72 Scamp and 440 Work in Progress

-
It,s about time you got crackin on this build LOL!I wanna see a pile of EMPTY boxes,not a pile of parts in boxes waiting to be put on the car.Once you get going you won,t want to stop,keep at it!:D

UPDATE.

Started on the rear quarter. Going pretty good actually. I got some clean up work behind the old one. The quarter is just a test fit for now. But its real damn close to being perfect.

Attachments

• quarter3.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 610
  • quarter4.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 617
  • quarter5.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 611
UPDATE.

Started on the rear quarter. Going pretty good actually. I got some clean up work behind the old one. The quarter is just a test fit for now. But its real damn close to being perfect.

'Tramp,
Looks vaguely familiar!! LOL

Guessing the tape line is where you plan to cut, your cutting a little lower than I did on mine. I counted the tack welds across the top of mine the other night (no, don't ask me why)..........396 and still have a long way to go. Been side tracked a little bit here lately, but back at her soon. L8r

Jim

Actually just came in from working on it. Got the quarter back off and cleaning up the back side of things. found a rust spot im not happy about but the fix doesnt look to bad.

Wow havent updated this in awhile.

I did get the driver side quarter on. Got welded and started blending the area. It didnt turn out half bad really. FED Ex just dropped of the Passanger side along with trunk extention. Expect some updates this week as I have next week off.

Attachments

• quarterrear.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 591
  • rear quarter.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 577
  • rear quarter2.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 584
This week between being sick and a little vacation time I got the pass side done. Im really glad I went AMD. Stuff fits nuff said. The quarter patch took some triming to get it to fit right but once I did it was damn close.

Attachments

• quarter new.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 553
  • new work4.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 549
  • new work3.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 549
  • new work2.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 558
  • new work.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 554
I got 1 more spot on the trunk floor to fix. Then Im going to strip down the trunk floor and primer. I do have some pitting in the spare tire well. What do yall recommend using to prevent any further and maybe save whats there?

Thanks for the words of encouragement Cliff I need that. Its tough sometimes getting time to get things DONE. Glad someone is reading my thread.

Nice progress! I am gonna start to watch for this thread!
I have a '75 Scamp that I plan on going with a 383 I have.
Keep up the good work!!!

Thanks for answering that. Im thinking about that scott. I sure would like to save it. I believe it can be with careful work.

just went thru the whole thread. very nice work. welds look amazing. very nice job.

Boy were these a son of **** to get in. I could tell they were engauged just a bit and they didnt seem to want to go any further. So after talking with Moser they said fresh splines meeting older splines its gonna be a fight. So I had to hammer them in. But there in and both sides turn smooth.

Attachments

• axles in2.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 473
  • axles in.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 486
Josh you ain't done with that thing yet? Get busy. I waiting on the start up and smoking tires videos. :happy1:

naw getting closer im to the point where Im putting it together now. Funny things go really fast when your tearing into it. Then getting parts, money and everything else goes slow...

UPDATE: Heres an update for all my fans. :cheers::cheers::cheers:. Well I got the dana about 90% installed. I think it looks pretty good. Definatly plenty of tire under there. I had a few things do to before I got started putting the rear in but over all it wasnt bad. Even did it on my own and it wasnt that bad with the floor jack

Attachments

• Dana install.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 443
  • Dana install2.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 437
  • Dana install3.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 437
  • wheels install.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 434
Sweet project! Those quarters don't look bad to do at all. I need to get my bottle filled and get to work!

Some progress ive been working on the body lately. I had to rebuild the main body line down the part of the door and the quarter panel. The door had a dent in it right on the body line. I have to say its coming out rather well. I got the line built up and straight looks pretty good for right now. The wife is also working on my custom home made door panels. She got one done. I got half the car sanded out to 180. Going to go over the other half with 180 then back over the whole thing again with 180 just to be sure. Primer is just around the corner.

Attachments

• door panel.jpg
    9.1 KB · Views: 377
  • door line2.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 385
  • door line.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 384
  • newbodyline.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 378
  • door panel#2.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 389
I also got the cam, lifters, and spring package in, along with the billet oil pump drive, fuel system was ordered today should be here next week.

-
Back