72 Scamp and 440 Work in Progress

-
Well waiting on the weekend to primer. Cant really do it during the week as I need more time. But in the mean time I got the brakes on! Never done these before but they have good tension and everything seems to be where it needs to be.

Attachments

• Got brakes.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 610
Really who updates this? Looks like someone is slacking. Car is now in primer. First coat was Epoxy followed by 2 coats of 2k high build.

Attachments

• primer10.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 585
  • primer9.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 586
  • primer8.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 567
  • primer7.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 575
  • primer6.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 591
  • primer5.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 575
  • primer4.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 578
  • primer3.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 593
  • primer2.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 581
  • primer1.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 584
I started the fuel system, Got the sending unit, Filter and pump installed. It went pretty well. i like the route its nice and clean and easy access should something go wrong.

Attachments

• fuel4.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 589
  • fuel3.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 598
  • fuel2.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 582
  • fuel.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 576
Oh and a video. For your viewing pleasure. [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=givFNOg3fWQ"]72 Scamp - YouTube[/ame]

coming along great josh you should be really proud of yourself. I cant wait till you can drive it .

Progress trunk and the floor done. Not bad. I needs another coat I think but i ran out of paint.

Attachments

• trunk5.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 560
  • trunk4.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 556
  • trunk3.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 564
  • trunk2.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 586
  • trunk1.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 561
Your Scamp is really looking good and I love the way it sits. BTW I also like Cragars and blue and that combo is sweet on your car. I can't wait to see it in one piece and running.
Nice work!

I actually have been working on this but I fail to update this. Body is almost ready for topcoat. I went back and reprimerd this morning. I shot 2 wet coats of primer. Now to wet sand for top coat. Its already been blocked out and problem areas fixed. Also some sub assemblies are the dash is ready and has been painted. Steering column has been converted as well. Seats are done as well. I basically have the interior ready to go in once paint is finished.

Attachments

• seats.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 508
  • bezels.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 513
  • primer round24.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 508
  • primer round23.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 505
  • primer round22.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 503
  • primer round21.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 492
  • primer round2.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 500
  • column2.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 518
  • column.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 523
Josh your doing great work here for a first timer.I still can,t get over that you,ve never driven a V8 car or truck.LOL.Your in for a surprise with your first being a BB 440.You,ve done well doing all this work yourself.Keep up the great work.:cheers:

Just ran onto this thread- really nice work for a first-timer! Can't wait for more car ****. Good luck with the rest of the build; this IS going to be sweet when it's done!

Thanks for the kinds words fellas. It should have been in color some time ago but I just wasnt 100% happy with the primer so i redid it. I got some money coming in here soon and the block is going for work. I know I know ive said that more then a few times. But I just couldnt do it until i could pay for it.

Thanks for the kinds words fellas. It should have been in color some time ago but I just wasnt 100% happy with the primer so i redid it. I got some money coming in here soon and the block is going for work. I know I know ive said that more then a few times. But I just couldnt do it until i could pay for it.

Josh you're right on track with your car and doing a great job.I wouldn't worry about the timeline of the build,you're doing it right.

How have I missed this thread? You should be very proud josh. your car looks fantastic.

Ive got the Sub frame connectors in. Also got the brakes all plumbed and MC installed. Got the steering box installed and pitman arm. Also finished up the steering column

Attachments

• brakes plumb.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 412
  • steering box in.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 406
  • steering column done.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 410
You are really getting it together. Your car will look brand new when you're done.

-
Back