73' B3 340 Duster pro touring build

-
Actually I talked to a "Professional" air brush guy regarding our conversation, he just did a Harley gas tank in that same theme and is getting me pics. I probally should expect a call from Mark since he's not been informed of the latest Duster conspiricy.

Holy ****! the only guy that can keep his trap shut and he's left out of the loop!

Hey..... How is Dave digging his new ride??? I think it looks fantastic!

Holy ****! the only guy that can keep his trap shut and he's left out of the loop!

Hey..... How is Dave digging his new ride??? I think it looks fantastic!

I'll email you pics tomorrow to bring you up to speed. Dad loves the Dart, but hates the 1 step forward 2 step back thing....theres lots of it.

Wow that looks great. Matte stripe looks better than the gloss.
I like that you painted the aluminium parts makes you look twice.
What paint did you use? Gloos Black Engine paint?

Wish I had half the room you do to work

Wow that looks great. Matte stripe looks better than the gloss.
I like that you painted the aluminium parts makes you look twice.
What paint did you use? Gloos Black Engine paint?

Wish I had half the room you do to work

After some research and talking with a Radiator shop, I went with Eastwood's Radiator Gloss Black. I was told not to use engine paint on a radiator due to the loss of heat conductivity and thickness of regular paint material. I'm real happy with the Matte Black stripe. Thanks

A few more pics of the 70' Dart, a few parts came in like the restored 3 speed wiper done by Kim @ Passion 4 Mopars, stopped by summit for a new ATI transmission dipstick and tube. I ordered NOS Swinger emblems a few weeks ago and they didn't fit the Quarter panel holes properly and ended up broke, so I ordered mopar replacements and they fit like they were suppose to. I fought for an hour with the gas tank tube to trunk seal....what a PITA and after looking at the picture the trunk needs a bath and a good clean up. Also talked with my painter and he told me to bring my camera next Sunday for some progress pics on the Duster !!!!!!!
And Yes Mark......that is on of Dad's special Rum and Coke in the second picture.

Attachments

• dart 005.jpg
    165.4 KB · Views: 780
  • dart 010.jpg
    166.4 KB · Views: 782
  • dart 006.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 782
  • dart 007.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 777
  • dart 008.jpg
    128.8 KB · Views: 791
  • dart 012.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 779
I like the Rum and Coke sitting on the inner fender in the second pic. :drinkers:

I have to admit that it was a stagged picture ....I was taking K frame measurements for Denny and it seemed like the thing to do. Sorry it was taken with a cell phone.

Haha

Some of the pics make it look like its highlighter yellow
It is comin along nicely bet your dad cant wait for it to be done

My Dad has some wierd vapor lighting that plays tricks on colors, I'm waiting for a nice day to open the 14 ft doors and use natural light for picture taking. Yea he's anxious for it to be done, were hoping to be ready for the All Mopar show at Summit Racing June 9th.

Mike
No, I still need to pick up stuff like MSD 6AL and some other small parts plus I would like for the chrome valve covers to be on it so I don't have to swap them out later.

love the satin clear coat over on Marks site...

thanks for the measurements

Also seriously considering satin. Love how it shows off body lines.

From what I read, waxing a full satin paint job is a no no (even the clear coated ones) as the gloss would increase in a blotchy way. I can see how satin stripes would not be affected but I've wondered about hoods.

Here's an example of how the satin accentuates beautiful lines. It would have to have some color as black and grey are too easily confused with primer. I may do my 69 this color with black trim if maintenance is not a big problem.

Attachments

• lamborghini-army-green-aventador-1.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 711
From what I read, waxing a full satin paint job is a no no (even the clear coated ones) as the gloss would increase in a blotchy way. I can see how satin stripes would not be affected but I've wondered about hoods.

Here's an example of how the satin accentuates beautiful lines. It would have to have some color as black and grey are too easily confused with primer. I may do my 69 this color with black trim if maintenance is not a big problem.

I have to agree with Greys and Blacks look like primer, that green is interesting, if I was going with a military theme that might be an option. I hate to spend all the $$$$$$$ on a paint job to look like primer, I like Scion color named Cement but it looks like shiny primer.

David Beckhams ride. Even in grey its beautiful. Of course it's all in the eye of the beholder.

Attachments

• David-Beckham-Camaro.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 699
waxing a satin paint job is a definite no no.I just picked up a new product line that was developed for satin paint. a soap and a daily mist type of cleaner that leaves no streaks behind. also when doing a satin paint job the clear has to be mixed to a satin finish. The problem is when painting the car apart the mixed clear is inconsistent in sheen. Most all major paint companies are developing a satin clear straight from the can. Standox is what is used on high end cars like the one above. The are leading the pack with a satin clear to be offered to the end user any day now.

I was going to paint my car flat black but after looking at what the primer look would be like I had to decide on this color
View attachment image.jpg

I do like the satin or flat look but cannot justify the price for the look.

waxing a satin paint job is a definite no no.I just picked up a new product line that was developed for satin paint. a soap and a daily mist type of cleaner that leaves no streaks behind. also when doing a satin paint job the clear has to be mixed to a satin finish. The problem is when painting the car apart the mixed clear is inconsistent in sheen. Most all major paint companies are developing a satin clear straight from the can. Standox is what is used on high end cars like the one above. The are leading the pack with a satin clear to be offered to the end user any day now.

I kinda think the difficult application may be the deal killer for me.

Sorry about the diversion. I guess we need filler while waiting for the Duster :)

-
Back