73' B3 340 Duster pro touring build

-
I just noticed you don't have a sending unit on your fuel cell. How are you monitoring fuel level?

I just noticed you don't have a sending unit on your fuel cell. How are you monitoring fuel level?

I will send you current photo's of the fuel cell....that was how I recieved it from J.D I have added a Auto Meter universal sending unit and a totally diffrent 2" fuel inlet with -8 vent...I'll try to get those to you tonight.

I sent payment to JD yesterday for my tank. Pretty sharp guy. Would have never known about him if it wasn't for you. THANKS!

just my 2 cents here,,,, talking about fuel level sending units,,,the standard fuel cel units dont work very well,,and usually need replacing often,, i have an add from rod and custon on a new style im looking in to,,,it has a tube that fuel goes in to verses a float that moves up and down,, more accurate reading,, ill post the info as soon as i get it al together,, im deffenitly going to try one,,,

Are you making any progress Ross? I think I'm jonesin'. I need a fix! Hope all is going well.:coffee2:

just my 2 cents here,,,, talking about fuel level sending units,,,the standard fuel cel units dont work very well,,and usually need replacing often,, i have an add from rod and custon on a new style im looking in to,,,it has a tube that fuel goes in to verses a float that moves up and down,, more accurate reading,, ill post the info as soon as i get it al together,, im deffenitly going to try one,,,

I wanted the type your describing but I couldn't find one that would work with a 6" deep tank..

Are you making any progress Ross? I think I'm jonesin'. I need a fix! Hope all is going well.:coffee2:

Oh there's been progress, I need to get everything in primer before I post the pic's...actually getting ready to start the Hood and Rear bumper Mod those I will be posting on a regular basis, Also went to the Cleveland Auto show and might have finally picked a color...more on that later. gotta get some paint mixed and sprayed on a test panel.

ok this tube style fuel level sending unit is made my classic instruments.com it works on takes 6 to 48 inches deep and has several impedence options .

Looking forward to seeing the hood and bumper mods. Both will look sharp from what you have shown before. Glad you might have made a color choice. Can't wait to see the test panel.:coffee2:

Looking forward to seeing the hood and bumper mods. Both will look sharp from what you have shown before. Glad you might have made a color choice. Can't wait to see the test panel.:coffee2:

Don't get to happy on the Color thing, I did say "Might". It really looked diffrent inside compared to online color samples. I wish I would have seen the car outside in natural light....Wednesday I'll try to pick up some paint In between the Mod's.

Your going to make take up drinking again. LMAO. I haven't touched a drop in almost 13 years, I can handle the wait. Still looking forward.:coffee2:

Denny, I think I envy you just a bit. Being close enough to see Ross'es car up close. It would be worth a trip to Ohio just to meet you guys and do a little brain pickin'. 'Coarse I wouldn't be bringing much ' pickin' material:coffee2:

I'm pretty sure, by the way it sounds, you don't need to bring any pickin' material... just a bottle of Captain :)

got any fresh photos to share???

Why, did you see anything intresting that I should post ? The exhaust is a redo for sure now, so I have to design a couple "test" tips to get the layout. I guess I can sell the big Corvette cast piece I was so proud of.

I know I've shown pics here and there of the front tire at ride height but some of you were probally wondering was if or how I could turn this thing. Well here it is, with the suspension under it, brakes on and everything clears and I have a turning radius equal to a new car. Trust me it was no easy task getting all the parts to play nice with each other, there's still a few small changes that need to be made for optimum fitment in the motor mount/steering area, but nothing more than "Small potatoes"....and yes thats Denny's hand showing that there's plenty of room at lock to lock. Remember that these are 26.30" tires not the typical 24.5" low profile mustang tires..... that would have been the easy way out. No offense to anyone going that route, but theres lots of extra tricks to get here.. as some of you know. For those of you that have seen Denny's Hemi Duster,this car is 2" lower than that.

Attachments

• duster 001.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 1,646
  • duster 002.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 1,004
  • duster 003.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 1,013
  • duster 006.JPG
    120.5 KB · Views: 1,029
Proper planning, doing your homework, and some luck, go a long way.....

Great pics...actually it's 2 1/4 inches lower...but with the same ground clearance....beautiful job Ross!

OH my god! I want to do this! PLEASE reveal to us what was done!

I'm running RMS front and back and I don't think I can go down this far!

Riddler

Denny told me to check out your pictures I'm so glad i did because I'll be running the same outside diameter tire on an 18"rim and now i know it'll clear. What wheel are you running cause it looks like mine but the eagle alloys don't list a 17" like that.

-
Back