73' B3 340 Duster pro touring build

-
I'm going black on the trim for my Dart as well. Wondering how you prep and paint the chrome/stainless. Also, how did they do the tint?

Paint thinner on a red scotch brite pad to clean off all the old stuff and and then washed them off with hot soapy water, followed by some wax and grease remover then apply a few light coats of Adhesive Promoter then several light coats of Trim Black.

attachment.php

Doing what he does best.... mixing Rum and coke in the 32 oz tumbler. He went to the store yesterday and bought some Diet Rasberry Snapple, I guess he's gonna try that for awhile. Good thing I can get him Military Special Vodka also.

Ross,
it looks like the intake doesn't sit correctly on any of the surfaces. Any of the pics in 2551.
Andrew

Those were taken before I removed the front and rear pins that were not letting the manifold seat properly ..it's nice and tight now after removal, Looks like Indy Mod man is a Air Gap manifold too. Tomorrow I do plan on making a my 1:1 ratio throttle body linkage, picked up a couple rod ends today and some shouldered bolts. Shouldnt take more than 30 minutes.

Attachments

• duster 011.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 811
  • duster 045.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 802
Paint thinner on a red scotch brite pad to clean off all the old stuff and and then washed them off with hot soapy water, followed by some wax and grease remover then apply a few light coats of Adhesive Promoter then several light coats of Trim Black.

Awesome, thanks. Simple, no primer.

I saw in an article, someone using POR 15, but you'd have to do a 2nd coat with Blackcoat or Chassis Black for UV protection. Also not sure on the gloss of those.

The SEM Trim Black gets great reviews on Amazon.

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Paints-SEM39143-Trim-Black-Aerosol/dp/B000EM019O"]SEM Paints (SEM39143) Trim Black, Aerosol : Amazon.com : Automotive[/ame]

Awesome, thanks. Simple, no primer.

I saw in an article, someone using POR 15, but you'd have to do a 2nd coat with Blackcoat or Chassis Black for UV protection. Also not sure on the gloss of those.

The SEM Trim Black gets great reviews on Amazon.

SEM Paints (SEM39143) Trim Black, Aerosol : Amazon.com : Automotive

Actually the Red Scotch Brite gave the stainless trim a nice satin brushed look, I considered leaving it that way but I have to stick to the plan and stay the course. I would not use POR 15 since its designed to bite into rusty metal plus the other reasons you mentioned.

Okay $6.00 in Rod ends, a 5" piece of .375" aluminum and about 30 minutes of spare time and I had my dual Throttle body linkage made. I also decided to make a couple covers so once the motors assembled nothing falls in the Bores, I'm sure I'll make something cooler down the road but for now this will work.

Attachments

• duster 027.jpg
    126.5 KB · Views: 789
  • duster 028.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 770
  • duster 031.jpg
    118.1 KB · Views: 791
  • duster 030.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 758
  • duster 019.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 774
Okay $6.00 in Rod ends, a 5" piece of .375" aluminum and about 30 minutes of spare time and I had my dual Throttle body linkage made. I also decided to make a couple covers so once the motors assembled nothing falls in the Bores, I'm sure I'll make something cooler down the road but for now this will work.

Show off!

LOL, JK,
that is cool!

Minor change today, Decided that I want to see all of the polished Throttle Bodies including the butterfiles so I made a 1 piece clear plexiglass cover. Sorry its a little hard to see ...Cause its clear, I still have to get flush bolts. It's not as cool as Tennis balls in velocity stacks but it will keep unwanted things down the intake.
bigun2.gif

Attachments

• duster 026.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 705
  • duster 025.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 725
  • duster 024.jpg
    113.8 KB · Views: 719
  • duster 023.jpg
    125.2 KB · Views: 737
Minor change today, Decided that I want to see all of the polished Throttle Bodies including the butterfiles so I made a 1 piece clear plexiglass cover. Sorry its a little hard to see ...Cause its clear, I still have to get flush bolts. It's not as cool as Tennis balls in velocity stacks but it will keep unwanted things down the intake.
bigun2.gif

that is just.......................slick!

76orangewagon,
If you have a torch oxy/set you can make a very small flame with the torch and with the blue part of the flame go around the edge of the plexi glass, and it makes the edge as clear as the top and bottom. Just sayin that would give it a real finished look and you would hardly see it then. :)

76orangewagon,
If you have a torch oxy/set you can make a very small flame with the torch and with the blue part of the flame go around the edge of the plexi glass, and it makes the edge as clear as the top and bottom. Just sayin that would give it a real finished look and you would hardly see it then. :)

Thanks..... I've heard that you could make plexiglass clear but really didn't know or research the procedure, I'll have to try it.

You could just drill .50" holes in the cover above each butterfly.

We'll call it a "safety restrictor" (for your own good).

Okay heres an opion question again....This is one of those ideas I had that I'm on the fence about using. I decided to add a lifting point to the heads and incorporate them into the head end plates I made. The first pic is without the hook and the rest are with the lift point(obviously), it still needs polished and the holes need recessed another 1/8" to make the flush but you get the idea. So what do you think with or without ? And yes there will be one one opposite corner(drivers side toward firewall)
attachment.php

Attachments

• duster 016.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 670
  • duster 017.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 689
  • duster 015.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 685
-
Back