73' B3 340 Duster pro touring build

-
I have been working on a unique billet timing chain cover.
That's a lot of aluminum for just a timing cover alone. Knowing your propensity
for the unusual, I'm thinking that this must be more like a timing cover / fondue
set combination. Definatey something leaning toward the snack service direction
(I hope) to accompany Dave's excellent Rum & Cokes.

I caught your aluminum blurb....but "no comment "..... due to confidential/need to know/ for your eyes only/inside info.

Inspirational is a good word for the kind of work done on that Coronet. Hope to see the finished product.

That's a lot of aluminum for just a timing cover alone. Knowing your propensity
for the unusual, I'm thinking that this must be more like a timing cover / fondue
set combination. Definatey something leaning toward the snack service direction
(I hope) to accompany Dave's excellent Rum & Cokes.

I had a 100 lb slab from a previous build so I just used that. I was going to make a dual quad cross ram air cleaner for my STR-12 on my Power Wagon years ago but had a change of direction ...imagine that. I also might be leaving out a few small details that Denny was refering to until the actual reveal. But its definatley not a Fondue set

I had a 100 lb slab from a previous build so I just used that. I was going to make a dual quad cross ram air cleaner for my STR-12 on my Power Wagon years ago but had a change of direction ...imagine that. I also might be leaving out a few small details that Denny was refering to until the actual reveal. But its definatley not Fondue set

Production Part for the future? LOL

I saw it but didn't figure you'd actually tell us.

Riddler

Riddler

You boys are up early! I thought I would post a few pics of the engine/trans cart that Ross made. Fully adjustable.... and brakes down to store when not being used. The last picture is of the lift tool Ross made. Bolt it to the frame where your bumper bolts on and lift away!

Attachments

• photo1.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 1,002
  • photo2.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 982
  • photo3.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 992
Hey, the second ones blury...were you drinking Rum before taking these ?
I actually like the lift in the third pic the best...you can't see it but everything pivots, so no binding when lifting your freshly painted car.

Hey Ross. Are you coming to Pgh to pick up that trunk lid? I have a customer interested in a fender, and he's in Akron. Maybe help on fuel. -Don

Hey Ross. Are you coming to Pgh to pick up that trunk lid? I have a customer interested in a fender, and he's in Akron. Maybe help on fuel. -Don

Yea but I'm not sure when it will be....how big of a hurry is he in to get it ?

Riddler

No production part here, just another one off Idea I thought would be different and unique....When you say you saw "IT" do you mean the post or the Mock up/prototype ?

No production part here, just another one off Idea I thought would be different and unique....When you say you saw "IT" do you mean the post or the Mock up/prototype ?

Saw the post, wish I saw more. Here where I live we are the auto capital. The big three plus Toyota and a few other small car companies have all there tooling built here in the Windsor area. I've quite a few friends who work in CNC shops and have offered to make me some parts. Just haven't figured out if I need or want anything.

Riddler

Holy smokes Ross, I had to go all the way to page 3 to find your thread, never done that before. This killer build barely leaves top 20 on page 1. Airforce have you hiding out somewhere? We wanted to upgrade our airforce in Canada, originally it was going to be 65 new F-35s to replace our aging F-18 fleet but with the new armed forces budget theyve changed the purchase to 65 new (to us) 1970ish Cesna's, come complete with pipebombs and a six shooter....lol.
Whats happening? Hows things going in the paint & body dept?

Holy smokes Ross, I had to go all the way to page 3 to find your thread, never done that before. This killer build barely leaves top 20 on page 1. Airforce have you hiding out somewhere? We wanted to upgrade our airforce in Canada, originally it was going to be 65 new F-35s to replace our aging F-18 fleet but with the new armed forces budget theyve changed the purchase to 65 new (to us) 1970ish Cesna's, come complete with pipebombs and a six shooter....lol.

LOL Cessnas eh? I helped do major warranty repairs for McDonnell Douglas on the Canadian F18s waaay back in the early 80s. Then again they may not fly enough to be worn out.

Ross is busy with another project, he will not be back for along while :p:p:p:p

I figure the Duster will be awhile since it's not in Primer yet....The ETA for the dart is mid May. It's really not that far off, there are so many New parts that came with the car, like a complete interior. Here's a couple pics.

Attachments

• dart 012.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 791
  • dart 019.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 769
  • dart 010.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 784
  • dart 009.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 779
  • dart 002.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 768
  • dart 008.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 786
  • dart 001 (2).jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 808
  • dart 016.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 1,005
  • dart 007.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 788
  • dart 011.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 808

I actually pulled my Paint & Body guy off the Duster temporarily to wet sand and Buff the Dart, it actually looks 100 times better. Next we're going to realign all the body panels. I did ask today how the Duster was coming...almost ready for primer he said, heard that back in November and then again in December,Oh and then in January.

Looks like it's time to sit back and have a Belly Buster or two!!! But it's lookin' good.

Dave is gonna have some fun....looks like we need to make room in the tent?

-
Back