73' B3 340 Duster pro touring build

-
That looks good Ross. I know that I shouldn't say this out loud, but I love that color. Have a rum&coke. You've earned it.:coffee2:

That looks good Ross. I know that I shouldn't say this out loud, but I love that color. Have a rum&coke. You've earned it.:coffee2:

Which Color ? The Ford Grabber Orange on the hood latch support, the original Basin Blue(aka Petty blue for you Dodge boys) on the roof, The Black E-coat on the rear quarters or the gallon plus of gray Epoxy primer used everywhere else ??? Rum and Diet Cherry Coke will have to wait till the weekend...... but thanks.

it is really amazing....it does not even look like you sectioned and lowered the roof

it is really amazing....it does not even look like you sectioned and lowered the roof

Shhhhh, don't be giving away that kind of privledged information or I'll have to take my toys home and find someone else to play with.

I like the look ohne dimple ALOT better Ross. Smooth and clean, those adjusters are nice to. Another week or two and my engine compartment will be slightly more industrial, but should be as effective. Keep up the good work.

LOL - From a guy who's wheelbase and wheelwell opening dimensions don't match
any known template.

Oh no Sir....It's regulation....you can check it if you like. (John Milner to Officer Holztein / American Graffiti)

Right the first time. I'll keep my opinions to myself.:coffee2:
Please don't keep your opinion to yourself, I enjoy the feedback and sometime's I see things in a different light and change directions with the build....

That color orange of the hood latch, is that what the car will be? Sorry if I missed it.

That color orange of the hood latch, is that what the car will be? Sorry if I missed it.

Like the majority of parts on this build, that was done as a Test piece to see how I liked it. now that I have looked at it for 6 months I can saywith some confidence that NO that will not be the color of the car....It's not Orange enough for me without being a true Orange. I want a non- traditional color so I dont just blend in with the crowd.

of course ...he will seek our approval before he makes his "definately a maybe" descion

Cool thanks. Not stealing it or anything. I found the purple I wanted haha

Cool thanks. Not stealing it or anything. I found the purple I wanted haha

Actually I wish someone would steal it, I would like to see that color on a Duster to ultimatley sway me one way or the other on the color.

That engine bay dress up looks great. Wish I had the ability to get a set of those. I have no access to the tools required to make a set.

Riddler

That engine bay dress up looks great. Wish I had the ability to get a set of those. I have no access to the tools required to make a set.

Riddler

There really not that difficult to make. True, I used a waterjet to cut mine, but you could hand cut/shear a set (mine are .050" 4130 steel) pretty easily and weld the lip on from the back side and grind a slight radius to match the contour of the factory stamped edge. Since I eliminated the Dimple holes there's nothing really special about them now.

There really not that difficult to make. True, I used a waterjet to cut mine, but you could hand cut/shear a set (mine are .050" 4130 steel) pretty easily and weld the lip on from the back side and grind a slight radius to match the contour of the factory stamped edge. Since I eliminated the Dimple holes there's nothing really special about them now.

In this liberal world you need to be told the truth "there special because you made them" LOL Thanks for the pics, I'm digging it!

There really not that difficult to make.......you could hand cut/shear a set pretty easily........
I don't often carry an umbrella.....but if you have a garbage bag, some duct tape, a hula hoop
and a stick....you can make an umbrella........

the DOCTOR is in the house....

sorry for the hijack Ross...but we are keeping you at the top

Anybody currently actively building should be on the top shelf,
even if they have eschewed custom cupholders in deference
to solid hot rod design ethics.

Nice rod Ross.

-
Back