugging away.

Attachments

• dana2.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 619
  • Dana.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 514
well I have been hard at it the last 3 days. Trying to move on from this spring relocation. Its been fun... I got the rear holes done and tacked in. The boxes are ready but I need to find someone who welds better then I.. Wont be long now.

Question for those reading... If I hang the rear and use the perches and bolt them can I move the car that way? I will weld later just not ready yet.

Attachments

• Rear hole.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 468
  • rear hole2.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 486
  • rear hole3.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 478
Question for those reading... If I hang the rear and use the perches and bolt them can I move the car that way? I will weld later just not ready yet.

'Tramp,
Are you talking about just bolting the springs to the axles without welding the spring perches to the axles? If that is what you mean, I think that if you are doing it just so the car is mobile so you can move it around, that shoud be fine. The worst thing that could happen is that the axle tube rotates with respect to the spring, but if nothing else is hooked up (e.g. brake lines) it won't hurt anything if it moves. L8r

Jim

'Tramp,
Are you talking about just bolting the springs to the axles without welding the spring perches to the axles? If that is what you mean, I think that if you are doing it just so the car is mobile so you can move it around, that shoud be fine. The worst thing that could happen is that the axle tube rotates with respect to the spring, but if nothing else is hooked up (e.g. brake lines) it won't hurt anything if it moves. L8r

Jim

Yes thats exactly what im looking to do. Just to have the car able to roll.

All I got to say is DONE and its about time

Attachments

• spring relocation.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 426
  • spring relocation2.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 434
Quarter panel. Anyone know the manufacture I only saw this sticker.

Attachments

• quarter.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 415
  • quarter2.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 432
-
Back