73' B3 340 Duster pro touring build

-
Need to see it with a valve cover in place.

The Funny part is that the whole assembly will be going in from the bottom, so there really not needed, there there just for Visual impact.

True, but would that be the case if you had to remove after the car was fully assembled?

either way, looks badass, like its a race car that can have the engine swapped in a moments notice!

x2 on Idaho's comment

Need to see it with a valve cover in place.

The valve covers are out getting a mirrored polished put on them ....they should be done in a couple weeks. I'm debating having the Intake polished next....

I decided to try and get all the fuel system around the engine figured out and mounted. After test fitting a couple Regulators I decided on an Aeromotive compact unit that I'm going to mount it directly to one of the fuel rails and bend some Stainless Steel hard line ( blackened out to match the rails to connect the two together theres also a return line thats going to exit the bottom of the regulator and go back to the Tank, Since I can't leave anything alone I decided to shorten my fuel rails(see tape and arrows in the pics)to give a nice sanitary appearance to the system...I hate seeing a excessively long braided line looping around the front od the engine, it just looks like you didn't even give a crap about the appearance. The back Supply line will go into a Y block and feed both the rails. I also assembled the passenger side quarter glass assembly so I can check that off the list of things to do while I'm paitently waiting for the Body to come back from paint Jail...I think I might start working on repainting the grill to a darker color that fits the theme of the car.

Attachments

• duster 015.jpg
    120.5 KB · Views: 838
  • duster 016.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 805
  • duster 017.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 831
  • duster 018.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 811
  • duster 022.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 834
what are you going to do with the intake???

I don't know yet.....I'll probally send it out to have it polished mainly to smooth out the rough casting and definely will have it coated in a Clear Anodizing after that I may decide to paint all the billet.

Slight change of plans, after doing some research I decided to go with nylon braided Black hose instead of hard line. Tomorrow I will modify the fuel rails drawing the regulator and crossover line 1.5" closer to the throttle bodies. While I was at Summit Racing I decided to pick up one of the Air Cleaners I've been wanting to try and test fit.....as you can see I will have to add almost 1" to the carb neck to make the throttle linkage work (unless I cut down the Throttle Body arm) also theres an issue with the Distributor cap towers hitting, I'll have to see if they make that style cap with a female socket. If I keep the Air Cleaner it will get the same treatment as the Valve covers, which includes Milling off the fins, removing the Black Powder coating and polishing it, I think it would matche up pretty close to the Valve covers plus I like the hidden hold downs....nice. Tomorrow I'll also weld on the Ball and socket style collectors and drop them off at New Image coating in Youngstown (10 minutes from the Base) and have them Ceramic coated.
animated_bye_bye_emoticon.gif

Attachments

• duster 036.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 801
  • duster 028.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 776
  • duster 026.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 779
  • duster 040.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 778
  • duster 032.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 783
  • duster 029.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 784
  • duster 024.jpg
    131.3 KB · Views: 798
Today I managed to weld on the collector and dropped off the Headers to get ceramic coated. I also shortened the Fuel Rails so the crossover tube is even and tucked back a little closer to the throttle bodies. Finally I thought the dash needed something....so I made a couple 5" Twister emblems out of .100" 7075 Aluminum, one will be painted Gloss Black and the other will stay Aluminum like in the pictures once the paint dries I will switch them to decide which one I like better. I will add a bright red 2" Wicked word with a red pin stripe to add some color going across the bend in the dash. Enjoy and thanks for looking.

Attachments

• duster 043.jpg
    181.7 KB · Views: 757
  • duster 041.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 726
  • duster 039.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 761
  • duster 034.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 728
  • duster 033.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 761
  • duster 028.jpg
    114.7 KB · Views: 756
  • duster 024.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 742
I had some graphics whipped up today and made the Twister emblems a little bigger and went back to the original design but I really think the Dash looks better without them..here again, Just because I can make something doesn't mean I have too...or should, I'll guess I'll add the emblems to the growing scrap pile of unused ideas.
I also decided a Heavy Duty dual 1" Air Cleaner spacer, again If I decide to use it it will solve the throttle lever clearance and also the HEI style Distributor cap clearance.....it looks like I could take away some of height but I'll have to pick up some Spark plug wires to see how much I can actually Mill it down. I might try a couple Edelbrock Triangle Pro Flow 1000 Air Cleaners back to back since when the cars at a show I'll be using the Plexi Glass cover to show off the Polished Throttle Bodies.

Attachments

• duster 028.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 683
  • duster 024.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 707
  • duster 022.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 721
  • duster 021.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 709
  • duster 020.jpg
    110.5 KB · Views: 734
  • duster 018.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 708
  • duster 017.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 712
  • duster 030.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 728
The emblems are very nice but I'd say you're right, the clean dash is awesome. Hard to say sometimes until you see it. Sometimes you just have to take a step back, then carry on...

I've been doing a lot of that. Just put my rebuilt front suspension for sale to fund an HDK. Fair bit of time in it. Hope it sells.

I've been doing a lot of that. Just put my rebuilt front suspension for sale to fund an HDK. Fair bit of time in it. Hope it sells.

I see you's already sold, that was quick...people are always looking for that stuff already done.

Is there a seperate thread or information for your dad's Dart
or is it all here?

No unfortunately I just hijacked my own thread and added limited progress pics and updates here. I asked my dad if he wanted me to start a separate thread for it and he didn't want to.

-
Back