72 Swinger 5.7 HEMI

-
I am not usually into custom jobs but this is one very nicely done car. Excellent job.

I missed this as well. WOW!!!!! Awsome job! How the hell is this your first time doing a car. It is way to well done for that to be true. Nice F'n Dart reguardless! I love the engine bay.

I'm located in the Manassas area.

Don't get me wrong out there, guys--I've worked on cars for a long time. I love 'em. I've done engine swaps, trannies, big manifolds and carbs, etc., it's just that I've never done anything this extensive. I've wanted to do something like this for a long time, and finally got my chance.

I've driven it around a thousand miles since reassembly, and plan on driving to Carlisle next week. Hope to see some of you there. I'll be looking for your rides.

This pic is about all anyone around here has seen of it.

battlefield sunset (Small).jpg

Awesome - Ill keep an eye out for your car at Carslile

Hmmm... I see something in your future...

Could it be a trophy of some sort???!!!!

Nice work on this car. I just ran across this thread and you are just another example of why I need a 5.7.

Good job bro, that thing is tits
Tyson

Thanks for the comments. The wheels are Boyd Coddington's. I ordered them a week before he died. Gonna miss his influence.

Not interested in trophies, just a good time rollin'.

I wish I had half your skill...That car is amazing. I have had my 72 swinger since 99, and it has only gotten worse over the years. I haven't drivin it since 03 and really want to start fixing/modding, but no time, money, or skills.

wow, cant believe i have missed this post. I am really impressed with your talent, you should be vary proud of your accomplishments.

Thanks Winnepeg. I beat those covers out of sheet metal--the kind you would use to patch a quarter panel. I originally wanted them to be body color, but they looked rough as hell. Hit 'em with bedliner stuff--hides everything.

Yesm, thats that Rhino guard or something ...great idea...hope it holds up to the heat!

Thanks for the comments, Boxer. Nice '70 ya got there.

Bedliner stuff is Ameriguard. It IS the best, by far. Rhino is rubbery looking and inconsistent. If you didn't notice, I shot the valve covers with it as well. Gives it the trademark krinkle finish for Hemi's, and looks a heck of a lot better than any "krinkle" you can buy out there. Don't wast yer time or money on that rattle can crap. The techniques involved in getting this perfect of finish are almost unattainable, as well as being a pain in the ***. And "krinkle" rattle can paint ain't cheap. Some people swear by the Harley supplied stuff, but it's junk.

Valve covers at 207 degrees are still hard as a rock. So far, so good on the heat issue.

TRUCKNDART 078 (Small).jpg

My first car show ever. Minding my own damn business and some guy comes along, confiscates and stuffs my Dart into the Invitational Building. Didn't get it back til Sunday.

What an honor--I'm still shaking.

carlisle 056 (Small).jpg

carlisle 098 (Small).jpg

carlisle 106 (Small).jpg

hey guys i got to meet 5.7Dart ( sorry i cannot remember yoor name ) at the show about the time he was pulling it into the building. i have to say the car is better in person. the pictures don't capture the real details of it. very nice and well deserved honor...p.s. look for it in an upcoming issue of one of the mopar mags!!

I just noticed those pics are kinda dark. Here's a few more with a little more light. Must be my camera cuz that building was lit up big time.

carlisle 053 (Small).jpg

carlisle 058 (Small).jpg

carlisle 092 (Small).jpg

All I have to say is wow. I love this car. I'm looking forward to when you out do yourself on te next one.

DAMN that is one nice Swinger. I look forward to seeing it if you still have the original Slant 6 mill available for pickup!!!

Like others have said, can't believe I missed this thread before. Beautiful professional results. I've always believed the difference is in the details, and you can believe that's what makes the difference with your ride. Beautiful, beautiful finished car! Congratulations on a fantastic job.

hey guys i got to meet 5.7Dart ( sorry i cannot remember yoor name ) at the show about the time he was pulling it into the building. i have to say the car is better in person. the pictures don't capture the real details of it. very nice and well deserved honor...p.s. look for it in an upcoming issue of one of the mopar mags!!

That's exactly what I was thinking! If it does hit an issue, make sure to post it in this thread so we don't miss it! I'll definitely run out and buy a copy.

-
Back