73' B3 340 Duster pro touring build

-
I had to alter a piece of history today...The Tom Hoover 371 engine had a very custom and unique oil pan that he made out of taking a Street Hemi oil pan, cutting the sump off and welding it sideways on a stock 360 oil pan for increased capacity without adding excess depth. The problem was that it wanted to take up the same space as the TTi header on the Driver side and after spending all that coin on polished ceramic coating modifying them wasn't an option so after a call to TTi and them a trip to Summit Racing the problem was solved. I thought I'd post some pics for all the history buffs out there of some old school chrysler engineering, Yes that includes the oil pump pick up also.

Attachments

• hoover oil pan 006.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 829
  • hoover oil pan 026.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 838
  • hoover oil pan 022.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 846
  • hoover oil pan 004.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 823
  • hoover oil pan 003.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 828
  • hoover oil pan 020.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 826
  • hoover oil pan 019.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 845
  • hoover oil pan 017.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 834
  • hoover oil pan 016.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 834
  • hoover oil pan 009.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 836
the pick-up looks like they modified it with a trip to Home Depo

necessity is the mother of invention......and a trip to the Home Depo

necessity is the mother of invention......and a trip to the Home Depo

i laughed at you today..... a beer sales rep came in today and we haggled over a POS sign........ after a few minutes I told him "perfection is not my goal, its my standard"

I started laughing....he scratched his head.....

Denny,
I was wondering if you or Brother John would want the oil pan and pick up, I know its not a Hemi but it has a Street Hemi sump welded on and it was built by Tom Hoover, it would be a unique conversation piece sitting next to your Dick Landy cigar.

Denny,
I was wondering if you or Brother John would want the oil pan and pick up since it was built by Tom Hoover, it would be a unique conversation piece sitting next to your Dick Landy cigar.

absolutely!...it will sit in a prominent spot in the display case...next to Dick's cigar as requested.

COOL.....and next to Denny's Chryslers at Carlisle Standard of Modified Excellence Cup.

Thanks Ross!

and do not forget that magnificent certificate I got at the Car Craft Nationals that says.....

you have a nice car (or something like that)

Really....I can't believe you seriously just asked me that.

Okay, since I assume you were serious with that question....... he comes over on weekends (Sundays) and has been working on Dad's Dart Swinger he calls Sunkist. When I asked a few weeks ago how the Duster was coming along, he said it's coming along. thats all I got for an update but he'll be over this Sunday and I'll try to get a more definate answer.

I hate to hi-jack my own thread instead of starting a New one, but there are so many 70' Dart build's going on I didn't want to add another so occasionally I'll post pics of the current build since the Duster is gone for who knows how long. So with that said here's some more progress....I had a matte black stripe made since I wasn't a big fan of the factory gloss black, I think it match's the hood black out much better. Got the front end on the motor now that all the Aluminum parts are painted Black to resemble a more factory appearance that includes the Billet overflow tank I decided to add for when it goe's see some track time. Got the TTi headers on,the new Milodon oil pan and some KYB shocks. The chrome Direct Connection valve covers are out getting Re-chromed along with the front frender extensions and vent window trim.

Attachments

• dart 035.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 678
  • dart 014.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 673
  • dart 028.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 690
  • dart 007.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 684
  • dart 036.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 681
  • dart 021.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 689
  • dart 017.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 678
  • dart 042.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 674
  • dart 004.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 704
  • dart 039.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 692
how's those measurements coming?

Damn it...... I Forgot again, I'll be there Saturday A.M. Text me a reminder if you can, you got me seriously thinking about your idea for the Duster paint scheme. Yes, the gears are turning.

Looks nice Ross. Thanks for posting the Dart in here. I don't get out to the main board too often. I just stay in the threads from our little 'click'.

Damn it...... I Forgot again, I'll be there Saturday A.M. Text me a reminder if you can, you got me seriously thinking about your idea for the Duster paint scheme. Yes, the gears are turning.

should I talk to my sticker guy?......I think he has pictures of farm animals

should I talk to my sticker guy?......I think he has pictures of farm animals

Actually I talked to a "Professional" air brush guy regarding our conversation, he just did a Harley gas tank in that same theme and is getting me pics. I probally should expect a call from Mark since he's not been informed of the latest Duster conspiricy.

-
Back