73' B3 340 Duster pro touring build

-
:coffee2::coffee2:Waiting for the video.:coffee2::coffee2:

I have ridden in that car (in anger - junior division) and I will
tell you to bring extra underwear.

I spent the day finishing up masking off the Grille and painted it the same colors as the dash Jet Black and Dark Slate then unmasked all the fins and cleared everything in ALSA Soft touch clear, again just like the dash. I was real happy with the finish but it's real hard to tell from just a few feet away that I just didn't take the easy way out and spray everything Black with a rattle can...kinda disappointing. But If you look close you can tell the difference. I really hated to blacken it all out and still have to do the marker lights and bezels but when completed and installed in the Black car it will pull the look together. Enjoy and thanks for looking in on the progress, I promise someday there will be a Black smooth Duster Body to install all these parts onto.

Attachments

• duster 015.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 712
  • duster 027.jpg
    113.8 KB · Views: 718
  • duster 021.jpg
    134 KB · Views: 705
  • duster 020.jpg
    119.4 KB · Views: 719
  • duster 019.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 720
  • duster 017.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 706
  • duster 016.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 698
Need to see it on the car - give your paint guy a kick in the rear :)
With dark accents on the car it will likely look great. I do think it needed the lighter change up.

Need to see it on the car - give your paint guy a kick in the rear :)
With dark accents on the car it will likely look great. I do think it needed the lighter change up.

Tom-The Paint guy told me November-December..although he told me that last year at this time for last December, If I were a betting man(and I'm not) I really would doubt if I see it this year either....but I'm trying to be Optimistic on this one.

I've looked at several Black mopars and the ones with Blacked out Grilles look much better (and meaner) than the Silver ones. IMO

I like dark grilles. The green one is particularly mean (even though its a beak car). I think its especially good with a body color bumper.
I'm considering a similar green for mine.

Attachments

• Mean 73 Duster.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 682
  • JoeGrillo (Small).jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 716
IMHO, all black on a Shark Tooth grill is a waste of all of that fine definition.

There has to be just enough contrast to bring the details out (and maybe there is).

.......I promise someday there will be a Black smooth Duster Body to install all these parts onto.

cat out of the bag???......or was I not paying attention when your car color was announced?

I get confused (statement works on my wife all the time)

cat out of the bag???......or was I not paying attention when your car color was announced?

I get confused (statement works on my wife all the time)

Actually, the correct name is Carbon Flash Metallic with Dark Slate accent color. I don't know that I officially announced it but it has been mentioned briefly a few times here and there.

SwirlBA4.jpg

IMHO, all black on a Shark Tooth grill is a waste of all of that fine definition.

There has to be just enough contrast to bring the details out (and maybe there is).
I couldn't agree more ....thats why I hope theres enough color variation in the two shades.

I like dark grilles. The green one is particularly mean (even though its a beak car). I think its especially good with a body color bumper.
I'm considering a similar green for mine.

Top picture the color is a 73 only color JF1 Mist Green and looks even better in person than pics

Top picture the color is a 73 only color JF1 Mist Green and looks even better in person than pics

A friend many moons ago had a 73 Duster in that color. I really like it, wasn't sure this one was it so thanks. I keep snapping pics of cars with colors that interest me. This one proves this color can be good with the black trim I'd like to do.

Actually, the correct name is Carbon Flash Metallic with Dark Slate accent color. .

Looks like metal flake but must be a real close up right? Should be awesome.
I'm staying with something I can paint - no metallics. I think that JF1 with a clear coat could be nice.

Attachments

• vw green.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 652
Looks like metal flake but must be a real close up right? Should be awesome.

Yea, its very close up...I hate to admit its a GM color...what I like about it is that the Metallic is mainly just silver.... not green,blue,gold and purple like lots of newer metallics have in them. Heres a not so close pic of the same car and color.

Attachments

• carbon flash.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 644
  • cf 2.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 626
Looks like a paint that will show body lines nicely. I love the lines on a Duster.

-
Back